Poll: What will the second Legion Raid Tier be?

Thread: New Raids!

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New Raids!

Any speculation as to what the middle tier raid will be?

Historically speaking, the mid patch is often a raid noone sees coming or is unprecedented. In WotLK we had Secrets of Ulduar, Cata - Rage of the Firelands, MoP - The Throne of Thunder (all 3 EXCELLENT instances, even with Firelands only having 8 bosses).

Obviously, WoD had it's mid patch cut. (My bets were on Shattrath). But let's NOT talk about WoD.

Raids in Legion:

Nightwell and the Emerald Nightmare for the first 'tier'

*unknown* second tier

Tomb of Sargeras, obviously, as the final tier

My personal speculation... It's an ideal time, given the Azshara lore, heavy night elf history and naga prescence that we'll see the Abyssal Maw raid at last. It was promised in Cata as a twin raid with the Firelands in Cata, yet as we know it was put on reserve when it would better suit the story.

Other options... N'Zoth instance. Given the continuing presence of the old gods even within Ulduar to the present and that our characters are apparently being manipulated by unseen hands, it's possible part of that resolution and our final 'breaking of the cycle' could take place.

Troll and Naga raid at Zuldazar. Given our quest for the pillars of creation, the fifth piece may not be on the Broken Isles, but with the Trolls on Zuldazar, which is also an island which survived the sundering and implosion of the Well of Eternity 100,00 years ago. Plus, this is the Troll capital (where they meet every 6 years... and we're looking at year 12 of WoW... conspiracy theories go!) Plus who doesn't love trolls?!
    Last edited by Elestia; 2016-06-11 at 01:20 AM.

Something Old God related I think, like Ulduar(which has generally been considered one of if not the best WoW raids ever).

Something with Helya.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Something with Helya.
    True that. I hadn't thought of something involving a Titan theme. Her story is unresolved after her initial defeat, and it has definitely been hinted at that she's a force to be reckoned with.

We need a troll raid or dungeon! vanilla had ZG, BC had ZA, wrath had gundrak and drak'tharon, cataclysm had the ZA/ZG revamps, MoP had throne of thunder but WoD had nothing!

What's a WoW expansion without murdering a shitload of Trolls in a random patch? so clearly Zulzudar is the best choice.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    N'zoth on Thal'dranath.

Quote Originally Posted by Mgann-Morzz View Post
    What's a WoW expansion without murdering a shitload of Trolls in a random patch?
    It's called WoD

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    In icecrown citadell , at the frozen throne
    just curse of the black temple

Illidan returns to the blacktemple
    img717.imageshack.us/img717/6086/betaaaa.png

If Argus is not the next expansion, it could also very well be EN+NH > Tomb of Sargeras > Argus (following the events with Velen at the Exodar and him saying that they're going back home, it's pretty clear we'll get there at some point in the future).
    Last edited by Imotbh; 2016-06-11 at 12:28 PM.

I hope they already give us an Azshara raid where she and N'Zoth die (and die in a way that they cant be ressurected), so People can already stop their shitty "Old god/Azshara" xpac/raid theories

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    I hope they already give us an Azshara raid where she and N'Zoth die (and die in a way that they cant be ressurected), so People can already stop their shitty "Old god/Azshara" xpac/raid theories
    You said "old god /azshara" ! Gimme !
    As mid tier raid I bet we will see somethin about someone who works with the Legion, which will continue in some way in the expansion after Legion.
    Perhaps Azshara , perhaps something titan related, as we work towards getting pillars of creation, we visit ulduar in pre event .. Talks to the diamond guy ... You know
    In Azsuna we also say hello to "her" and the "she" goes away. What are the odds of it being the only appearance?

Quote Originally Posted by Imotbh View Post
    If Argus is not the next expansion, it could also very well be EN+NH > Tomb of Sargeras > Argus (following the events with Velen at the Exodar and him saying that they're going back home, it's pretty clear we'll get there at some point in the future).
    Tomb of Sargeras has a portal that goes to Argus. Highly doubt we would have a Tomb raid and Argus. I think a raid that involves both like SoO would be nice.

I'm hoping for trolls. There are a lot of troll themed artifact skins that seem a little out of place given everything else I now about the expansion and a hope that's evidence for it. I would also be happy with nagas. Actually I'd be happy with anything but Vrykul.

A N'zoth version of Ulduar in Thal'dranath seems very likely.

Though I don't think we'll kill N'zoth due to his expac carrying potential.
    Last edited by shoc; 2016-06-11 at 04:22 PM.

I think an Old God raid in a Legion expansion would be pretty shitty. I want them to have their own expansion.

I think the most likely candidates are a Dark Troll raid, seeing as their lore is built upon in Chronicle Vol 1 and the Nightborne are connected to them. It may be that the Zandalari sought them out after MoP so we may see them again too.

I think the final raid will be inside the Tomb of Sargeras, where we fight an Sargeras-possessed Illidan and attempt to both cleanse him and stop him using the Tomb of Sargeras to make one massive portal to let the entire Legion through as well as Sargeras himself. I think we'll stop it, and that will lead into the next expansion which will be preparing an assault on Argus itself. I feel like Argus should have its own continent and expansion, but it may very well be we go through onto Argus this expansion in patch content, maybe as just a new zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosstafa View Post
    I think an Old God raid in a Legion expansion would be pretty shitty. I want them to have their own expansion.

I think the most likely candidates are a Dark Troll raid, seeing as their lore is built upon in Chronicle Vol 1 and the Nightborne are connected to them. It may be that the Zandalari sought them out after MoP so we may see them again too.

I think the final raid will be inside the Tomb of Sargeras, where we fight an Sargeras-possessed Illidan and attempt to both cleanse him and stop him using the Tomb of Sargeras to make one massive portal to let the entire Legion through as well as Sargeras himself. I think we'll stop it, and that will lead into the next expansion which will be preparing an assault on Argus itself. I feel like Argus should have its own continent and expansion, but it may very well be we go through onto Argus this expansion in patch content, maybe as just a new zone.
    It worked perfectly in WOTLK, Ulduar is remembered as one of the greatest expansions ever yet had nothing to do with the Lich King threat on hand. Whereas in Legion we have a whole zone dedicated to the Naga threat, a Naga/N'zoth version of Ulduar would set up a future expansion where we deal with the Naga and Old Gods and eventually the Void Lords perfectly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Odyn or Helya or both

7+ Year Old Account
    Ulduarro v2

Siege of Gnomeregan :P (gain control of a titan world engine that's been a part of gnomer this whole time )
    Last edited by Funky Kong; 2016-06-11 at 06:23 PM.