Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    Its not so much Bystander effect, more like lawsuits have made good samaritans a rare breed.
    In the USA, unless it is something really egregious we have good Samaritan Laws that protect against this very thing.

In some cases states have duty laws that if you do not intervene you could possibly charged with a crime or held liable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    One of the issues continental Europe is facing is that centrists, including those on the centre left and centre right, are being drowned out by the far left and far right. It is not really helped when the centre right are branded far right for criticising any aspect of Islam.
    I've honestly only recently started paying more attention to this and understanding the differences between the US and Europe on these issues. It seems like that timeless phenomenon of the vocal minority drowning out the quiet majority. But the branding of any coherent criticism of Islam is even more sinister and a big problem stateside as well. This incident is a cut and dry example of a facet of Islam that any person, right or left, who supports liberal values and "social justice" should feel no qualms about trashing as loud and long as possible. In the civilized world, you can't beat a woman (or man) for violating your religious customs. Full stop.

I think it's worth pointing out though that this thread so far contains far more actual bigots who just want to trash all muslims and/or europeans, than these alleged pc police who they think will defend the attackers in this story. In fact, no one is trying to defend them. The far right crowd here is just arguing against some SJW bogeyman that hasn't yet materialized...

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Because liberals don't defend criminals? Why the hell is this thread full of these garbage claims that anyone would defend these criminals? When we talk about tolerance, this is not the sort of crap we talk about tolerating.

And why the hell is the word "cuck" suddenly such a popular word?
    In my experience, It's the same edge lords that use "alpha" and "beta" unironically. Just another red flag to tell you that you don't need to take the person's statement seriously.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I suppose, I don't get out as much as I used to, and I spent 11 years around men who had a pair.
    That sounds gay supertony.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Did this happen in a muslim neighborhood? Cause i can see that being used to justify this event, as in "well, don't do things that go agaisn't a religion followed by most people who live there!!"
    Nothing will be done to prevent planes diving into the Eiffel Tower.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    I remember when our special forces did a raid in a mosque......they took off their shoes in order to not offend them.

Central Europe ist lost in the long run. We will get swarmed by millions upon millions in the coming years. Our tolerence will be our executioner.

But seriously. How do you arrest someone who isn't a German citizen twice in the same evening and let him leave TWICE. WTF?
    CENTRAL EUROPE IS LOST!
    Quick! grab your bags and your jackets. Germany is gone!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Nothing will be done to prevent planes diving into the Eiffel Tower.
    That would require quite a lot of skills actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Detritivores View Post
    I think it's worth pointing out though that this thread so far contains far more actual bigots who just want to trash all muslims and/or europeans, than these alleged pc police who they think will defend the attackers in this story. In fact, no one is trying to defend them. The far right crowd here is just arguing against some SJW bogeyman that hasn't yet materialized...
    We have had a poster stating that their religion is not relevant to the incident, even though their religion was the motive.

You can not really judge from this thread alone though, the anger comes from things like the Cologne sexual assaults being covered up, the Rotherham sex abuse scandal, etc. all of which had an element of covering up crimes by Muslims.

7+ Year Old Account
    "You should be ashamed of yourself for serving alcohol during Ramadan — if I was God I would hang you'”.

I think we got 2 crackpots who just escaped the looney bin. Better find them quick and strap them back into their beds.

All this PC bullshit will severely bite Europe in the ass so hard in the coming decades... and all PC morons today will regret their choices completely, mark my words.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    That sounds gay supertony.
    Welcome to the Military.

Quote Originally Posted by NotVanish View Post
    Well, the waitress did serve alcohol on Ramadan. I'm kind of torn on this.
    So torn that you'd justify a black eye.......

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    Welcome to the Military.

Afterall, it's only gay if you kiss.

Welcome to the Military.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/IoVKEwB.jpg[img]
    That perspective makes the guy in the foreground look about 10 years old and puts a whole new strange perspective on that poster.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Afterall, it's only gay if you kiss.
    Ever played gay chicken? Kissing is just an opening move, people only start ducking out when the baby oil comes out.

Deleted
    Ever played gay chicken? Kissing is just an opening move, people only start ducking out when the baby oil comes out.
    Not really no. But I get the point I think

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    We have had a poster stating that their religion is not relevant to the incident, even though their religion was the motive.

You can not really judge from this thread alone though, the anger comes from things like the Cologne sexual assaults being covered up, the Rotherham sex abuse scandal, etc. all of which had an element of covering up crimes by Muslims.
    Oh I must have blazed through that post, sorry. I retract my original statement.

I'm saying it's both though (in the world and in this thread). There is justified anger against the things you mention and justified anger against apologists. But there are also still bigots is what I'm saying. And it's an unfortunate state of affairs if the people justifiably angry only have the actually prejudiced far right agreeing with them.

In my estimation there's a delusional segment on the left that we'll call the pc police. Clearly everyone here is familiar with them.

There's a delusional segment on the right that is actually bigoted and unreasonable, who would hate all muslims and immigrants even if there was nothing reprehensible in their religion and they were all model citizens.

And then there's the overwhelming majority, right and left, who can see a story like this that goes against their morals and values and call it what it is, a religiously motivated assault. But it's an impossible thing to address without a crazy person from the pc police getting triggered or a crazy person from the far group agreeing with you for all the wrong reasons. So most acknowledge this internally and move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, the behaviour in this thread is completely unacceptable, and I'm locking it here.

Bashing people based on their religion is not tolerated here.
    Bashing them based on their race or nationality or culture is not tolerated here.
    And so forth.