Poll: Are you ok with Saudi Arabia giving money to U.S. presidential candidates?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Clinton Received $100 Million from Saudi Arabia and Gulf States

Image: Saudi Arabia and other arabic states have consistently supplied Hillary Clinton with millions of dollars in return for arms and policy control.

A Daily Caller News Foundation investigation reveals that Bill and Hillary Clinton received at least $100 million from autocratic Gulf states and their leaders, potentially undermining Democratic presidential candidate Hillary’s claim she can carry out independent Middle East policies.

As a presidential candidate, the amount of foreign cash the Clintons have amassed from the Persian Gulf states is “simply unprecedented,” says national security analyst Patrick Poole. “These regimes are buying access. You’ve got the Saudis. You’ve got the Kuwaitis, Oman, Qatar and the UAE. There are massive conflicts of interest. It’s beyond comprehension,” Poole told The DCNF in an interview.

As secretary of state, Hillary Clinton made weapons transfer to the Saudi government a “top priority,” according to her closest military aide.

Sources:
    https://theintercept.com/2016/02/22/...stmas-present/
    http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/...-countries-go/
    http://www.citizenop.com/news/2016/0...-saudi-arabia/
    http://conservativepost.com/united-a...ident-in-2016/
    http://dailycaller.com/2016/05/11/ex...y-100-million/
    http://www.wallstreetshill.com/hilla...-saudi-arabia/
    http://www.wsj.com/articles/clinton-...ons-1424302856

You think the republicans aren't funneling as much money into their candidates as they can? The Koch brothers are going to raise an estimated $889 million dollars for the 2016 election cycle. And last I checked, Saudia Arabia, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, and the UAE are all allies. It's not uncommon for the US to transfer old weaponry to allies. And do you honestly think any other secretary of state hasn't made money doing these things?

What's the point of the poll? I highly doubt anyone here is a fan no matter who gets that sort of money.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by talwynn View Post
    You think the republicans aren't funneling as much money into their candidates as they can? The Koch brothers are going to raise an estimated $889 million dollars for the 2016 election cycle. And last I checked, Saudia Arabia, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, and the UAE are all allies. It's not uncommon for the US to transfer old weaponry to allies. And do you honestly think any other secretary of state hasn't made money doing these things?
    Bernie Sanders isn't doing any of the above. H's a candidate just like she is and he hasn't received any money from Saudi Arabia.

So this argument that all candidates 'must' receive money from the Gulf is not really based in reality.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I am sure any moment now we will be informed how this is really a super duper liberal thing, and also did you know Trump?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

im more concerned they could be doing this so she will keep American oil production in its current rut and continue to buy from them

The Clinton Foundation*

This money has not gone to Hillary and Bill themselves, this thread title is misleading.

why is she getting money from the indians?

The usual kids who talk about how corporations are evil will turn a blind eye to this because if's Hillary getting money and that couldn't ever be corrupt or a sign of shady dealings.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The Clinton Foundation*

This money has not gone to Hillary and Bill themselves, this thread title is misleading.
    Since the Foundation exists basically to pay their bills, it is going to them yes. The well nigh slush fund status of the Global Initiative isn't exactly a secret.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    The usual kids who talk about how corporations are evil will turn a blind eye to this because if's Hillary getting money and that couldn't ever be corrupt or a sign of shady dealings.
    These are monarchies (in most instances) donating to the Clinton Foundation, which is a non-profit NGO.

Hillary getting major paychecks from speaking engagements at large corporations that she claims to be "tough" on and refusing to release the transcript of her speeches is an entirely separate issue.

Since the Foundation exists basically to pay their bills, it is going to them yes. The well nigh slush fund status of the Global Initiative isn't exactly a secret.
    Please site your source for this information. The foundation is a registered 501c organization, IIRC.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Conservative far-right sites seem to be the worst by far about making false and/or misleading claims like this.

First, the donations weren't to them, they were to the Clinton foundation, which puts the money towards schools, climate change, feeding the hungry, etc.

Second, the donation list is publicly listed on the foundation site, and none of the top donors are gulf states. And none were anywhere close to $100 Million, even the top donor Bill Gates wasn't close to that. The foundation has over 300,000 donors, so just about everyone is on that list.

"Do the Clintons receive any income or personal expense reimbursement" from the Foundation?

No. President Clinton and Chelsea Clinton, who serve on the Board of Directors, do not take a salary from the Clinton Foundation and receive no funding from it. Secretary Clinton did not take a salary when she served on the Board of Directors."

The amount of time some conservative sites spend trying to stretch or outright lie to make their opponents look bad is really wacky.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clinton_Foundation

Through 2014 the foundation had raised almost $2 billion from U.S. corporations especially Wall Street; foreign governments and corporations; political donors; and various other moneyed interests.[3] During its lifetime the foundation has received praise from philanthropic experts and has had support from both Democrats and Republicans, with the latter including members of the George W. Bush administration.[3] Charitable grants are not a major focus of the Clinton Foundation, which instead keeps most of its money in house and hires staff to carry out its own humanitarian programs.[6] Because of this unusual structure for a foundation, Charity Navigator, a charity watchdog, has said it does not have a methodology to rate the Clinton Foundation.[6] Consequently, they added the foundation to their charity "watch list" in April 2015; it was removed from the "watch list" in December 2015 after the charity posted amended tax returns and a public memo on its website.[7] A different charity monitor, the American Institute of Philanthropy, says that 89 percent of the foundation's money goes toward its charitable mission and gave the foundation an A rating for 2013.[1]
    You people are really grasping at straws at this point. Why don't you move on to criticizing candidates' actual policies, rather than picking up on stuff that not only has little to do with their presidential programs, but is also simply wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

yeah, this is an old story

the idea that the Clinton Foundation has been engaged in some sort of electioneering malfeasance in the united states (or the the clintons personally took money from it) has been an ongoing conservative conspiracy for a number of years. Nobody has ever been able to find any actual wrongdoing.

But none of these countries are enemies. There seems to be this idea that everything middle eastern except Israel is our enemy, but that's just not true. They're also donating to the Clinton Foundation, not to her political campaign.

and trump was bailed out by a saudi prince...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0010e80e99806

not once, but twice....and he got more then a few hundy

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    They're also donating to the Clinton Foundation, not to her political campaign.
    lolllll

Yeah, and I bet you believe the Clinton foundation donations don't buy any influence, right? Progressives gonna progressive.

The shit the Clintons are into dwarf any problems Trump has. This is a fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Not sure this word "fact" means what you think it means.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

lolllll

Yeah, and I bet you believe the Clinton foundation donations don't buy any influence, right? Progressives gonna progressive.

Would it make any difference if it was Belgium or Italy or Norway that made the donations?

and trump was bailed out by a saudi prince...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0010e80e99806

not once, but twice....and he got more then a few hundy
    This is beautiful.

They may, but you'd have to establish a link between the donations and the result of said influence. Otherwise it's an unsubstantiated claim.

If you're going to blanket, "All donations give influence and they're bad!" then every politician is certifiably corrupt, as almost everyone has received large donations directly or indirectly.

Such as...?

The money goes to the Clinton foundation, which is dedicated to charity. Now if you are accusing Hillary for tapping into that foundation for other purposes, then there's your big conspiracy story. But that's as far as it gets unless they are proof is provided.

The monarchies of Saudi Arabia, Morocco and Oman have contributed to the Clinton Foundation, but Yemen, which does not have a king, has not.
    From one of the OPs sources, assuming the others are stating the same. Only trace known so far is to the foundation, not to her. Poll is misleading.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.