How are WW monks shaping up in Legion PvP?

I want to possibly make a WW monk main come Legion to PvP . I think monks are one of the most complex classes in the game to play well, and i'm all up for a challenge. I main I Warrior and since they have been dumbing down the class ever since Cataclysm, it is not as fun as it used to be. But I like Warrior mobility, which is one of the reasons I have been liking monks so far (I have one at lvl 77 in live). Besides mobility I like the CC and the combat style of monks.

But first I'd like to know how are monks shaping up in Legion PvP in terms of damage and survivability? I don't arena, I like dueling, doing random BGs and the occasional world PvP (keep this in mind ).

I will just copy/paste my post here from another thread lol:

All we do is run, run, heal in arena. LOL.

https://youtu.be/wPDTnnyPB4M?t=3m11s

Starting at 3min 11sec in this youtube arena video above, you can see that basically all we do in arena is run run heal.

His partner (the rogue) was basically doing everything. The rogue did most of the damage than him.

I think Windwalker needs another defensive ability. Because most people know about Karma now. They know that when the windwalker karmas, you just stop attacking him and wait until his Karma ends, and then go back on him and burst him down lol.

But what we lack in defensives, we make up for in mobility. Windwalker has pretty good mobility, I guess which is why I still play my little windwalker monk.

We can't take a hit. We are just super squishy. I wanna be able to take a hit and not run, lol.

I will just copy and paste what he said in his video:

"I would rather stay in a fight then have to run away. I really don't have a choice if I want to live because Monks are seriously lacking in defense at the moment on alpha. Really our only defensive is our ability to kite which really does not fit the fantasy of the class at all if all I can do is stun, burst and then kite rather than staying in a fight. That is my opinion and I hope that they change it going into the expac."

I think Legion Windwalker Arena PvP is gonna be even worse than Warlords of Draenor. Nimble brew is gone. We only have one chi generator.

It's just gonna be tough for us. I may just try out Demon Hunter, lol.

But on the other hand, we do have good cc, and we still have crazy mobility, which I think, makes up for our lack of defensives.
    Last edited by chaarrllee3000; 2016-06-08 at 01:19 AM.

That video makes me sad. I see it's from March, has anything changed since then to make WW better in PvP? I've played my monk since day 1 of release but I don't think I can take yet another expansion of the class being terrible in PvP, much less requiring twice the work of any other class to do just as good.

Also that heal... it's so weak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shouldn't come as no surprise. We were gutted of all our defensive abilities after MoD and haven't gotten anything in return. Disarms were gutted across the board, sparring was removed, the old effect of RoP was redone to be more of a utility spell. We used to be very good duelist, thus good in 2v2's in arena. I'm not sure the direction blue is taking here.

Just play Brewmaster. You do as much damage as a dps spec and have quadruple the survivability. You can win 1v3's, shut down burst windows with Admonishment and you can easily 100-0 someone inside of a Leg Sweep if you take Double Barrel.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    If someone told me how to play I'd show them a simulation dps graph made out of dick pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcbenchpress View Post
    Just play Brewmaster. You do as much damage as a dps spec and have quadruple the survivability. You can win 1v3's, shut down burst windows with Admonishment and you can easily 100-0 someone inside of a Leg Sweep if you take Double Barrel.
    Considering I ended up playing Brewmaster for most of WOD in PvP until Blizzard nerfed it, may as well do it again for another expansion. Brewmaster PvP talents seem to be far better than what WW has.