Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    hasnt this guy got more important things to be doing than spouting video games breeds killers etc, hell ive played every GTA game and you dnt see me running around the streets with a machine gun.
    Would you rather he open more threads about fat cheerleaders?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it is just a matter of time for people in whose childhood gaming was a mainstream activity to reach the political stage. Maybe a decade, maybe a bit more. When that happens, people saying that video games make people violent will be as much laughed at as people saying that cars are murder machines.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Yeah, great, super. Maybe in total hours some other rather silly metric.

Meanwhile, go poll a few thousand people on what they're more familiar with: "The Avengers" movies, or "World of Warcraft: Legion". Leonardo DiCaprio, or Gabe Newell. Ask if they're going to watch the Oscars this year, or...whatever video game awards even exist. (I don't even know) Ask them if they're going to binge watch the latest TV show they found, or if they're going to spend all weekend slaying internet dragons. Ask them their opinion of some professional sports figure versus some E-Sports player.

Yeah, no. It's easy to live in the internet bubble and think that this stuff is actually mainstream, but it's not. People still don't give a fuck, and even we tend to look at one another negatively for various reasons.
    Why are you picking a relatively niche video game? I'd wager most people have at least heard of something like Grand Theft Auto.

But as far as I'm aware, video games do have higher sales than movies at the moment. I could be wrong on that though but I'm too lazy to google it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Would you rather he open more threads about fat cheerleaders?
    yes cos obesity is an actual issue, video games breeding kilers is very rare yes there are people who have killed people cos of video gamesl ike that korean guy who stabbed somone cos he sold an item in game on world of warcraft and a kid who killed his parents cos they too kcod away from him, but trust me obesity is more of an issue

15+ Year Old Account
    Who cares? Not like they're stopping video games in any way, it's a huge and constantly growing market.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as the first amendment exists we have nothing to worry about. Video games are a constantly growing market. Same as Hollywood. There's no reason to censor them or stop them. There have been countless studies done around them that have both proven and disproved violent behavior. It's pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    yes cos obesity is an actual issue, video games breeding kilers is very rare yes there are people who have killed people cos of video gamesl ike that korean guy who stabbed somone cos he sold an item in game on world of warcraft and a kid who killed his parents cos they too kcod away from him, but trust me obesity is more of an issue
    but what about video games breeding fat people

i think we should ban video games on the basis of fatty fatty boombas
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.