Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
Morality has been an aspect of humanity ever since it "woke up" 50k years ago, roughly.
It was...is...used to justify religion among other things. It wasn't the other way around that so many want to believe. That's why it still has so much power in our lives today. I believe that to deny the existence of morality is to deny our ever growing humanity. I look at such smaller examples of evil in the likes of Jeffrey Dahmer..and then the greater examples seen in the Holocaust (acts committed upon whole populations) and Nazi Germany (acts committed towards their own)
To me acknowledging morality is to say I'm human.
Having a lack of morality? My examples posted.
I didn't talk about a human made concept called "morality" but about right or wrong. If you were an outside observer watching the earth and all the earthling species and you saw a shark killing a human or vice verca or a human killing a human not for food, you wouldnt state those actions as right neither wrong. That was my point
Morality doesnt make us human, our biology makes us human. Our biology enables us to actually have "thinking" and create an idea called "morality"