what offspec artifact cath up mechanig everytime blizz speak about?

again i see
    There are catch up mechanics for alts, other specs, and for everyone as time passes for leveling Artifact weapons... Artifact Knowledge should give you the ability to keep the progression of alt spec artifact weapons fairly close to your main spec weapon, but keeping them equally progressed will be challenging. You should very easily be able to keep off spec weapons up to 80% of your main spec's weapon unlock progression, with the same number of gold traits unlocked. This makes you a few percent less effective, but still not a huge deal
    on main page and again i don't can't even imagine what they are talking about. there is exactly 0 catch up mechanic in beta - you directly chose what artifact you want to feed and secondary+ artifact receive exactly zero power... tomes of artifact knowlege is not a catch up mechanic at all - it's exactly opposite thing...

example:
    - i gather 21500 ap during first 15days. i can invest it 18lvl main artifact or can divide it and have 2 lvl15 artifacts or 3 lvl13 or 4 lvl 11... where is catch up mechanic if you MUST steal from main artifact?

they are talking about Artifact Knowledge levels and what? for exaple i have lvl4 knowledge day16 - it's +30% ap from any sources... and again if i feed main artifact i receiv x*1.3 power. if i feed secondary artifact it's stealing from main artifact and receive same x*1.3...

i understand catch up can be like:
    1. main artifact receiv x ap and all secondary receiv x*0.8 ap same time
    2. main artifact receive x ap or secondary receive x*20 ap from this source

Artifact Knowledge is not a catch up mechanic at all - blizzard trolling us...
    Last edited by ztn; 2016-06-11 at 08:37 PM.

Leveling two artifacts at the same time is not what people would normally refer to as "catching up", thats just leveling two at the same time.

"Catch up" would be if you add a second artifact a few months into the expansion, by that time you have plenty artifact knowledge and leveling the second artifact will be much faster than it took to level the first one originally - hence a catch up mechanic.

If for reasons you want to level two right from the start, you also need to do the extra work. They have commented on this in the interviews as well, the way the AP requirements scale you then face the choice of leveling your main artifact one more level for thousands and thousands of AP, or just use those to level up an offspec artifact to say 80% of your primary one for the same cost. It becomes a balancing act every player has to decide on.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2016-06-11 at 09:46 PM.

Except it doesn't help the people who make a new character or start playing mid way through the expac, catch up at all since all those artifact knowledge tiers are more or less gated.

Quote Originally Posted by Vurrin View Post
    Except it doesn't help the people who make a new character or start playing mid way through the expac, catch up at all since all those artifact knowledge tiers are more or less gated.
    Actually Artifact Knowledge is supposed to increase automatically as time passes to help new players or alts to catch up faster. How exactly it works eludes me, but thats pretty much what they have said.

What it seems to me, is over time things that reward artifact power will just reward more of it. It's not just for alts, they specifically mention people who are coming into the expansion late as well. So for example a quest that rewards 100 artifact power week 1, will reward 150 week 3, 300 week 6, etc. Not just for alts, for everyone.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Imo the rate of artifact power gained should be blanced around people that want to constantly change spec/level alts/only do parts of the expansion.

If you don't play the game you SHOULD lag behind people that put effort into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    they haven't made it yet
    but they plan to
    there is 2 months to make it
    don't worry
    -Proffesional Necromancer-