Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Wonder why I am not playing on a PvE server, and get a transfer to such. Problem solved.

7+ Year Old Account
    quick reminder that this is mainly a "what if" thread

even if you think its not possible i'm interested in what you would do in such case.

i know i would definitely try to crawl my way to the ruling class

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Log out and make a server transfer?
    but then they won ?

and i highly doubt everyone can afford that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Log out and make a server transfer?
    Or better yet, realm hop. It's free, and can even be done to a PvE realm.

If there really was no way out, such as a server transfer, I would just log out and wait until they get bored. If that doesn't help, reroll to a different server from scratch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Or better yet, realm hop. It's free, and can even be done to a PvE realm.
    Yup. That would work too. Just get a friend to invite you over to another realm.

Quote Originally Posted by xX 420 Sw4G-3l1te xX View Post
    i know i would definitely try to crawl my way to the ruling class
    I wouldn't. As if playing on such a server, even if you are in this "ruling class", would be fun - most likely it would be filled with people I wouldn't want to be around.

Quote Originally Posted by CrowleyXIV View Post
    I would not care. As in real life. If I would have lived in Germany during nazi time, doing nothing would have got me alive and without punishment.
    People should aspire to be unlike you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    I wouldn't. As if playing on such a server, even if you are in this "ruling class", would be fun - most likely it would be filled with people I wouldn't want to be around.
    cant disagree with that

interesting reactions, so far we got "do not care" and flee

10+ Year Old Account
    My Guild actually did something like that during MoP on the timeless isle, it was our own Banana Republic

Controlling the whole Island, taking tribute for passage over the Bridge and allowing other Guilds to Raid Ordos. We even wiped a 20 man Affenjungs INC Raid who tried to farm lowies on our Turf and got rid of those "PvE Lowlifes" for an extended period of time.

It can be done in an enclosed enviroment like the timeles isle, the whole server is a different thing.

Why would anyone (not from the controlling guild) play on that server?
    Server Transfer Fees, Attachement to your Mainchar, Guild, Ingame Friends.

Let's say that I have good PR, funds, sufficient manpower in both factions and influent allies such as guild masters and the like, i assume it would be possible to use the threat of spawn killing to ultimately bend everyone to my will.
    Something like that was done during Classic on Eredar-EU with the "Deviat Cartel", but all they did was controlling the market on both factions. However, IF you tried to sell your own Deviat on one of the 3 Auction Houses it was over for you. The Deviat Cartel had sufficent Manpower on both Factions and we saw a few Serverwide Manhunts.

But like i said above; like the Timeles Isle, Classic Servers were enclosed enviroments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    People should aspire to be unlike you.
    You will lose.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rehija View Post
    My Guild actually did something like that during MoP on the timeless isle, it was our own Banana Republic

Controlling the whole Island, taking tribute for passage over the Bridge and allowing other Guilds to Raid Ordos. We even wiped a 20 man Affenjungs INC Raid who tried to farm lowies on our Turf and got rid of those "PvE Lowlifes" for an extended period of time.

Something like that was done during Classic on Eredar-EU with the "Deviat Cartel", but all they did was controlling the market on both factions. However, IF you tried to sell your own Deviat on one of the 3 Auction Houses it was over for you. The Deviat Cartel had sufficent Manpower on both Factions and we saw a few Serverwide Manhunts.
    that is awesome

how did they react about being extorted ? any trouble with GMs ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rehija View Post
    There were some groups doing that on my server. All I had to do is play during times they weren't there.

There would be no way to control an entire server and every single zone like that 24/7 though so who cares.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I don't see how this would work let alone affect me in the slightest.

10+ Year Old Account
    how did they react about being extorted ? any trouble with GMs ?
    The Apes were genuinely pissed off, we cought them while one of them Mages was streaming. 10 Man ANG group rolled over the 20 Man Apes group, one minute later the stream was offline

We had absolutely no problems with GM´s whatsoever. The only thing was once were a GM virtually controlled if we did everything legit, after that we had a good laugh with said GM and an interesting conversation on our Teamspeak with him.

I quit Ogame once twice.
    Last edited by nextormento; 2016-06-12 at 12:33 AM.