Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Thumbs up Excited for Legion?

I don't know if I'm allowed to share this here. I mean, he's not talking about how terrible the game is and how WoW is dying. Instead, he's talking about some changes that are really great! (at least in his opinion). After reading these forums every day, it's like a breath of fresh air to hear something positive. I'm sure it won't all be perfect (what is?), but this has me excited to give it a try.

https://youtu.be/2dnw-Td5Hew

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Those happy just tend to focus on enjoying it.
    They don't need to justify their view, therefore they are not represented fairly in terms of the amount of forum noise.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

After the interviews I'm seeing, I'm more excited than I was yesterday. No idea why redshirtguy said this info isn't really important, of course it's not "whatsthenextexpansionlul" but it's information that could make or break a persons sub to the game. 3 raid tiers, dungeons being added in future patches (this is like the wrath set up, only 1 "mega" dungeon confirmed to be added in 7.1), etc. It's getting better and better so far, obviously the people who are on the hate bandwagon are going to scream and say the game still sucks but I dunno, it seems like they've noticed why WoD was so bad, they even hit on some of the points that we've stated as to why it's bad. I'm liking the way this is going.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    After the interviews I'm seeing, I'm more excited than I was yesterday. No idea why redshirtguy said this info isn't really important, of course it's not "whatsthenextexpansionlul" but it's information that could make or break a persons sub to the game. 3 raid tiers, dungeons being added in future patches (this is like the wrath set up, only 1 "mega" dungeon confirmed to be added in 7.1), etc. It's getting better and better so far, obviously the people who are on the hate bandwagon are going to scream and say the game still sucks but I dunno, it seems like they've noticed why WoD was so bad, they even hit on some of the points that we've stated as to why it's bad. I'm liking the way this is going.
    He understood what the community would do.
    In that they would generate impossible expectations which no game developer could meet.
    A long-term plan for content tiers is a good thing for players, as much as some may want to bash it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    He understood what the community would do.
    In that they would generate impossible expectations which no game developer could meet.
    A long-term plan for content tiers is a good thing for players, as much as some may want to bash it.
    Very true, didn't think when I said that. Glad Chaud and Redshirtguy decided to try and tone down what everyone was yelling about.

Deleted
    I would also just wait till the dungeons/raid tiers are released. I am hyped for them too but we saw what happened with WOD so wouldn't take all of this as 100% in Legion.

Very excited for Legion, even more so with the info coming out.

After having watched that video I would say I am more excited now. I love the idea of mythic dungeons and the fact that some dickhole can't put up an insane gear requirement just so they can be carried quickly through it. That is one of the walls I hit when I pug mythics now. I have been turned down with legendary ring, and a 710 item lvl from groups.

Getting really excited for Legion, even more so with the info from the "Legion Summit" coming out. I really like the ideas I'm hearing, and so far there's nothing that's made me not want to play Legion.

I am excided about legion, but mostly for new transmog system, and I'm pretty bummed that they arent planing on scaling tol baradand wintergrasp.. sad

Worried more than anything else, the interviews mentioned a " mega " dungeon and they said at blizzcon it'll likely be karazhan, I have fond memories of that place from TBC and raiding with my friends, some who no longer play, I don't want to see it go the same way as ZG/ZA.

Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    I am excided about legion, but mostly for new transmog system, and I'm pretty bummed that they arent planing on scaling tol baradand wintergrasp.. sad
    Well, they did they they'd rather try new things which is a positive. People would get bored if tol barad and WG kept getting scaled, it'd be the same old shit every day. They could create a new place that functions like one of those, or try something completely new like they said they want to. At least we know they're thinking about this situation.

As a beta player, I'm very excited about upcoming Legion (and yes, there are large chunks of stories missing in beta like cinematics, for example). Zones in Legion are super-duper-ultra cool. Experience is great.

Deleted
    I was actually EXCITED for it upon the announcement, but it's slowly winded down to the point of 'too little too late'. Thanks to WoD every single feature, dev interview or announcement must now be second guessed and scrutinized more heavily than the previous expansions. And so far Legion has not held up to scrutiny in my eyes, too many mistakes are being repeated already and the new Diablo style gameplay just doesn't impress me at all. It's definitely flash over substance and I wouldn't see myself being engaged for more than a couple of weeks after leveling.

Another thing is, which actually has nothing to do with Legion is that it's very difficult to get excited again after being away from the game for so long, even if it looked good, especially when almost none of your friends are going to be playing either. But we'll see. every day I've checked the updates because I just wanted to love the game again, but so far that hasn't happened.

Well, they did they they'd rather try new things which is a positive. People would get bored if tol barad and WG kept getting scaled, it'd be the same old shit every day. They could create a new place that functions like one of those, or try something completely new like they said they want to. At least we know they're thinking about this situation.
    Aren't battlegrounds that? "same old shit every day"?

15+ Year Old Account
    I've been excited since I've heard Blizzard's idea for Legion. Even more excited when I had a chance to experience them on beta. Things outside of raiding feel really good.

Deleted
    the only thing im ''excited'' is pve content. Thats really the only thing im still playing this game.

I am presently surprised by what was shown tonight, but I remember being told lots of sweet little lies about WoD that were very similar to this and ended up being a major disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    I am presently surprised by what was shown tonight, but I remember being told lots of sweet little lies about WoD that were very similar to this and ended up being a major disaster.
    yes but keep in mind now we're only, what, 3 months away from release. Better chances of not being scrapped.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguiris View Post
    yes but keep in mind now we're only, what, 3 months away from release. Better chances of not being scrapped.
    The things at launch? Sure. The things in the patches? Lmao