Boy pretends to be girl to beat on real girls at track meet

http://americanmilitarynews.com/2016..._source=asmdss

- - - Updated - - -

10 characters

Nattaphon Wangyot was allowed to participate in the girls’ competition due to a state law that allows each individual high school to determine whether or boys can compete in individual girls’ events. The Alaska Dispatch News reports that boys do not need to go through hormone treatment to be eligible to participate, the only requirement is that the boys self-identify as girls.

"He won 5th place", "dominated".

This is like people bitching about Fallon Fox competing in MMA. The girls she beat were clearly technically inferior, as well as athletically inferior in a number of other cases (what do you expect fighting someone in shape when you have a 2 inch deep paunch?).

10+ Year Old Account
    Does he self identify as female, or did he do it just for the track meet as you claim?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    "He won 5th place", "dominated".
    lol
    /10chars

10+ Year Old Account
    Really misguiding title there chief. I thought a guy pretended to be a girl so he could beat up a bunch of girls at the track meet.

1. There is nothing in the article that implies he is pretending.

2. He isn't "beating on" anyone.

As for whether he should be able to compete, he shouldn't. Biology is a thing. I don't know if hormone treatments would put him on equal footing with the other girls but if it does and he/she wants to get it, then more power to him/her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, I should've identified myself as a girl when I was school.
    Group showers would've been so much better

Misleading. I was under the impression that he crushed the competition.

Regardless of the outcome, trans people should probably have their own sports teams. It is not fair for a Woman to complete with someone that nature designed to be faster and stronger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Does he self identify as female, or did he do it just for the track meet as you claim?
    Considering his source is biased as hell and even claims that she doesn't use hormones -- Here's the actual report from the Alaskan Public.

http://www.alaskapublic.org/2016/06/...te-track-meet/

The group said male-to-female transgender students have an advantage over biologically female athletes. Ice disagrees. She says she takes medication that suppresses male hormones and increases female hormones.

The group mentioned here is one of those ones like the one in North Carolina who was sending men into female restrooms to check the genders of the women in there.

I came here expecting Juwanna Mann. I am disappointed that I got this nonsense. He didn't dominate anyone. If he truly self-identifies as a female, then there's no issue. If he did it only to attempt to beat girls...LOL on him for failing at that and making himself look like an ass. Either way, there's really no problem here.

Can't say I'm surprised, we all knew it was going to happen sooner or later. Kinda think they shouldn't be able to compete with the opposite sex unless they've undergone extensive hormone therapy.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one saw the movie Lady Bugs? The idea has been presented in the past. This is nothing new and creative.

As for "Well we all knew that this would become a thing, so not really a surprise." I wouldn't declare it a 'thing' from 1 story. If this became more widely done, then it can be a 'thing'. But right now, it is an isolated incident.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Vamperica View Post
    MMA doesn't allow a Boy to say I am a girl and be done with it. It is a lot more involved than this.
    There's been significant controversy over Fox competing with women. There shouldn't be. Fox hasn't won a single match because she used to be male. She won because she was significantly more skilled and more prepared than her opponents.

if she's taking hormones she should show similar performance to the rest of them. she really needs to get her balls snipped out though, because being athletic will probably still affect her a bit, even if she's taking hormones. i wouldn't want to take any chances were i in her position.

10+ Year Old Account
    Between misrepresenting the story, and that this is essentially about gender, which is a forbidden topic, I'm locking this here.