Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I'm pretty fucked and don't know what to do?

So I haven't played League of Legends in three weeks, and I'm a Diamond II player there at best and Diamond on average. Well I've just been playing OW and watching television. I come back to find myself stripped of my mental dexterity, reflexes, and all around skill to a point I've been struggling against silver players in normal warmups. Not only is this depressing as shit because I'm getting deeply frustrated at the prospect of not being able to regain my magic touch, it means my plan of playing League once a month will not stick if I can't hold onto my skills after a few weeks of inactivity. I'm trapped to playing the game daily if I want to maintain the necessary skill to play at my elo, something I've depressingly lost right now.

I'm not sure what to do. I could just quit altogether but a part of my mind refuses to let all my work and learnings decay. And it's killing me from the inside.
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2016-06-10 at 12:51 AM.

Make a livejournal about it or something
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Two options...

Quit or Git Gud.
    im already good though, if not the top of the brass? I just don't get why it doesn't stick if I don't play.

Deleted
    Because a lot of being good at games is having an instinctual feeling of what to do based on what you're seeing and hearing.
    When you're constantly playing a game those instincts are actively loaded in your RAM and ready to go, when you don't play for a few weeks your computer is dragging the thoughts out of your old 5200rpm storage hard drive bit by bit until it's all loaded in your RAM again.

perhaps it's similar to other kinds of skill-based activities. if you took weeks off from running or biking or skiing or playing chess or whatever, you lose your conditioning, whether it's physical or cognitive. i wonder if there are any studies of competitive gamers and neuroscience or physical science and performance?

just curious, what role do you play as a main?

Deleted
    I quit for like 6 months or so, and haven't played any ranked in season 5, despite this I managed to very rapidly climb from silver 2 to plat 1 now, closing in on Diamond. It only took me about a week or so to really get back into it. Just keep playing and you'll be fine, but if you're only planning to very ocassionally play a game or two, this will likely keep happening.

Deleted
    If you only play for rating then just play once a month.. You can't lose all those games and even if you do you won't lose that much. If you want to be in shape again you just gotta play more. You will be good in less than a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    im already good though
    I've been struggling against silver players
    Choose one.

Deleted
    Tbh this is a weird story. Diamond 2 but suddenly can't win against anyone? Sounds fishy to me.

Sure if you don't play you'll perform a bit worse, but if you're consistently at high diamond, it should take you like 3 games to get back into the game ..

do you main hanzo or torbion? neither technicly needs to aim so you have probs grown complaicent!

I'm a Diamond 5 ADC main na.op.gg/summoner/userName=superficial (doesn't matter I know, I have smurf win rate though) and honestly feel extremely rusty if I step away from the game for even a week, maybe not to that level though. Mechanically I fall apart with inactivity. I'm amazed I can play my 1 game a month to prevent decay and do decently

This game absolutely requires constant practice to maintain mechanics. One of the most crucial aspects of the game occurs during early game laning. You must pay respects to the champion matchups, and you absolutely have to know what you auto-attack damage is to secure a creep kill. The former changes between patches frequently and the latter is gained through repetition. Playing different champions of the same role will give you the knowledge of the champion match ups but will require practice with auto attack timing to secure the creep gold every game.

Cheers,
    Astro

So I haven't played League of Legends in three weeks, and I'm a Diamond II player there at best and Diamond on average. Well I've just been playing OW and watching television. I come back to find myself stripped of my mental dexterity, reflexes, and all around skill to a point I've been struggling against silver players in normal warmups. Not only is this depressing as shit because I'm getting deeply frustrated at the prospect of not being able to regain my magic touch, it means my plan of playing League once a month will not stick if I can't hold onto my skills after a few weeks of inactivity. I'm trapped to playing the game daily if I want to maintain the necessary skill to play at my elo, something I've depressingly lost right now.

I'm not sure what to do. I could just quit altogether but a part of my mind refuses to let all my work and learnings decay. And it's killing me from the inside.
    You'll get back in the groove, don't worry. Don't overthink things -- it' becomes a mental block and won't be worth the worry.

Pure mechanics need constant play to maintain. If you are struggling to play constantly I suggest working on the other side of things, mindset, game knowledge and overall macro play (map awareness, decision making, etc etc). Bring that up to the level of a Diamond player and you should find that you won't suck as much after absences, and can make up for losing mechanical skill by playing non intensive champions. It's what Dopa/Apdo does, and he is widely regarded as one of the best players in the world, yet refuses to play champions with high mechanical requirement because he has stated on many occasions, he is lacking there.

just got to be able to answer the question why you play games first.... or why you play the game your referencing!! Had a similar sentiment when I played league heaps.

GL dude

I saw many told you about skills and stuff. But I'd like to draw your attention to the fact Riots have changed the ladder, so if you don't play you get lower faster. So, you get into the league with teammates that don't want to cooperate. So if you make great pauses in LOL, you can get stuck.

Sounds like it isnt your ELO anymore then.

[snipped stuff]
    Its the way of all things..... you must practice/do to retain all skill to a certain level. Messi couldn't stop playing soccer for a year and a half come back and be Messi all over again.. There is a reason why muscle memory needs to be regained.

Hell it could be as simple as you put on a couple of extra pounds and your fingers are slightly bigger... or eyes aren't the same.

You must train to regain.

15+ Year Old Account
    op is a baby bitch irl

Please post productively and respectively. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2017-08-19 at 03:12 AM.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.