Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    By ignore I mean do not give them any legitimacy. The more we talk about them, the more "air time" we give them, the more exposure and "fame" they get. The problem with colleges is that the professors and administrators need to grow backbones. People are not in college to have their ideas coddled, they are there to learn things and have their ideas challenged.
    The professors and administration ARE sjws. Not to mention gov't and title 9.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it's easier for them to bend the knee than attract bad publicity, followed inevitably by an even larger swarm of social justice warriors.

7+ Year Old Account
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...ppkkcjolofmacc

This makes the experience in this forum much more enjoyable

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    There might be some, but not all of them:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IEFD_JVYd0
    Didn't they have to resign?

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    It says alot about american values when they can't handle a character showing sexuality but are fine with kids idolizing murderers.
    That is a gross misrepresentation of what happened. The poster was fine with characters showing sexuality, but thought one pose didn't fit one character. Poster specifically said the pose fit another female character which also had that pose.

Blizzard said they agreed and a bunch of reactionaries lost their shit.

Blizzard presented a new pose, still sexy but more playful, poster said that he liked it, most people, including many reactionaries, said it was better, some reactionaries still portray it as a "SJW" "forcing" Blizzard to do something they didn't want to and objecting to any sexy portrayal of women.

The problem with reactionaries is 1) there are vastly more of them than SJWs and 2) they don't seem to understand that their demands actively stifle creativity as much, probably more, than any SJW could hope to do so. In this case, had Blizzard caved to the reactionaries, they would have been responsible for Blizzard not making a pose better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because that's our culture now. Those in charge cater to everyone who bitches about everything.

It's rather pathetic really.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...ppkkcjolofmacc

This makes the experience in this forum much more enjoyable
    Be careful, some SJWs might take that as a death threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Why didn't he complain about widow maker and d va then? And why do t you want blizzard to have creative control over their own properties?
    The person didn't have a problem with them. She even mentioned specifically that Widowmaker is supposed to be overtly sexual and she was ok with that. She just didn't think the butt posed fit Tracer's personality and Blizzard agreed.

The internet just turned it into a SJW thing because tilting at windmills.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    The person didn't have a problem with them. She even mentioned specifically that Widowmaker is supposed to be overtly sexual and she was ok with that. She just didn't think the butt posed fit Tracer's personality and Blizzard agreed.

The internet just turned it into a SJW thing because tilting at windmills.
    Is the internet your windmill?

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    I'm not trying to instigate too much shit as a warning and wondering if this topic flies at all here because a moderator from Overwatch sub directed me elsewhere.

Now anyway, you know how SJWs can congregate on a piece of media and attack or threaten it to where the creators bend a knee and edit or censor something, is that because such bad or controversial publicity can affect sales? Or is that because, as someone on the other topic pointed out, they can actually fucking SUE for perceived inappropriate depictions of sexuality? I ask this here since no "friend" I talk to seem to give much of a shit and just eat up censored stuff as long as it doesn't affect anything major. Bravely Second and Overwatch, though, is where I put my foot down

Just want to know what the real reason is unless I already got it down at the sueing part.
    People give opinions and sometimes the creators agree with the decisions and make changes accordingly. The SJW thing is just a dumb meme that people use to try and belittle other opinions. Assuming you're talking about the Tracer thing with Overwatch, that was one of the dumbest things to outrage the anti-SJW mob as it was purely about what the gamer thought was appropriate for that character and they had no problem with Widowmaker.

This is what was said about Tracer's pose. The original forum post is gone so had to get it from some articles.

“WHAT? What about this pose has anything to do with the character you’re building in tracer? It’s not fun, its not silly, it has nothing to do with being a fast elite killer. It just reduces tracer to another bland female sex symbol.

“We aren’t looking at a widowmaker pose here, this isn’t a character who is in part defined by flaunting her sexuality. This pose says to the player base, oh we’ve got all these cool diverse characters, but at any moment we are willing to reduce them to sex symbols to help boost our investment game.”

“I have a young daughter that everyday when I wake up wants to watch the recall trailer again. She knows who tracer is, and as she grows up, she can grow up alongside these characters.

“What I’m asking is that as you continue to add to the overwatch cast and investment elements, you double down on your commitment to create strong female characters. You’ve been doing a good job so far, but shipping with a tracer pose like this undermines so much of the good you’ve already done.”
    As you can see it's saying the pose was fine on a character like Widowmaker but it just doesn't fit Tracer's character.

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    This is what was said about Tracer's pose. The original forum post is gone so had to get it from some articles.

As you can see it's saying the pose was fine on a character like Widowmaker but it just doesn't fit Tracer's character.
    The real issue (imo) wasn't that first post, but that people actually agreed with it for the wrong reasons....