Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    In honor of TW-Cataclysm week, let me just share what may be the best comment in the history of Wowhead:

"Ozruk will kill Deathwing.

I know this to be true. Ozruk kills everyone.

EVERYONE.

LFD has taught me this.

Deathwing will be like "I am Deathwing, Vanquisher of Life, Aspect of Death, Deliverer of Death's Dying..." and Ozruk will be all like Break yourselves upon my body and Deathwing will be all WHAT THE HELL? Who hit me? What was that? I just lost 80% of my HP!" and The Lich King will be all like "Dude, what? I was busy being dead... post-undead... dead-er... whatever, I was lying down and you start shouting..." and Ozruk is like Feel the strength of the earth! ands LK's all "HOLY CRAP, dude! Who is this guy?" And Deathwing's all "Quick, I'll get him facing me and you shoot your black sword beams!" and Illidan's all "Hey guys, can I help? Stabby stabby stabby! Black Temple was merely a setba-Break yourselves upon my body Aaaaaaw man, I'm dead again? Not cool, man! Not cool!" and Deathwing's all "You noob, you gotta run out when he does that" and Illidan's all "I did! I totally did!" and LK's all "No, you gotta keep DoTs on him" and suddenly Feel the strength of the earth! and LK's dead and "Oh no way, that's total BS I totally had DoTs on him" and Deathwing would be all "You guys suck-FEEEEEEEL the strength of DA EEEERF! "Oh goddammit I'm dead you all suck I'm done gg man gg" and all the bad guys would be dead and Azeroth would be paradise and one day Sargeras will return and be all like "I WILL CONSUME ALL THE WORLDS! I AM INVINCIBLE! I AM THE DARK TITAN!" and Ozruk will be all like

BREAK

YOURSELVES

UPON

MY BODY

And Sargeras will be like "I'm out".

Ozruk kills everyone. Fact."

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=42188/ozruk#comments

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Classic: Zul'Farrak has a lot of memories from when I first started. I started early wrath with no knowledge of everything and that dungeon was extremely fun for me. The scarlet monastery/other scarlet crusade dungeons are also amazing.

BC: I always loved the escape from durnholde because it had a lot of lore and we got to see thrall pre green Jesus era.

Wrath: Either the culling of strat or PoS. I always felt a sense of excitement when going into PoS.

Cata: Definitely hour of twilight/well of eternity. Well of Eternity was specifically my favorite.

MoP/WoD: Ehhh I didn't really like that many dungeons during either of these expacs but for MoP I'd say Gate of the Setting Sun and for WoD, Shadowmoon Burial grounds.

I started in BC and didn't quite hit cap before WotLK.

Vanilla: Definitely SM. I have super fond memories of dinging 40 their on my Mage and wanting to get my mount in the middle of a run, everyone told me to contain my excitement and finish the run!

BC: Probably Escape from Durnholde. Great instance! Lots of memories with friends there

WotLK: This one is so hard, there are so many instances I love with this expac. If I had to choose one, I'd say Utgarde Pinnacle. Hunter dinged 80 here, and also won the mount in HC c:

Cata: Cata's dungeons were kinda "meh" for me.. If I had to choose one though it'd most likely be Lost City of the Tol'Vir!

MoP: MoP's dungeons didn't really appeal to me so much, I don't have any favorites or one that I liked.

WoD: I didn't play enough WoD to get a favorite dungeon.

(EDIT: End Time HCs didn't come out in MoP lolol)

Claims it's his favorite instance, doesn't get the name right... Okay.

Anyways: BRD. That place truly feels like you are invading a city and is absolutely awesome.

Magisters Terrace and Forge of Souls hold special places in my mind.

I really love Blackrock Depths in classic as a whole. Shame it's been so broken up most people don't realize that is one single massive 5 mans with tons of options and paths. Of course it was a nightmare but the first few times you were in a group that cleared it.. pure magic.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Vanilla: Shadowfang Keep (original) ... it was the first Dungeon I ever did. Stratholme otherwise.
    BC: Magisters' Terrace ... but I hate doing it in timewalking
    WotLK: Culling of Stratholme
    Cata: Stonecore ... honestly it is surprising, but I remember some times having to Rogue Tank the 3rd boss and that was actually rather fun.
    MoP: Temple of the Jade Serpent
    WoD: Grimrail Depot ... honestly, it was mostly because it was cool to raid a train.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Vanilla: Probably BFD. Kind of a boring choice but I like the atmosphere.
    BC: Tough to say, probably the Arcatraz
    WotLK: Ahn'kahet
    Cata: The Stonecore
    MoP: I didn't know MoP had dungeons
    WoD: Never did any of them.

Deleted
    Culling of Stratholme or Shadowfang Keep... i can't decide :/

Original: Sunken Temple and Scholo forgot about SFK. (I also mean all the original versions here)
    BC: I hated most of them...Shattered Halls for its annoying difficulty of bring the class. Durnholdt?
    WotLK: Pinnacle always stands out, Zu'Drak, Violet Hold (don't know just enjoyed that place)
    Cata: Grim Batol and Halls of Origination
    MoP: None stand out to me, and I didn't run a lot of them, because I really didn't need to, just went mostly to raiding.
    WoD: Grimrail for the novelty, Shadowmoon and Auchindun for Ner'Zhul and Teron Gore

halls of lightning for me, I loved the atmosphere, the music was great, and all the lore for that dungeon was wonderful.

Sunken Temple, Blackrock, Dire Maul... all the old stuff that actually felt like a dungeon where learning the layout was part of the payoff, rather than the boss - hall - boss situations that players get presented with.

Outside of that design element, there have been some notable dungeons as far as pure vibe goes. Azjol Nerub, despite its short length, is probably one of the cooler dungeons in the game. Halls of Lightning and Vortex Pinnacle get honorable mentions here also.
    Last edited by melodramocracy; 2016-06-28 at 04:44 AM.

Deleted
    Vanilla: Sunken Temple
    TBC: Magister's Terrace
    WoTLK: Drak'tharon Keep
    Cata: ZG or Grim Batol (Honestly there was perhaps 1 or 2 bad/mediocre dungeons. Cata did dungeons justice until the nerfs)
    MoP: Shadowpan monastery (Shitty dungeons across the field. Shadowpan is just the least shitty of the shitty)
    WoD: Skyreach or Shadowmoon Burial Grounds.

Vanilla: Scarlet monastery - Cathedral
    TBC: Mechanar
    Wotlk: Trial of the crusader
    Cata: Zul'gurub
    MoP: I didn't like any of them. Perhaps temple of the jade serpeant, or whatever it's called, is slightly better.
    WoD: Shadowmoon burial grounds probably.

Definitely Black Rock Depths. It was fun while leveling. But even soloing it, there was so much to do. I spent a lot of time in there and Molten Core gathering up Dark Iron ore and smelting it in the special forge at the end of BRD, going to the Grim Guzzler and picking up rare patterns, building Dark Iron Plate, eventually building the Legendary Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros at the Dark Anvil.

It was the most fun I have had as a Blackmith and soloing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla: Blackfathom Deeps
    BC: Magister's Terrace or The Botanica in TK
    Wotlk: Violet Hold
    Cata: Well of Eternity
    MoP: Mogu'shan Palace
    WoD: The Everbloom

I think my favourite ever dungeon is so narrow that it is right down to a particular run of a dungeon.

The very first time doing heroic Deadmines in Cata.

It was just full of personality, cool mechanics, it felt like a story was progressing as you worked your way through the instance.

It was a bit of a pain when it came up when doing daily dungeons later on due to its length, but running it for the first time, with friends, was the best time I've ever had in a dungeon.

Scarlet Monastery has a special place in my heart. I played alliance in vanilla, and you had to group up and run to the dungeon together, going through Horde lands... The undead area felt dangerous, and it was such an event getting to the dungeon, then you had the pvp in the common area!! As a Rogue I ganked a lot of Horde there at the time. Of course all 4 wings were fantastic and challenging. It was that perfect time were you started to understand class and roll (better than before anyway) and the whole "storming the church" thing was really great.

The full UBRS/LBRS combo. A dungeon that feels huge and you are almost always aware of it, being able to see a vast part of the entire complex from certain spots.

Vanilla: Blackrock Depths
    BC: The Shattered Halls
    WotLK: Trial of the Champion
    Cata: Zul'gurub
    MoP: Scholomance
    WoD: Upper Blackrock Spire

Vanilla: Scarlet Monastery (That was a tough decision)
    BC: The Mechanar
    WoTLK: Halls of Origination
    Cata: ZG
    MoP:
    WoD: Grimrail Depot

I refuse to vote for any dungeon in MoP