Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    In a free market, the consumer has plenty of power. If a company does not produce a product the consumer wants, or cannot afford, the company fails. If the company does not act in a manner that the customer approves of, the company will eventually fail.

Once again, I have no problem if a company chooses to not reveal. However, it's employees (past and present) are free to reveal it is doing those things. Otherwise, we wouldn't be talking about it, since we would never find out,would we?

It just occurs to me, that you have no fucking clue what a free market actually is.
    The consumer has no power if they do not know what is going on which you have admitted you would allow the company to do. In fact in your nonsense philosophy the company could actually lie about it and it would be ok. Right? Oh but the employees could say something. Because no company has ever put non-disclosure in both employment and termination agreements. And if they manage to say something vs the money and power of the company, yeah that will go far.

Once again you support "freedom" for companies to do whatever they want. The consumer would have zero power to make that informed decision. You once again support "freedom" for those that have power and ignore the harm that does. I am for regulation of companies and their behavior and quite proudly at that. Because as this very thread demonstrates they can't be trusted.

Oh I understand the "free market" very well which is why I said it was another fantasy.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    In a free market, the consumer has plenty of power. If a company does not produce a product the consumer wants, or cannot afford, the company fails. If the company does not act in a manner that the customer approves of, the company will eventually fail.

Once again, I have no problem if a company chooses to not reveal. However, it's employees (past and present) are free to reveal it is doing those things. Otherwise, we wouldn't be talking about it, since we would never find out,would we?

It just occurs to me, that you have no fucking clue what a free market actually is.
    But in a truly free market, the company is entirely allowed to mask how it's acting. It can say "we employ 100% american workers only!" while having 4/5ths of its employees over seas. It can say "we safely dispose of all our toxic waste!" while they're dumping it on the shores of some third world country.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    The consumer has no power if they do not know what is going on which you have admitted you would allow the company to do. In fact in your nonsense philosophy the company could actually lie about it and it would be ok. Right? Oh but the employees could say something. Because no company has ever put non-disclosure in both employment and termination agreements. And if they manage to say something vs the money and power of the company, yeah that will go far.

Once again you support "freedom" for companies to do whatever they want. The consumer would have zero power to make that informed decision. You once again support "freedom" for those that have power and ignore the harm that does. I am for regulation of companies and their behavior and quite proudly at that. Because as this very thread demonstrates they can't be trusted.

Oh I understand the "free market" very well which is why I said it was another fantasy.
    They have a way of knowing, the employees can tell them. If the employees care, they can speak up.

7+ Year Old Account
    They have a way of knowing, the employees can tell them. If the employees care, they can speak up.
    LOl. And in yet another post you demonstrate how your philosophy is nothing but empty nonsense ignoring the real world. Well done.

But you ignored my point about a Company lying. In your philosophy it would be perfectly permittable for a company to lie about what they are doing. Right?

LOl. And in yet another post you demonstrate how your philosophy is nothing but empty nonsense ignoring the real world. Well done.

But you ignored my point about a Company lying. In your philosophy it would be perfectly permittable for a company to lie about what they are doing. Right?
    I don't give a damn if a company lies, just as I don't give a damn if a person lies. Catch them in their lies, and hold them accountable. That's what a truly informed populace will do.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't give a damn if a company lies, just as I don't give a damn if a person lies. Catch them in their lies, and hold them accountable. That's what a truly informed populace will do.
    And there cemented is why your philosophy is nonsense. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Many times when an employee quits it does harm the company. Besides, I never said that companies couldnt fire anyone. What I said is they should be penalized for intentionally replacing US labor with foreign labor.

- - - Updated - - -

A free market is only free for the short amount of time it takes those with more power to exploit those with less power.
    When that happens, whose fault is it? If you say the politicians that let themselves be bought, welcome to Libertarian-ism 101: Only Powerful Governments are Powerful

- - - Updated - - -

And there cemented is why your philosophy is nonsense. Thank you.
    I think you missed his nuanced point that neither is guilty just for existing. You can't blame Coca-Cola for the things Ford did.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    How exactly do you fine someone for doing something legal?

It shouldnt be legal, how about that. H1B is meant to only be used to fill spots that can NOT be filled by workers in the USA it isnt meant to be the cheap route to cheap labour

The employees decided to take the money, they could have spoken up. Aren't you also angry at them?

Like I said, I have no problem if a company lies. I only care if they harm someone else. Being lied to is not harm.

7+ Year Old Account
    The employees decided to take the money, they could have spoken up. Aren't you also angry at them?

Like I said, I have no problem if a company lies. I only care if they harm someone else. Being lied to is not harm.
    Thank you for continuing to demonstrate my points.

Thank you for continuing to demonstrate my points.
    How is that incorrect?

Are you harmed whenever someone lies to you?

You want a government, which has no inclination to be transparent, to demand transparency from others... all at your behest. And you wonder how corporatism is allowed to continue...

7+ Year Old Account
    How is that incorrect?

Are you harmed whenever someone lies to you?

You want a government, which has no inclination to be transparent, to demand transparency from others... all at your behest. And you wonder how corporatism is allowed to continue...
    If you don't understand why it's incorrect at this point of your life I am not going to waste my time trying to explain it to you. But I do note you keep proving my point when you post nonsense like that.

If you don't understand why it's incorrect at this point of your life I am not going to waste my time trying to explain it to you. But I do note you keep proving my point when you post nonsense like that.
    You dodged the question.

7+ Year Old Account
    You dodged the question.
    No I said I am not wasting my time with you. In fact this is my last post on this with you. You have clearly have proven my points about the vacuous nature of your philosophy and my job is done.

No I said I am not wasting my time with you. In fact this is my last post on this with you. You have clearly have proven my points about the vacuous nature of your philosophy and my job is done.
    You continue to want to claim harm, but have shown nothing. Instead, you just want to use the government to force your beliefs onto others. You want to do the exact same thing that corporatists do.