Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    If an item that drops via personal loot is the same or lower item level than what you have equipped, it will be eligible to be traded to other members in the raid.
    I assume they keep the various ilvls for different bosses in. This is going to be annoying when ie. a trinket drops with higher ilvl but worse proc for your spec. They need to equalize the ilvls again if they don't want daily whine posts on the forums about this once raiding starts.

The team doesn't want you to feel like you should change your talents for every group of mobs or boss.
    Either talents will be meaningless or raiders will change them for bosses. Can't really have it both ways. Just pick one and work with it.

Deleted
    The final system gives a nice default experience for a player. You can change your talents in town. There isn't any need to make or buy a reagent from a vendor or carry it around for most players.

uuuuuhhh yeah its such nicer experience to be forced to hearth back to town for a talent change instead of buying some shit every once in a while and use one of my more than enough bag slots for it.

As someone who likes to login and just raid with friend, i'm not totally sold on artifact power or random drop on legendary items. I feel i may be forced to login more to keep a raid spot

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio9 View Post
    uuuuuhhh yeah its such nicer experience to be forced to hearth back to town for a talent change instead of buying some shit every once in a while and use one of my more than enough bag slots for it.
    More likely you'll be forced into cookie cutter builds like before. "This set of talents is most often uses on bosses" to make progression faster. I suspect only Mythic guilds during progression will hearth back for talent changes.

So you won't, practically speaking, get "interesting" choices. You're going to get cookie cutter choices. It'll be "enough" of a hassle to not be worth caring about anymore unless it's worth an effort to change it (unlikely).

Their point about Battlegrounds is right though -- but it's exactly why I went cookie cutter and never care anymore about "options" because I don't have options. I can't play fluidly and go "this situation calls for this now, I should change". Instead I'm stuck.
    Much like I'm stuck if I can tank but and forced DPS but our tank just dropped. It's a great big "fuck you" that the dev's still haven't thought about.

But hey! At least casual play is still being discouraged!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynep View Post
    The likely response from a Holy player (I was one when Blizz said literally "if your raid has one priest, it should be Disc") would be something like this:
    https://youtu.be/prmszU1sdOc?t=1980
    "The period including WotLK, Cata, MoP and WoD was merely a setback."

(Mostly Holy since TBC.)

Deleted
    So far the film has grossed $287.6 million, meaning it has already more than broke even on production costs. It's already made double what it cost to produce, and there is still plenty of time left. I think it's fair to say we'll be getting an Extended Edition, and a sequel. My guess is on Warcraft 2 hitting 2020.
    Last edited by mmocd822a99f32; 2016-06-11 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ahunter8056 View Post
    So far the film has grossed $287.6 million, meaning it has already more than broke even on production costs. It's already made double what it cost to produce, and there is still plenty of time left. I think it's fair to say we'll be getting an Extended Edition, and a sequel. My guess is on Warcraft 2 hitting 2020.
    Yeah, dont understand why the news is saying that they need to earn 500 million dollars to break even? The production cost of this movie was 160$ millions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by muSPK View Post
    Yeah, dont understand why the news is saying that they need to earn 500 million dollars to break even? The production cost of this movie was 160$ millions.
    I don't understand how people still don't know this or even come up with the obvious explanation themself.

The proceeds of ticket sales/revenue don't go all to the producer himself.

Rule of thumb is only half goes to the producer on launch and it only drops over time.

On top of that production cost for movies usually exclude any possible marketing by the producer himself.

Quote Originally Posted by ahunter8056 View Post
    That isn't how it works, box office is 290~ million, that has to be split up by various people actual theaters need their cut, the advertising etc.

I don't know if the 500 million figure is correct but even if it was a 50/50 split they would still need 320 million to break even.

So now they're saying BRF should have been released later, even though they first promised us 2 raids at launch. What they're saying is that the solution to content droughts isn't to add more content, but to split up the already tiny amount of existing content into more patches.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    More likely you'll be forced into cookie cutter builds like before. "This set of talents is most often uses on bosses" to make progression faster. I suspect only Mythic guilds during progression will hearth back for talent changes.

So you won't, practically speaking, get "interesting" choices. You're going to get cookie cutter choices. It'll be "enough" of a hassle to not be worth caring about anymore unless it's worth an effort to change it (unlikely).

Their point about Battlegrounds is right though -- but it's exactly why I went cookie cutter and never care anymore about "options" because I don't have options. I can't play fluidly and go "this situation calls for this now, I should change". Instead I'm stuck.
    Much like I'm stuck if I can tank but and forced DPS but our tank just dropped. It's a great big "fuck you" that the dev's still haven't thought about.

But hey! At least casual play is still being discouraged!
    Yeah it's a real shame. what's even more nasty that you are not even stuck with it, you are actually able to swap talents for optimized play, its just inconvenient and a chore. Give's me the constant unpleasant feeling of "i could do better in this situation, it would just cost me too much pointless and tedious effort, so i just underperform".

I understand their point that its also not the best thing in the world to swap back talents back and forth all the time but well, players accepted it and got used to it.

Me personally i only a single spec of my class, so i use the dual spec to swap between a cookie cutter single target talent build and cookie cutter multitarget talent build which i adjust in certain situations. Whenever i am in wrong spec for the wrong situation (because i forgot to switch or got into combat before being able to) it just feels like i totally fuck up.

Yesterday i got a bad/unlucky first try on a mythic blackhand pug and got instantly kicked from group. In this game i got the feeling i need to perform as good as possible in so many situations, the game basically offers me ways to do so and then gates them behind inconvience and chores.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    The " mega " dungeon will likely be karazhan... they mentioned it possibly being patch content for 7.1 at Blizzcon.

This is very unlikey. The reason why i know this is because the beta at the moment has multiple profession quests that send you into Karazhan to kill bosses (like a skinning quest sends you into kill and skin Netherspite) so I cant see them adding these quests just to change the whole dungeon in a later patch. They have even said in this interview they dont want to redo old content.

The crypt however has been altered drastically. If you look at this picture:

http://i.imgur.com/qWhwXxS.jpg

.... you can see how the stairs that lead down to the crypt have been removed and there are green objects there. Also, the doorway has been blocked off with a gate, obviously to stop people going down and seeing what is down there or what changes they have done in that area so yeah, defo something exciting going on down there

10+ Year Old Account
    "Holy will probably remain the main healing spec, with Discipline main healing up to base level Mythic dungeons and playing more of a support role in higher end content."

Watched Final-Boss's video on Holy, and Disc and I just laughed hard at how HORRIBLE Disc spec was. Also the PROC for holy's Tuur-something Artifact thing was horribly low. But man DISC look likes an AFK spec now. Loved my druid restro spec

Final Boss do shamans soon please I want to tell my friend he should main a druid not a sham-wow.

The team talks about doing a MOBA style battleground at least several times a year. There is a learning curve for players that aren't familiar with all of the aspects of MOBA games, such as lanes and turrets. The team still isn't comfortable having so many aspects to a battleground, which is why all of the battlegrounds after Alterac Valley have had simple and focused goals

TRUE, but people love that one, and winterlands? Wrath place cause of the siege and weirdness.
    Last edited by Lastgateguard; 2016-06-13 at 06:25 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    God. Just shut up...
    "LALALALALALALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU" is not a coherent argument. You do know that, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Clbull View Post
    "LALALALALALALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU" is not a coherent argument. You do know that, right?
    Your petty cynical hyperbolic wall of whining wasn't a coherent argument either.