Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Says the guy with a Minion for an avatar.
    Relevant how?

Deleted
    All the kids with pumped up kicks.

Why has nobody done it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Believe it or not, but the performers aren't handed a script.

My roommates run a sideshow. They are often asked if they would do one of these shows. Their response is no. This is because friends of ours in another side show troop were on one of these shows, and were basically mocked and flamed for their performance. They didn't know that they were going to be mocked and such, else they wouldn't had done the show. It hurt their ability to book shows and really hurt them emotionally.
    They receive thousands maybe even hundreds of thousands of applications.
    First you have several selection rounds behind closed doors.
    You get an application form, need to write down your life story, most memorable childhood moment, etc.

The ones you see on TV got trough all the pre-tv rounds.
    Thats why you sometimes see horrible singers that get flamed beyond redemption being totally shocked.
    They werent told that all the rounds in front of the other judges.

This man obviously didnt pass all the other rounds before getting on tv based on his singing skills. They let him trough because it would be good material to get hype going.

I hope I've got that much go in me at 82.

The guy has certainly lived his life to the fullest. Aerospace engineeer and Navy pilot. I bet he has some stories to bore his grandkids with lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    They receive thousands maybe even hundreds of thousands of applications.
    First you have several selection rounds behind closed doors.
    You get an application form, need to write down your life story, most memorable childhood moment, etc.

The ones you see on TV got trough all the pre-tv rounds.
    Thats why you sometimes see horrible singers that get flamed beyond redemption being totally shocked.
    They werent told that all the rounds in front of the other judges.

This man obviously didnt pass all the other rounds before getting on tv based on his singing skills. They let him trough because it would be good material to get hype going.
    I'm not exactly following what you are pointing out. Not sure how that responds to the performers not being scripted. The judges and such definitely are. But the performers are up there trying to do their act as best as they can.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

This one had me rolling....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I'm not exactly following what you are pointing out. Not sure how that responds to the performers not being scripted. The judges and such definitely are. But the performers are up there trying to do their act as best as they can.
    The fact that hes even standing there at this point in the show is scripted.

Besides that, All live shows get rehersed so everything is scripted. If the story aint touchy enough, theyll add some lines, etc.
    Thats how tv, even "live" works.
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2016-06-08 at 06:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This popped up recently. Talented and Adorable young girl killing it.

https://www.facebook.com/nbcagt/vide...0/?pnref=story

- - - Updated - - -

You ever seen someone choke on screen? Slipping? Etc?
    All live shows get rehersed so everything is scripted. If the story aint touchy, theyll add some lines, etc.
    Thats how tv, even "live" works.
    Oh! Ok. Yeah I get that. There is prep and rehearsal.

I was lucky enough to perform on TV once (it was local access). And there was quite a bit of prep. But we weren't exactly told anything along the lines of, "When I ask you X question, you have to respond X way"

When I think scripted, I think more literally. As in, the performers are given a script to memorize as if they are just actors.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

lol, that's awesome, nothing beast the swedish idols though, so much talent.

"sings" is being pretty generous.

Best act of the night was the nearly deaf comedian from Canada.

Scripted shit to get hype going. With even more scripted audience responses.
    And look, it worked. It even got an mmo-champ thread.
    You are confusing scripted with edited. They can edit out the chokes and falls and edit in audience reactions that weren't for the act actually on stage.

Well he inspired me to listen to the song again after probably a decade of hearing it last. Thanks gramps, keep bagin'. !..!