Lenient judge faces fallout in rape case

Damn, jurors are refusing to serve on his juries.

They've also gathered 80K signatures to have him removed from office. You're thinking internet petitions don't mean anything. This isn't an internet petition, this is hand written signatures on a petition to make a initiative for the next ballot for voters to vote on. If the initiative passes, it's law, he's out.

At least 10 prospective jurors who oppose Judge Aaron Persky's decision to spare former Stanford swimmer Brock Turner prison for a sex crime refused this week to serve on a jury in an unrelated case he is handling.

"I can't be here, I'm so upset," one juror told the judge while the lawyers were picking the jury in the misdemeanor receiving stolen property case, according to multiple sources.

http://www.eastbaytimes.com/breaking...s-refuse-serve

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Eh...I'd use any, ANY excuse to get out of jury duty.

Brock Turner was convicted of sexual assault not rape.

10 jurors? I saw more than 10 jurors feign racism to get out of an assault case I was called for jury selection on.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    10 jurors? I saw more than 10 jurors feign racism to get out of an assault case I was called for jury selection on.
    Just whisper the magic words: Jury Nullification.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    We've got an active thread on this over here; http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2007789

Locking this.