Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Classic: Shadowfang keep (original), Scarlet Monastery (original), Sunken temple, Deadmines, Zul'Farrak.
    TBC: All of the HFC dungeons.
    WOTLK: All of them except the Violet Hold.
    Cataclysm: Stonecore, Lost city of the Tol'vir.
    MoP: Gate of the Setting Sun I suppose. Hated the monkey disco one.
    WoD: None.

Deleted
    I think I can give a favourite for each expansion.

Classic: Wailing Caverns. I loved exploring them (Yes, admittedly because I got lost) and the haunting music just captured me. I still explore them frequently today. I'd love to have an rp event in there someday.
    TBC: I wasn't too fussed about any of the TBC dungeons, honestly. Perhaps one of the CoT ones, like the Escape? Just for the awesomeness that is Old Hillsbrad. (Yes, I know using it to visit old Southshore on live is clinging onto the past. No, I don't care.)
    Wrath: This is a really hard choice. I'll go with Halls of Reflection, because of the utter terror of somebody in the group dying and the Lich King catching up quickly.
    Cataclysm: Well of Eternity. I love me some Night Elf lore.
    Mists: Not too sure. Maybe Stormstout Brewery? I loved the goofy storyline.
    Warlords: Shadowmoon Burial Grounds. 2 spoopy 4 me. I loved the boss mechanics.

There are actually very few dungeons I DON'T like in World of Warcraft. Stormstout Brewery and The Oculus come to mind.

It's tough picking just one. By expansion, it'd be...

Classic - Lower Blackrock Spire
    TBC - The Mechanar
    WoTLK - Halls of Reflection
    Cata - Halls of Origination
    MoP - Siege of Niuzao Temple
    WoD - Shadowmoon Burial Grounds

Deleted
    For me it's

Classic - Maraudon
    TBC - Magister's Terrace
    WotLK - Ahn'kahet: The Old Kingdom
    Cata - Throne of the Tides
    MoP - Mogu'shan Palace
    WoD - Shadowmoon Burial Grounds

As for all time favourite, I'm going to say Ahn'kahet. Nerubian aesthetics are really beautiful, I'm still sad about that scrapped Azjol-Nerub zone.

It's really hard for me to choose a favorite :x but if I had to (by expansion)
    Classic - Scholomance
    TBC - Sethekk Halls
    WotLK - Ahn'kahet: The Old Kingdom
    Cata - Stonecore
    MoP - Temple of the Jade Serpent
    WoD - Skyreach

Deleted
    Classic - Old Scholo
    TBC - Shadow Labs/Mechanar
    Wotlk - TOC
    Cata - hc only Deadmines/ZA
    Mop - Mogushan Palace
    WOD - Skyreach

If I have to pick one, it would be 5 man ZA.

Design wise and lore wise - most of the classic and tbc dungeons. Some of them were long, boring, but fuck were they great. Things like the blackrock spire, dire maul (all hail the ogre king), blackrock depths, gnomereggan, stratholme, sholomance.. Every time there was an epic journey. Up to a point where it became a stupid boring grind that you hated. But still.

From the newer dungeons - I'd say I loved the ones that were different. The cavers of times with going back in time and paricipating in all that lore action was cool.
    The Occulus with the flying inside the dungeon was sometimes cool, and sometimes you just wanted to gouge your eyes out, but still different.

Scholo and SM Cath in their original form stick out in my mind as far as classic dungeons, Strat and BRD would be others at the top of my list. I enjoyed Slabs and Durn/BM in BC. CoS was easily my favorite to run in Wrath, along with the three ICC 5-mans. I don't remember much of the Cata dungeons, VC was fun for awhile, Stonecore was ok. Didn't play until late SoO in MoP, don't think I ran any 5-mans. SmB was was a lot of fun in WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla: BRD
    TBC: Hillsbrad Foothills
    Wrath: Utgarde Pinnacle
    Cataclysm: Well of Eternity
    MoP: Scholomance
    WoD: Shadowmoon Burial Grounds
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by toolsv View Post
    That one from Cata that starts off with everyone dying to ignoring the first boss' one shot mechanic.
    I, er.... isn't that *most* of them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

7+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla : Man, this is tough, cause I thought a lot of the dungeons were simply amazing. But, choosing one... Zul'Farrak.
    BC : A toss up between Shattered Halls and Shadow Labyrinth with honorable mention of Magister's Terrace. Choosing one : Shattered Halls.
    Wrath : Didn't think any of them were all that good compared to what we saw in vanilla/BC. Choosing one : Ahn'kahet: The Old Kingdom.
    Cata : A lot of good challenging content to choose from. Really loved all the dungeons in Cata pre-nerf. Choosing one : Grim Batol.
    MoP : Wasn't overly impressed with any of the dungeons in MoP. Mogu'shan Palace was a decent instance I guess.
    WoD : Hmmm, I liked several of the dungeons here. Toss up between Upper Blackrock Spire and Shadowmoon Burial Grounds. Choosing one : Shadowmoon Burial Grounds.

Launch and 4.1 cata dungeons were hands down my favorite. Everything from MoP and WoD on cmode was a close second. I think the bottom line is that I just enjoy hard dungeons. Aesthetics and lore are irrelevant to me.

TBC was the sweet spot. The bosses began to get complicated but the 5 mans were still difficult. Slabs, botanica, and arcatraz were the best. Grim batol from cataclysm was also pretty good before everyone whined and they nerfed it.

- - - Updated - - -

the thing about UBRS and BRD that holds me back from picking them is that those places were more about being careful not to aggro adds. the bosses themselves were incredibly simple and straightforward.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Classic: Scholo, Strat UD, UBRS
    TBC: Mechanar, Magister's Terrace
    WotLK: Forge of Souls, Pit of Saron, Halls of Reflection
    Cata: ZA/ZG, Hour of Twilight
    MoP: Shado-Pan Monastery
    WoD: Iron Docks, Auchindoun

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Vanila: Gnomeregan --- it was quite fun and challage
    Tbc: The Black Morass --- i liked it, since it prevented people from afking all the time
    Wraith: The Nexus
    Cata: The Stonecore (because no1 likes that gnome)
    Mists: Gate of the Setting Sun
    Lollords: none
    Lol - I sometimes take Milhouse as a follower when I'm getting my garrison going, but he's always one of the first I dismiss once I switch to treasure hunters. I can never bring myself to trust him. I keep expecting Blizz to pull a prank and have him destroy my garrison while I'm away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    Classic: Scartlet monestary library& armory
    TBC: Shadowlabs and Shattered Halls
    WOTLK: Utgarde Pinnacle
    Cataclysm: Black rock caverns
    MoP: Mogu'shan Palace
    WoD: Iron docks i guess, i havent really done many dungeons this Xpac
    My favorite for WoD is Grimrail Depot. I know a lot of players hate it atm because obscured sight lines and AoE damage that's tricky to avoid, but I predict it will be the WoD instance we remember the longest. Certainly the most creative of the 5-mans from this expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by toolsv View Post
    That one from Cata that starts off with everyone dying to ignoring the first boss' one shot mechanic.

What I really like though are the Vanilla style big expansive dungeons with somewhat self-contained stories and multiple wings. I recognise that they don't work in a world where dungeons are run through dungeon finder and everyone just wants to smash them out as fast as possible, but they were a really good experience.
    That's the kind of stuff I like to solo now. Doesn't really matter if you out-level it. I try to time it so doing it solo is about the same difficulty as being in a party back in the day, but ultimately it's fun to just explore those old instances for lore and story-telling.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    The Nexus and Trial of the Champion, plus I always loved Uldaman a lot while leveling
    The nonsense mounting stuff at the start ruined ToC's 5 man.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Vanilla: Deadmines
    TBC: Magister's Terrace (Hillsbrad very close second)
    WoTLK: Halls of Reflection
    Cata: End Time
    MoP: Scarlet Monastery Dungeons (because there were no pandas)
    WoD: Grimrail Depot

All Time: Halls of Reflection, nothing quite compares to the memories I have of frantically smashing my keyboard while trying to escape the Lich King
    Last edited by Derpleton; 2016-06-10 at 04:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

So many people picking the ICC dungeons (when I know they weren't all that popular at the time) (heck, I still see people drop group when they see PoS during TW today!) makes me wonder... do we always remember most fondly the ones that challenged us the most back in the day?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"