Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Wait, the fucking company gets commission???? What if they seize your money, then you're found innocent, who pays that commission? What the fuck is this bullshit, this can't be legal. Shit better stay in Oklahoma, and the company they made this can go fuck themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    What if they seize your money, then you're found innocent, who pays that commission?
    On what basis do you presume you will ever be found innocent?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I don't even know where to begin on how messed up this is. They do know that a lot of people live day to day, or week to week on funds, right? That taking someone's money could leave them not simply broke, but unable to eat, or pay bills, or travel to a job, right?

This is ridiculous. Let's hope banks start making counter-measures against this ASAP.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    On what basis do you presume you will ever be found innocent?
    Better question, on what basis does one presume to be ever charged with anything?
    Last edited by Mayhem; 2016-06-09 at 08:59 AM. Reason: bases lol
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

That's it escalatingly fascist police state, keep pushing people. We both know the results of that.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Asset seizure prior to conviction is totally fucked. Flys in the face of "inno until proven guilty" doesnt it.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Ummmm you guys need to shut this shit down yesterday. State Troopers shouldn't have anything close to this amount of power, Courts yes, Troopers? Fuck no.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Ehem, it isn't stealing..
    Well it IS, but it also ISNT....JUSTICE!!!!
    READ and be less Ignorant.

There's not much point in criminalizing robbery if the police are fully capable of doing it themselves, with no need to provide any sort of evidence that you're tied to a crime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Asset seizure prior to conviction is totally fucked. Flys in the face of "inno until proven guilty" doesnt it.
    Agreed, and it's bullshit that the tech company gets a cut as well. As another poster pointed out, what happens if you're found innocent...who pays the fee? Is it refunded? I don't do illegal shit, but this will still keep me from every going to Oklahoma on the off chance that some neanderthal cop decides that I somehow look suspicious and decides to empty my bank account just because he can.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is going to blow up in their faces. Some govmint redneck with a gun will start blowing away cops the moment this happens too them.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    My state has the best policy for this. We're one of the only (maybe the only one?) states that has abolished civil forfeiture.

Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    Agreed, and it's bullshit that the tech company gets a cut as well. As another poster pointed out, what happens if you're found innocent...who pays the fee? Is it refunded? I don't do illegal shit, but this will still keep me from every going to Oklahoma on the off chance that some neanderthal cop decides that I somehow look suspicious and decides to empty my bank account just because he can.
    The goal for the manufacturer and of course the police state is to have these everywhere, that's why this is being done on a quasi test case basis in Oklahoma rather than in a major city/state. If they can establish enough positive precedent and get some quality lobbying on their behalf they can make it more widespread with more legal grounding and coverage or worst case scenario is it gets scooped up by NSA or another alphabet agency and falls into the black bag of tricks they use against us and never admit to except in closed committee meetings.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    My state has the best policy for this. We're one of the only (maybe the only one?) states that has abolished civil forfeiture.
    Yeah but to be fair, Donald Trump told me that you guys are overrun by Mexican rapist and murderers. Also some Mexicans who, he assumes, are good people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    The goal for the manufacturer and of course the police state is to have these everywhere, that's why this is being done on a quasi test case basis in Oklahoma rather than in a major city/state. If they can establish enough positive precedent and get some quality lobbying on their behalf they can make it more widespread with more legal grounding and coverage or worst case scenario is it gets scooped up by NSA or another alphabet agency and falls into the black bag of tricks they use against us and never admit to except in closed committee meetings.
    Well that's a sobering and terrifying idea. Let's hope there's enough backlash so that it doesn't get out of Oklahoma.

That does it, i'm opening up a company that makes cheaper versions of these but take a higher % commission.

Seriously though, i'm at a loss for words on how fucking wrong this is. Are civilians nothing more than a host for all the damn parasitic politicians and the federal agencies?

Due process ...innocent until proven in a court of law...etc. ?
    Oh, did we get rid of that one?

Now with your bank/money accounts and guns as well (CA anyway taking/wanting to take guns away without due process).

Cool, can't pay a lawyer to defend yourself(account is seized) having to rely on a public defender ...lol.
    That will make this much easier for the state!
    Hurrah for cost cutting!

Best bit is the company who makes it gets a cut.
    Yup, Govt is here to serve you !

Deleted
    See, I said several times USA is turning into a police state... now they can seize your money without judge. What's more to say?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    If such a thing happens I will open a bank account outside of the US. The BANK lobby might actually be the good guys for once.

Authoritarianism at its finest...

This is why people do not trust law enforcement.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Wait until criminals get a hold of one of these devices.
    Well, that'd be when the cops get them, then, because civil forfeiture is clearly a crime. Or it would be, under an actually sensible legal system.