Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    No, legit, it's full of sex bots and fake profiles. Must be my location.
    Would be far better off joining one of the hundreds of organizations and clubs going on. Columbus has been pretty active lately, and the people who would actually respond on Tinder are instead off with hiking groups or biking groups or what have you.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Lucky you. Online dating sucks.
    I do truly feel sympathy for most people dating now. Unless you're a freak of nature, online dating seems really terrible. I've watched friends go through the process, and even start reasonably successful relationships, but it just seems completely insane to me. Up or down votes based solely on a picture? Terrifying. What if it was a bad picture? What if they were your kind of person? Physical attraction is no doubt important but geez...

Girl friend who recently dated online, even through the "legit" services, saw maybe a dozen dudes, 10 of whom were nothing like their profile implied, 1 of whom she narrowly escaped being raped by, and 1 of whom she eventually dated a few months. Not the most impressive success rate.

Things were simpler when it was just "there's this person at school/work/wherever that I find attractive and enjoy being with. Let's date them."
    Last edited by Detritivores; 2016-06-09 at 11:25 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Never used it but this is dumb, since now underage kids will just sign up as adults surely? Also, laws are different in different countries, here if you're 16 you're fair game and legal.
    On the flip side, it'll stop perverts signing up as a 17 year old to get access to those kids

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Bumble is like 99% really hot girls because their algorithm sorts the most attractive people to the top of the pile
    I actually like Bumble more for this reason, it's easier to find the cute girls. The weird part is that the app was supposed to be made more for women by allowing them to initiate contact, yet it organizes them by attractiveness. You'd think an app aimed for women wouldn't do something like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    I actually like Bumble more for this reason, it's easier to find the cute girls. The weird part is that the app was supposed to be made more for women by allowing them to initiate contact, yet it organizes them by attractiveness. You'd think an app aimed for women wouldn't do something like that.
    Yeah, you'd think, but women seem to love it.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    it seems like a shit app since females tend to ignore males a lot if a male is not initiating conversation
    you're better off finding someone on trade chat
    Last edited by skannerz22; 2016-06-10 at 12:13 AM.
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    But I guess it somehow covers Tinders ass when parents want to sue them for what their child does

Which I'm honestly surprised hasn't made the news yet
    Yeah it's probably solely for this reason. Now if something happens to some kid, Tinder can say the kid committed fraud first and wasn't suppose to be using it. Will probably be a good lawsuit shield

Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    it seems like a shit app since females tend to ignore males a lot
    people should know by now the gay apps are where it's at. plenty of people to ignore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Detritivores View Post
    I do truly feel sympathy for most people dating now. Unless you're a freak of nature, online dating seems really terrible. I've watched friends go through the process, and even start reasonably successful relationships, but it just seems completely insane to me. Up or down votes based solely on a picture? Terrifying. What if it was a bad picture? What if they were your kind of person? Physical attraction is no doubt important but geez...
    People did implicit up or down votes based on appearance in person long before these apps became a thing. The swiping left or right, both in person and online, is only that first minimum bar of attractiveness you have to reach before you're willing to go on a date to actually get to know the person.

Also, these services allow you to post a bunch of pictures, so even if one is bad, it's ok.

Girl friend who recently dated online, even through the "legit" services, saw maybe a dozen dudes, 10 of whom were nothing like their profile implied, 1 of whom she narrowly escaped being raped by, and 1 of whom she eventually dated a few months. Not the most impressive success rate.
    Yet it still probably matches or beats the success rate of offline dating.

Things were simpler when it was just "there's this person at school/work/wherever that I find attractive and enjoy being with. Let's date them."
    You can still do that in addition to your online stuff. I certainly do.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Men compete for women. Women compete against other women. it's just the way it is.

Eh. it depends on the area. Most bots are easy to tell out the gate. I met 4 women in the 3 weeks I been using the app, and they're pretty cool. Well, two are. One is kinda clingy. The other one I can't get a read on her yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    it seems like a shit app since females tend to ignore males a lot if a male is not initiating conversation
    you're better off finding someone on trade chat
    That's the entire point of the app though, so women know that going in. It's kind of nice to be the pursued party, rather than the pursuer.