Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Apparently the special edition is separate to the base game, this means we'll likely loose a lot of mods as many mod authors won't bother converting their old mods to the new version of Skyrim.

Looks nice, and with mod support too. Can't wait for my cinematic 24 fps.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Keen as fuck, I often replay through Skyrim once a year or so and get sick of having to redownload or fix out of date graphical mods since they tend to break so much more than others.

Also the fact I have it on Steam and it is a free upgrade is just icing on the cake. Awww yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Free upgarde yes.

Point is, will all my mods be still working with the new special edition?

I cannot see mod makers getting their hands on old mods for an old game that gets broken just for a graphics update.
    Most mods will still require SKSE, so any compatibility questions are moot till it comes out. However, 64 bit support and DX11 should make multiple mod installations more stable, provided they get updated in first place. Bethesda should really run open beta on PC, it would really help any launch clusterfucks which are guaranteed to happen (people will install old mods and bitch when everything goes to hell, entitlement is huge in community).