Thread: Cartel coins ?

Cartel coins ?

So I just came back to the game like a lot of ppl since I'm waiting on legion and when I logged in it said I have 5600 cartel coins. From what I've read there for cosmetic items. Are there any beneficial to buy with them or they just pure cosmetic?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyboardjenkins View Post
    So I just came back to the game like a lot of ppl since I'm waiting on legion and when I logged in it said I have 5600 cartel coins. From what I've read there for cosmetic items. Are there any beneficial to buy with them or they just pure cosmetic?
    Pure cosmetic, but they also sell perks you get from Subscribing piecemeal in the shop as well (Raid, pvp passes). There a couple companions you can buy as well, but 90% of the shop are cosmetic items. The Packs they sale every month are gamble boxes like a lot of other games have that are all cosmetic stuff. Some of the cosmetic items can sell for TON of in-game currency as well though.
    Nothing and Everything

Everything is pure cosmetic but there are a few that are nice perks.

Something like rocket Boots in the legacy tab. 15 secs of mount speed every 30 secs and you can use it in places you can't use mounts. Very handy.

It's fairly expensive in credit IIRC but cheap in CC.

Cartel Coins is a currency for various in-game stuff. Mostly to be spent in the Cartel Market (click that yellow-orange UI icon to open CM). As you open it you'll see categories on the left, visualization in the middle and additional info window on the right. Browse categories to see what's currently available.

As previously said - most items are cosmetic (weapons and armors are models - actual stats you get from armorings, mods etc.), there are mounts if you are after certain look. If you are NOT a subscriber - it's worth considering Unlocks and/or Consumables category as it may ease with Free/Preferred account limitations.

What is really worth - while in-game press Y (to open Legacy window) and browse General unlocks and Personal Unlocks. I personally most of my CC had spent there. Additional bag space, additional cargo space, rocket boost, some CM items global unlocks*, all hidden here. And note - some unlocks are for character only and other characters you want it to have must spend again. Some unlocks are Legacy wide - once unlocked all characters have access to it (ship unlocks like mailbox, auction booth or vendor droid). Some unlocks have an option - personal unlock (cheaper) or Legacy wide (more expensive but one time only purchase).

Those are nice things as newly created characters will benefit from previously unlocked stuff.

*- once you buy item (either with CC or from auction for credits) it appears in your Collections. Then you can spend some CC to unlock said item across your other characters within your Legacy. So one character buys a color crystal and it's usable by that character only. But after unlocking it all other characters will have access to that color crystal for no additional fee (except initial unlock cost).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyboardjenkins View Post
    there
    they're*

Man its [the current year] and people still spell this stuff wrong...