Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gombado View Post
    It's like youre expecting the rapist leave a note signed 'I did it' along with a semen & hair sample. Mostly why this is so infuriating is because. I cannot imagine any situation where youd go 'yeah this person was raped/sexually assaulted'. And leave this verdict entirely with the qatari justice system, which is nearly as ridiculous as making sex without being married illegal.

This happens a lot more in society nowadays where different cant be backwards and stupid because that gets you in trouble with one of the -isms. Just because their laws are different dont make them right, acceptable or even tolerable. The only reason these situations exist is because itd be too much of a bother to adress at this time.

The problem is that the article presented doesn't state there was any evidence indicating that she was raped. So we are left to assume this is a case of she said and he said.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    The problem is that the article presented doesn't state there was any evidence indicating that she was raped. So we are left to assume this is a case of she said and he said.
    Which is nearly always the case. All the offender has to do is say 'It was consensual' and theres reasonable doubt.

Anyway, Iphie send some other sources I hadn't read before and some things do seem more fishy. Definetly not 3 months in prison fishy but still.. fishy.

Also the verdict is out:
    -1 year on perole and 750 euro fine for Laura.

100 whip lashes for sexual intercourses and 40 for consuming alcohol for the presumed offender. (and not a word about rape anywhere)

.. what exactly is the legal standard for a 'whip lash'? Does the qatari goverment employ professional lashers or.. (I've seen some videos like public floggings on the square to strike fear into the ppluh but is this that?)

Deleted
    Which is nearly always the case. All the offender has to do is say 'It was consensual' and theres reasonable doubt.

Anyway, Iphie send some other sources I hadn't read before and some things do seem more fishy. Definetly not 3 months in prison fishy but still.. fishy.

Also the verdict is out:
    -1 year on perole and 750 euro fine for Laura.

100 whip lashes for sexual intercourses and 40 for consuming alcohol for the presumed offender. (and not a word about rape anywhere)

.. what exactly is the legal standard for a 'whip lash'? Does the qatari goverment employ professional lashers or.. (I've seen some videos like public floggings on the square to strike fear into the ppluh but is this that?)
    100 whip lashes. Oh jesus. I know that they arent all done in a single sitting. I think they are spread across a few days.
    Barbarians gonna barbar.

Not sure what's their MO about lashes. "Professional lasher" sounds fun though.

I'm happy for her that she managed to get away without any severe punishment.
    But according to the Dutch media, this may have been her own fault. Apparantly she lied to her mother and friends about going to France, when she instead went to Quatar.
    The girl she travelled with is listed as a prostitute on Dutch websites and has apparantly been to Quatar multiple times (also other countries) take a guess why. She also fled Quatar the night after Laura got arrested, why a real friend leave her in prison alone?

She went to the appartment with the syrian man to have sex for money, but they argued over the amount and instead the man paid her nothing. As a result she saw it as rape (is it?) and went to the police with her rape story.

Here in Holland a prostitute can file a police report if a client doesn't pay, this girl probably didn't read Quatar laws.
    Anyway I doubt anyone knows what really happened over there, although it doesn't surprise me if this story is true. Young girls that are offered alot of money in return for sex in other countries, sucks for them that not every country is like ours, where you can get away with most things.

Not trying to defend Quatar here, because I still think it is a shithole with laws that belong in the stone age, just tired of people playing and claiming to be a victim.

is the rapist also getting prison sentence in addition to the lashes? i assume he does

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Not sure what's their MO about lashes. "Professional lasher" sounds fun though.
    Something to tell your grandkids :P

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Qatar is sending her back to Holland. (1 year imprisonment if she returns to Qatar)

The rapist is getting 100 whiplashes (for the rape) and 40 for drinking alcohol.

Source: http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws/buitenland/1.2681408
    Sorry, I couldn't understand the article language, so is 100 whiplashes punishment of the rape or adultery?

Edit: here is an article on daily mail.
    Last edited by HumbleDuck; 2016-06-13 at 02:25 PM.

Stood in the Fire ShadowofVashj's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    In the basement of Oribos playing cards with fellow Ebon Knights and Cartel members.
    Honestly, regardless of this particular woman's truthfulness about being raped or not, why would ANY western woman (or any woman for that matter) choose to vacation in a place where if they are the victim of a crime, they could be punished like a criminal?

Like wtf is the matter with people?

And I'm not victim blaming, or saying it's the victims fault, but you are dealing with a culture that is stuck in it's ways, does not seek really any cultural diffusion whatsoever, and is theocratic which is by nature not a logical based system of governance.

I hope the victim recovers from this incident, and more people start being more culturally aware of destinations they choose to go.
    Last edited by ShadowofVashj; 2016-06-13 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Grammatical change.

Ehat bothers me is your neutral 'dont rock the boat' attitude of superb understanding and tolerance to an absolutely disghusting situation.Im sick and tired of every discussion being mired in political correctness and tolerance. Imo it seems common sense can only lose with your 'extremely tolerant' attitude, people like trump (the far end of the other side of the spectrum) are a direct result of this... Which is just as bad!!
    Yes, that part seems to be the core of your problem: You had a preconception about others, then found some post you interpreted to fit it and then let loose on a rant riddled with swearwords. Simply on an assumption you made over others without bothering to try and understand what they are writing. You just quote them an pretend they hold the position that fits your narrative and gives you a pretext to rant at them.

You are out to cause a rucktus for sake of blowing off steam, to relieve whatever stress you have accumulated. You really do not care about the topic at hand at all, just for the pretext it presents. If you really did care for this, then you would spend some time to think, and to pick your battles. Why do you insist we should try and attack them where they are strongest, where they can just defeat us with our own arguments? Because you only care for the fireworks, not for the outcome.

Deleted
    I have the solution! Let's build a wall around them! Then give them sticks and stones so they can enjoy their dark age laws and accustoms in peace without outside interruptions.

7+ Year Old Account
    Odd, lashes hasn't been on vogue in tazeer punishments. Well I guess it's because he caused too much of a ruckus.
    Or it could have been that it was only illicit sex.

Quote Originally Posted by Jobisi View Post
    She went to the appartment with the syrian man to have sex for money, but they argued over the amount and instead the man paid her nothing. As a result she saw it as rape (is it?) and went to the police with her rape story.
    If she was denied the money after having sex it might be seen as fraud instead (because she was willing to commit the act, but her payment was withold), it might also be seen as an attempt of fraud by her (if she later demanded more). That part is unlikely to be possible to prove either way.
    Given this account of what supposedly happend one thing is for certain though: If it happened that way then she broke the law without being forced. Ignorance is no excuse.

Under those circumstances she got of very easy, if there wasn't any additional evidence or testimonies brought up in the hearing then we have to assume it was because she was a foreigner. (Both for diplomatic reasons and because they are more concerned about their citizens keeping up the law than those just using their airport.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drazail View Post
    Sorry, I couldn't understand the article language, so is 100 whiplashes punishment of the rape or adultery?

Edit: here is an article on daily mail.
    For "having sex with a person not their spouse" apparently.
    Something both of them were deemed guilty of.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Yes, that part seems to be the core of your problem: You had a preconception about others, then found some post you interpreted to fit it and then let loose on a rant riddled with swearwords. Simply on an assumption you made over others without bothering to try and understand what they are writing. You just quote them an pretend they hold the position that fits your narrative and gives you a pretext to rant at them.

You are out to cause a rucktus for sake of blowing off steam, to relieve whatever stress you have accumulated. You really do not care about the topic at hand at all, just for the pretext it presents. If you really did care for this, then you would spend some time to think, and to pick your battles. Why do you insist we should try and attack them where they are strongest, where they can just defeat us with our own arguments? Because you only care for the fireworks, not for the outcome.
    I think you are projecting or very imaginitive.. or both ofcourse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    For "having sex with a person not their spouse" apparently.
    Something both of them were deemed guilty of.
    Yes.

Because in Qatar, if you report a rape, you are automatically guilty of adultery unless you can prove you were raped. To prove rape, you need eyewitnesses - men - who will testify that you were raped.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Deleted
    Well you know what happens if you go to those countries, their laws are very clear. Not to mention, she didn't get raped, she apparently got paid for the fuck, thus she broke like 3-4 laws intentionally, so she doesn't have to come cry about it when she gets arrested. She's a muslim and she very well knows the tough laws and punishments regarding having sexual relations with someone you aren't married with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    Yes.

Because in Qatar, if you report a rape, you are automatically guilty of adultery unless you can prove you were raped. To prove rape, you need eyewitnesses - men - who will testify that you were raped.
    Not only that, you need to stick to your story, and not change it every day like she did.

7+ Year Old Account
    if I were a woman an islamic theocracy is probably the last place on earth I'd ever go to

it's hard not to say she had it coming

she is going to be deported according to the guardian