7+ Year Old Account

Just Seen the Warcraft Movie

It was shit. They base it off of the RTS Warcraft orcs and humans instead of World of Warcraft. In my experience, only a small fraction of people played Warcraft compared to how many played World of Warcraft. Not many give an ass damn about Warcraft the RTS, people wanted to see World of Warcraft the movie and Blizzard failed to deliver. You only see 3 classes in the entire movie warrior, mage, and warlock and all of the other races are barely noticeable. Undead and tauren are not in the movie at all. You are going to be staring at orcs and humans a lot. Beyond that I think the story line was shit even if they did hold true to the lore, and Durotan was just played horribly.

4/10 just because the special effects were okay. It's a junk movie be wise, save your money, don't go see the it, and remember wow in a better light.

Let the flames begin.
    Last edited by nanook12; 2016-06-10 at 08:54 AM.

2/10, that work?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm having a hard time telling when shit is serious anymore.

Deleted
    This post is stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you went in wanting WoW: The Movie, when they've said all along that the movie was based on the first WC game/initial contact.

Sounds like a 'you' problem more than a 'movie' problem.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    They base it off of the RTS Warcraft orcs and humans instead of World of Warcraft.
    Color me shocked!

Edit: Cannot shake my head enough at the rest of the post either.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    So you went in wanting WoW: The Movie, when they've said all along that the movie was based on the first WC game/initial contact.

Sounds like a 'you' problem more than a 'movie' problem.
    Blizzard should know the majority of their audience better than that. Not many care about Warcraft RTS.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure this board has a film sub section for you to post your rant.

Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    Pretty sure this board has a film sub section for you to post your rant.
    might get closed slightly quicker there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just Saw*

And there is already a mega thread for the Warcraft movie, you can post there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

It was shit. They base it off of the RTS Warcraft orcs and humans instead of World of Warcraft. In my experience, only a small fraction of people played Warcraft compared to how many played World of Warcraft. Not many give an ass damn about Warcraft the RTS, people wanted to see World of Warcraft the movie and Blizzard failed to deliver. You only see 3 classes in the entire movie warrior, mage, and warlock and all of the other races are barely noticeable. Undead and tauren are not in the movie at all. You are going to be staring at orcs and humans a lot. Beyond that I think the story line was shit even if they did hold true to the lore, and Durotan was just played horribly.

4/10 just because the special effects were okay. It's a junk movie be wise, save your money, don't go see the it, and remember wow in a better light.

Let the flames begin.
    Could you imagine a movie based off the WoW story, first movie "Molten Core".... The end? Or do they go to a second raid? :O because it doesn't actually get any better. The story in WoW moves at such a terrible pace that most people would die from old age waiting for some action.

WoW the movie, Thrall stands in Orgrimmar! For the bored!!

15+ Year Old Account
    I think you went in with the wrong expectations. There couldn't have been tauren and undead or even night elves because all that is third war stuff. As far as staying true to WoW, I found most of what you see on screen is an adaptions of what we've come to know in WoW not the old RTS.

That being said, I'll never understand Blizzard's obsession with orcs. WCIII is what really put Warcraft on the map and a lot of people started playing WoW because of how much they loved that game and not the previous titles. Shame we'll probably never see the story of Arthas come to life but this movie is already over-stuffed as it is for the general audience, so I see how they couldn't have made WCIII comprehensible to the average viewer without first setting up the world itself.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Oookey... Hope this is trolling.. But I will bite This has to be the stupidest view on the movie I have seen.
    The name is warcraft. Not World of Warcraft. Of course they will follow the chronology of the warcraft series. To some extent.

My only regret of their approach to it is that they are trying to tell to much in to little time.

I wish they had made a movie or two about the orcs coming under Gul'dan's influence and destroying their world. The movie could swap between that and some alliance squabling to get both sides.

Anyway. I was very much entertained during the movie and my vote is a solid 7/10.

Looking forward to a sequel or 20 of them and during the 12'th or so you will see your precious Tauren
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I will remember the Colosseum.
    Damn right I will be happy with whatever the hell they create when I keep that raid in mind.

Let the flames begin.
    Nefarion: "You're doing it wrong!"

They base it off of the RTS Warcraft orcs and humans instead of World of Warcraft.

It's almost as if, and bear with me for a second this is pretty mind blowing, the movie is named "Warcraft" instead of "World of Warcraft". As for the rest of your post, just because you didn't want to see a movie about the RTS game doesn't mean everyone else didn't either. Warcraft was a game long before WoW ever existed, and was extremely popular long before then as well.