Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

As an American I have questions for Australians.

Hey there Aussies, I have 2 questions for you so please answer.

1. What is the most stupid thing an American tourist has ever asked you?
    2. Has an American ask you what a bloomin' onion is?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnantinos View Post
    Hey there Aussies, I have 2 questions for you so please answer.

1. What is the most stupid thing an American tourist has ever asked you?
    2. Has an American ask you what a bloomin' onion is?
    1. If I actually rode a kangaroo to school, and if there was really drop bears.
    2. Nope.

Aussies don't know what Bloomin' Onions are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Almost every American I met while in America thought I was British too. The accents are different guys.

Outback steak house is a lie!

Quote Originally Posted by Metuere View Post
    Almost every American I met while in America thought I was British too. The accents are different guys.
    My friend from Melbourne insists that all people from Melbourne sound British.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    They do a little bit, but it's still distinguishable.

So I have another question on a more serious note. Are all Australians positive minded or can they be a bit of a stick in the mud?

10+ Year Old Account
    So I have another question on a more serious note. Are all Australians positive minded or can they be a bit of a stick in the mud?
    Bit of both sides really. I mean with people I know more so on the positive side of things, since we pretty much just make jokes about anything. But with tourists almost all of us will play jokes on you about stuff over here, even if we don't really know what it is the person starting the joke is talking about, it's pretty much part of our culture to see if we can make tourist believe the dumbest things about the country.

To Australians, what's it like living with the sky above you? Do you ever feel like you will just fall downwards and never come back? At the very least, it must be annoying to have to flip your photos and videos 180 degrees before showing them to us right side up countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    To Australians, what's it like living with the sky above you? Do you ever feel like you will just fall downwards and never come back? At the very least, it must be annoying to have to flip your photos and videos 180 degrees before showing them to us right side up countries.
    The density of the vegemite we eat keeps us on the ground.

Bit of both sides really. I mean with people I know more so on the positive side of things, since we pretty much just make jokes about anything. But with tourists almost all of us will play jokes on you about stuff over here, even if we don't really know what it is the person starting the joke is talking about, it's pretty much part of our culture to see if we can make tourist believe the dumbest things about the country.
    Really? It always seemed that whenever I play with Australian I always burst out laughing for an hour, and now I know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? It always seemed that whenever I play with Australian I always burst out laughing for an hour, and now I know.
    Well I mean I could just be pulling your leg about that too, you never know. That's the beauty of it all.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. I was the Australian tourist visiting GA, but I was asked, "Why can't you fish in the Great Barrier Reef?"
    2. I don't know what a bloomin' onion is.

Well I mean I could just be pulling your leg about that too, you never know. That's the beauty of it all.
    Well crocky mate lol!

I was told I couldn't cuddle koalas and then I found out that it's a feature at zoos in Australia. The trust was never the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was told I couldn't cuddle koalas and then I found out that it's a feature at zoos in Australia. The trust was never the same.
    Don't cuddle them after 8pm.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm from Melbourne, the only British sounding person I know here is actually British.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    1. I was the Australian tourist visiting GA, but I was asked, "Why can't you fish in the Great Barrier Reef?"
    2. I don't know what a bloomin' onion is.
    My experience in California was definitely an odd one.

1. Got asked if Drop Bears were real (They are, it's very risky during mating season to even go for a walk alone).
    2. Never had anyone ask me what a bloomin onion is, but I know what they are, despite never having had one.