Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    Right, so you excuse your lack of manners under the guise of that others could not care about what you say.

Well done, you are excusing the fact of acting like shit.

Not that it has empirical evidence in Psychology, fact is, the opposite has been proven - But yeah, you wish to be foulmouthed and excuse the idea of being a shit.
    There is no ultimate rules about what is offensive and what is not. People get offended by so ridiculous stuff. Therefor, the good way to go is to not get offended by things that don't matter. And someone disagreeing with you on the forums doesn't matter. The way it is worded matters even less.

People need to be able to express themselves freely. If you don't like the way someone is expressing themselves you have full right to stop experiencing their expression by blocking them or whatever (yup, even on this forum you can block posters and not see what they write unless they are quoted).

Freedom > Control

If you go the other way around you get totalitarism and we all know where that leads to. People's need to be free is greater than everything. If you try to overcontrol certain part of the internet, people will go elsewhere.

Btw, you did some nice projection here claiming how I wish to insult people only because I disagree with unnecessary speech control. Saying that someone's words are stupid is not an insult.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    I disagree on that, because that's not breaking my standards. I haven't attacked anyone here personally, I have only criticized the social behavior of a certain type of people here as "weak", although I admit, I was not specific enough in my statement. If people feel they belong to this group, that's up to them. I'm not saying the they wouldn't dare saying shit to people face to face, because they are afraid of getting their teeth knocked out, but there is something in their heads that tell them that "I shouldn't say this" because their parents taught them some basic decency. And they obviously think, or don't care, that these rules don't apply to communication over the internet. At any rate, I haven't told anyone here to go fuck themselves or kill themselves, or that they are generally stupid.
    You hit the nail on the head man.
    Sadly decency is something that is often lacking in the internet forums.
    There will always be people who would like this to be controlled (mostly people who doesn't go around offending people)
    and people who says it's against freedom of speech (people who tend to offend people in forums)

Deleted
    Insults do not rationally add to a subject.

If rationality was the criterium you could delete 95% of the posts made in any forum.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    There is no ultimate rules about what is offensive and what is not. People get offended by so ridiculous stuff. Therefor, the good way to go is to not get offended by things that don't matter. And someone disagreeing with you on the forums doesn't matter. The way it is worded matters even less.

People need to be able to express themselves freely. If you don't like the way someone is expressing themselves you have full right to stop experiencing their expression by blocking them or whatever (yup, even on this forum you can block posters and not see what they write unless they are quoted).

Freedom > Control

If you go the other way around you get totalitarism and we all know where that leads to. People's need to be free is greater than everything. If you try to overcontrol certain part of the internet, people will go elsewhere.

Btw, you did some nice projection here claiming how I wish to insult people only because I disagree with unnecessary speech control. Saying that someone's words are stupid is not an insult.
    It took you about 1 sentance to contradict yourself.

"There is no ultimate rules about what is offensive and what is not." "People get offended by so ridiculous stuff. Therefor, the good way to go is to not get offended by things that don't matter"

Trying to establish a rule.

You can express yourself freely in a respectful way, you feeling the need to excuse bad manners, has no rational ground.

Attacking the person instead of the argument, is a way to excuse bad behavior.
    Which, surprise surprise, the entire thread is about trying to get the mods to infract people who attack what a person posts when it's clearly not attacking the person.

You may not take what they say seriously, but i don't see how that qualifies to you having a need to being rude.

It's like you don't grasp the concept of acting like a normal, well-functioning being.
    It's like you don't grasp the rules and regulations of this site, being rude isn't infractable by itself, but feel free to dehumanize others for doing what you are as well. Like I pointed out earlier, irony at its finest.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    If rationality was the criterium you could delete 95% of the posts made in any forum.
    Feel free to try and prove that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Which, surprise surprise, the entire thread is about trying to get the mods to infract people who attack what a person posts when it's clearly not attacking the person.

It's like you don't grasp the rules and regulations of this site, being rude isn't infractable by itself, but feel free to dehumanize others for doing what you are as well. Like I pointed out earlier, irony at its finest.
    Which is why it's in Suggestions.

You can express yourself freely in a respectful way, you feeling the need to excuse bad manners, has no rational ground.
    In the meantime, you insult people for being toxic, that's being respectful and not excusing bad manners, eh?

- - - Updated - - -

Which is why it's in Suggestions.
    And also self-defeating.

- - - Updated - - -

From what i have seen, Jaylock and friends actually post in a more wellmannered ways, compared to a lot of the Rabid flaming people, and there is a number of people who have far worse threads.

Which, still, puts to fact that even they, can behave. No matter your conviction of "Who", they are.
    That's because you have still yet to learn how to detect passive aggression. Which is even more toxic than direct and active aggression.

But it's okay, you are forgiven for that, as well as being so "polite" as to blanket label others as "rabid flaming people".
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

15+ Year Old Account
    Your inability to provide arguments in the face of acting like shit, other than "It doesn't matter" and "No, we're not at fault for being toxic" - shows your clear deffect in that of acting like an ass.
    Ever heard about burden of proof fallacy? Because you are doing it now. Google it please before continuing any discussion because you are doing it wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

"There is no ultimate rules about what is offensive and what is not." "People get offended by so ridiculous stuff. Therefor, the good way to go is to not get offended by things that don't matter"

Trying to establish a rule.

1) You don't understand how logic works
    2) You are strawmanning so hard right now

Deleted
    Feel free to try and prove that.
    Simple: What's rational depends on your goal.

If you goal is to keep up with wow most of it is useless as it's mostly just repetition of the same posts and suggestions that never will happen or even offtopic like this thread. If you change the goal to entertainment, then of course it all serves your goal and is rational to pursue, in this case however the flamers are as rational as any other poster.
    Last edited by mmoc1be018301a; 2016-06-08 at 12:26 PM.

Deleted
    But it's also about context. I mean person says "all red cars are yellow" saying "that's retarded stop shitposting" is definitely more acceptable response than
    for example if person says he is depressed and then someone says "it's retarded being depressed, just be happy" that is for example so unnecessary and delete worthy comment.

I hope you guys will enjoy the freedom that allows you to crush peoples comments that you disagree with.
    Sadly it really reflects what kind of people you truly are when your second personality kicks in and starts commenting cruel stuff with no morals.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moomepeke View Post
    But it's also about context. I mean person says "all red cars are yellow" saying "that's retarded stop shitposting" is definitely more acceptable response than
    for example if person says he is depressed and then someone says "it's retarded being depressed, just be happy" that is for example so unnecessary and delete worthy comment.

I hope you guys will enjoy the freedom that allows you to crush peoples comments that you disagree with.
    Sadly it really reflects what kind of people you truly are when your second personality kicks in and starts commenting cruel stuff with no morals.
    Do you want to know why freedom to say stuff is so important? Because this way you show what kind of person you are and people can chose to interact with your or not. If someone's acts like a troll people will stop taking them seriously. Stopping words doesn't solve any problems and only creates more. Lack of freedom of expression is unhealthy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    Do you want to know why freedom to say stuff is so important? Because this way you show what kind of person you are and people can chose to interact with your or not. If someone's acts like a troll people will stop taking them seriously. Stopping words doesn't solve any problems and only creates more. Lack of freedom of expression is unhealthy.
    Okay you are right. I was just viewing this issue from different angle. Sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    As has been explained before: attacking a claim, idea, argument or post content is generally fine. Attacking a user is not.

Posters need to learn to tell the difference between what is a criticism of the things they have said, and what is a personal attack. The mod team is not going to start punishing people for normal debate because users struggle to not take critiques of their claims personally.

I suggest that if one has trouble differentiating between attacks on statements and attacks on individuals that one should maybe avoid participating in debate.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |