7+ Year Old Account

Alchemy specializations in Legion

Do you know if the alch specializations are returning in Legion?

It's not a combat perk, so hard to justify not having them imo.

They are not, as of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Caligs View Post
    Do you know if the alch specializations are returning in Legion?

It's not a combat perk, so hard to justify not having them imo.
    The patch notes on Legion beta from 5/19 reference potion and elixir specializations. There's no mention of transmute specialization. I haven't yet seen any evidence of alchemy specializations in beta - no quest to get them; no indication that they exist. Here's the quote from the patch notes:

Alchemy
    Elixir Master Allows an alchemist to sometimes create an additional elixir when brewing high level elixirs. Alchemy. Instant. certain elixirs. Alchemy. Instant.
    Potion Master Allows an alchemist to sometimes create an additional potion when brewing high level potions. Alchemy. Instant. certain potions. Alchemy. Instant.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saravat View Post
    The patch notes on Legion beta from 5/19 reference potion and elixir specializations. There's no mention of transmute specialization. I haven't yet seen any evidence of alchemy specializations in beta - no quest to get them; no indication that they exist. Here's the quote from the patch notes:

Alchemy
    Elixir Master Allows an alchemist to sometimes create an additional elixir when brewing high level elixirs. Alchemy. Instant. certain elixirs. Alchemy. Instant.
    Potion Master Allows an alchemist to sometimes create an additional potion when brewing high level potions. Alchemy. Instant. certain potions. Alchemy. Instant.
    I hope they bring this back, so I can make an alchem again
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    I hope they bring this back, so I can make an alchem again
    Update: If you reach a 3-star rank upon making a potion (for example) you have a chance to proc additional potions when crafting.

In other words, it looks like the old specializations may have been baked into simply increasing your skill rank (the starred ranks, not your skill points).

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saravat View Post
    Update: If you reach a 3-star rank upon making a potion (for example) you have a chance to proc additional potions when crafting.

In other words, it looks like the old specializations may have been baked into simply increasing your skill rank (the starred ranks, not your skill points).
    Ok yeap that sold me. Definitely going into the alchemy market
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Deleted
    Hello, does anyone tried if in Legion stays 2hour flasks or not ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deisak View Post
    Doesn't seem to be the case. But maybe it only works if you have high level alchemy.

Alchemy specializations are still in the game, but don't apply to Legion recipes just like they didn't to WoD recipes. The thing in the datamined changes was just a tooltip update changing the wording from "all" to "certain".

Quote Originally Posted by Deisak View Post
    Still in, as long as you know how to craft the flask yourself just like it has always been.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can any alchemists confirm that they still have 2 hour flasks on live (for flasks for which they have the recipe)?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have two hour flasks on my alchemist.

10+ Year Old Account
    What are the requirements to get 2 hour flasks for legion? I am alchemy with 1 hour flasks

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seraphbreak View Post
    What are the requirements to get 2 hour flasks for legion? I am alchemy with 1 hour flasks
    You have to know the recipe to make the flask to get the 2 hour duration, the same as it has always been.