Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by revize View Post
    As awesome as Bahamut was, no one knew wtf Alexander was and how it was even a threat although you raided him for months. - Alexander "lore", personal opinion of course, is shittier than any raid-tier in WoW. Bahamut will always be one of my favs tho.
    Pretty sure it was explained well that Alexander was essentially sucking the aether around it slowly killing life. I think during the cut scenes they should've shown some 'lifeless'/dead plants around where his feet first hit, would've made a nice addition.
    Outside of FFXIV and just Final Fantasy in general Alexander has been a holy aspect fortress.
    But yeah, honestly speaking for the entire raiding kind of scenario lore/story, Bahamut is extremely hard to beat personally speaking.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2016-10-17 at 04:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Pretty sure it was explained well that Alexander was essentially sucking the aether around it slowly killing life. I think during the cut scenes they should've shown some 'lifeless'/dead plants around where his feet first hit, would've made a nice addition.
    Outside of FFXIV and just Final Fantasy in general Alexander has been a holy aspect fortress.
    But yeah, honestly speaking for the entire raiding kind of scenario lore/story, Bahamut is extremely hard to beat personally speaking.
    Would have definitely helped if Hinterlands had some sort of phasing tech that showed the zone slowly dying!
    I get Alex was taking it less serious than Coil w/ goofy goblins. - But I felt that's where the Hildy storyline fit in.

But my God, the music and sound effects of Bahamut's Gigaflare?!
    Nothing in my years of WoW-raiding has matched to that boss ability's epicness. Even A8S winged Justice was pretty damn cool.
    Got burned out after that... so idk how the current tier is. But once my static got their gear, things felt pretty stale. (+Legion)

Like my static would do each Ex Primal 10x+ to get everyone and their offspec weapons. Then be done w/ it for good.

One thing (I've heard) SWTOR does best is have monthly (?) mini-content releases.
    I wish both FFXIV and WoW would have little drips of story every month or two. And both games definitely have good enough story lines to support this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by revize View Post
    Would have definitely helped if Hinterlands had some sort of phasing tech that showed the zone slowly dying!
    I get Alex was taking it less serious than Coil w/ goofy goblins. - But I felt that's where the Hildy storyline fit in.

But my God, the music and sound effects of Bahamut's Gigaflare?!
    Nothing in my years of WoW-raiding has matched to that boss ability's epicness. Even A8S winged Justice was pretty damn cool.
    Got burned out after that... so idk how the current tier is. But once my static got their gear, things felt pretty stale. (+Legion)

Like my static would do each Ex Primal 10x+ to get everyone and their offspec weapons. Then be done w/ it for good.

One thing (I've heard) SWTOR does best is have monthly (?) mini-content releases.
    I wish both FFXIV and WoW would have little drips of story every month or two. And both games definitely have good enough story lines to support this.
    Concept wise A12 is very cool, not hard per se, but just cool. "Time stopping" and having sequences play through that happens during the time stop and you react to it before the time stop and after the time stop. It's not hard, but different and interesting from a concept point of view.

I don't know about SWTOR, but PSO2 is great at that. In two days we're getting another story update for Episode 4. Last story patch was two weeks ago. Sure they're short in terms of completion per story patch but not having to wait 3-4 months for another patch and the random events are a nice add. Not to mention that some of these patches add new stuff to the game play. This week's patch is going to add a new Ultimate Quest along with 3 pet upgrades to that also change some move sets and me being a Summoner is both dreading and looking forward to grinding out the Rarity 13 eggs, if I have to, not sure if I do. Masochism in a sense. Last patch two weeks ago gave new Photon Art (weapon skills) and Technique (spells) customization changing up what they do and such if you so wish to use em.
    Also LOTS OF COSTUMES, MUST BUY (with in game currency, other people can go pay for it ).
    Last edited by Remilia; 2016-10-17 at 06:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the release of Legion as of last released World of Warcraft has 10.1 million subscribers. Final Fantasy is wonderful and is sure a great game but isn't what World of Warcraft is or probably ever will be.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

I just resubbed to FF14, actually. Gonna have to situate myself and maybe see if someone still does the old raids just to experience them. Quit a bit before Ninja patch hit, so it's been about 2 years. 2nd Coil was out then, but I didn't have a raid group working on it, and fuck attempting something as complex as Turn7 with a pug.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    World of Warcraft subscriptions are at an all-time low, as a great many players no longer "pay to play" - the WoW Token takes care of their subscriptions, something that artificially inflates how many subscribers it actually has.
    I just want to nit-pick this statement a bit.

WoW Token is a subscription so there is no inflation of numbers there.
    The scummy part about it is that you have Blizzard's legalized RMT in essence subsidizing those subscriptions.

The gold selling market has been legitimized and brought into the game and that market is in turn paying for those subscriptions.

Other than that, carry on :P
    I've no idea if FFXIV has more subs than WoW, but it's plausible (unlikely imho)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LordDralnu View Post
    With the release of Legion as of last released World of Warcraft has 10.1 million subscribers.
    No it hasn't.

http://massivelyop.com/2016/10/04/bl...n-subscribers/

Very unlikely but I see players in FF14 all the time and I am always doing something. I don't really care about it's sub numbers as long as it's healthy enough to keep the game going which it seems to be.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-10-17 at 12:35 PM.

FFXIV has around 500k active characters if you look at the last census done in August. Meaning it has even less subs than that.
    Last edited by Lillpapps; 2016-10-17 at 12:34 PM.

of course not, its not even close to Legion subs

but its #2 on the sub MMO market which is pretty good

they are correcting the journal, saying that "he never said that"

they arent saying "we dont have 10m subs"

they may very well have them given the highest concurrent since Cata + Legion hype .. just not divulging

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    They are probably not below that since Legion just came out.
    Holy necro-thread, Batman!

But, no, I wouldn't think so. Legion has been (in my opinion, of course) an almost unparalleled success.

Deleted
    Why does it matter to have a world wide number of subscribers. I dont care about all the asian players which are currently 95% of all subscribers in WoW. For me as a player its more important to know how many players in your region are playing WoW.

The Servers in Final Fantasy are full. This is enough for me to play it (sometimes).
    Last edited by mmoc33efe4d836; 2016-10-20 at 02:41 PM.