Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    Damn. And I thought I was being harsh.

Sterilizing people.
    Outright killing them all because of "no guarantee".

You folks scare me.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. But until they actually do the crime I can't see myself killing them. I'd rather try and habilyaye them or lock the away.

And animal abuse? A lot of people will consider you evil and snap to kill you too. I doubt someone will take kindly to you killing their mother because she beat the dog for shitying on the carpet.

Morals are weird like that. Different for all people and a hard line can't be drawn. Many will take your inaction in killing someone they feel deserves it as a sign of evil. And vice versa.

And the we end up in a world where many people are dead cause of you (before they even did anything) and all they have is your word.

You will be deemed evil.
    lol it's a sick world we live in where im evil for killing of people in that article, i would be doing the world a favor by killing those two. Instead they will sit on death row for years costing tons of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    What if they're only 87.355% evil?
    Just redefine "evil" so that it is binary.
    "Everyone Noradin deems so" would be nice workable definition to start out with in my opinion, if you have any other propositions I can review them for you

(Keep in mind that that still wouldn't make "murder" justified, as murder is unjustified per definition.)

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Just redefine "evil" so that it is binary.
    "Everyone Noradin deems so" would be nice workable definition to start out with in my opinion, if you have any other propositions I can review them for you

Let's say I got mad and raped a lizard.

You k ow I'll do it. But let's say a year later I am cured of my urges and I start a shelter for raped lizards and get them veterinary care.

Am I evil?

I'm not saying to execute them. If they are on appeal they can take their ass to solitary. If they are overturned then of course their slate gets wiped clean and maybe even give them some cash and set them up with a good career.
    If they come out of it sane and otherwise you keep them locked up until further notice to protect them and other citizens, you mean?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    I would snap my fingers and kill all evil people if i could, would clear up some space on this planet.
    Would that include you?
    Going from that statement it seems to me that it would have to, and if you did it and didn't include yourself then that at least would make you evil.

If they come out of it sane and otherwise you keep them locked up until further notice to protect them and other citizens, you mean?
    No.

I mean that if you are not on appeal, your ass is digging coal.

If you are on appeal, you sit your ass in some other part of the prison and you don't have to work. Get a monopoly game or some shit to keep busy. Even have a radio play or whatever. Basically, you are exempt from being treated like a murdering evil psycho.

And remember. This isn't all prisons. Just where the worst of the worst go. If you get nabbed for stealing candy you go to club med with bars.

And finally. Do you complain this hard about the folks talking about castrating kids and mirdwring people before they commit the crime? Cause I think my way is a hell of a lot more humane. Seeing as how death is permanent and all.

Damn. And I thought I was being harsh.

Sterilizing people.
    Outright killing them all because of "no guarantee".

You folks scare me.
    Yes, they present rather scary demonstrations of evil in some of those posts.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's say I got mad and raped a lizard.

You k ow I'll do it. But let's say a year later I am cured of my urges and I start a shelter for raped lizards and get them veterinary care.

Am I evil?
    Only if I were to deem you so and I cannot be bothered in this case :P

- - - Updated - - -

Would that include you?
    Going from that statement it seems to me that it would have to, and if you did it and didn't include yourself then that at least would make you evil.
    Evil for wanting to kill those in that article? did you even read it?

Yes it is, to save the animals next victim.

If we have evidence that someone is evil, has committed evil acts in the past, plans to commit more evil acts, then yes, they should be wiped from the face of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Laraven View Post
    I would kill someone who hurt my family or children. 100% No doubts, no regrets. The though of jail for life over it does not scare me. I highly doubt I would be put to death for a revenge killing being a crime of passion.
    You doubt you'd be put to death for that crime, yet you write you wouldn't even have doubts or regrets over killing another human. So aren't you 100% evil and unrepentant? Sure, that other human hurt your family, but your first instinct is insensitive murder? Then wouldn't you have to die as well for being wholly evil?

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    im all for revenge. if someone killed my family, id do far worse to them before offing em.
    So your plan is to laboriously torture another human, probably over a longer period of time, until eventually killing them? Aren't you then the same type of evil that should be "removed"?

Do you people even think things through before writing? Human life is not based on some primal instincts, at least not anymore, where you have to act as a vicious animal.
    Last edited by Diaspar; 2016-06-12 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Extra quote

No.

I mean that if you are not on appeal, your ass is digging coal.

If you are on appeal, you sit your ass in some other part of the prison and you don't have to work. Get a monopoly game or some shit to keep busy. Even have a radio play or whatever. Basically, you are exempt from being treated like a murdering evil psycho.

And remember. This isn't all prisons. Just where the worst of the worst go. If you get nabbed for stealing candy you go to club med with bars.

And finally. Do you complain this hard about the folks talking about castrating kids and mirdwring people before they commit the crime? Cause I think my way is a hell of a lot more humane. Seeing as how death is permanent and all.
    That would lead to everyone being on appeal all the time and cost untold ammounts of money?

And are you aware that many rulings were later overturned without the accused (and convicted) being on appeal?
    Are you fine with them getting abused and driven insane? Wouldn't setting up such a system count as truly evil, I certainly think it should count as abuse, potentially homicide (unjustified and unjustificable at that) if it leads to people killing themselfes.

Deleted
    In theory I would support killing someone who was evil. Problem is who gets to decide what counts as evil. We might not all agree on a definition.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Evil for wanting to kill those in that article? did you even read it?
    For wanting to kill and wanting to be the one to decide whom.
    In the text of you that I quoted you wrote about "killing all evil people" not about the ones in the article. Even there, killing is bad.
    I do not agree with giving out capital punishment to sentinent beings. Ever. There might be times where it is unavoidable, but it is never a thing to be content with.
    Last edited by Noradin; 2016-06-12 at 09:57 AM.

Death penalty is only adequate sentence for murder, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawny View Post
    In theory I would support killing someone who was evil. Problem is who gets to decide what counts as evil. We might not all agree on a definition.
    Well if ever there is someone who tries to sort all people into the two subjective categories of "not-yet-evil" and "evil" for the evil ones to be then killed off on their say-so, that one would certainly count as evil in my book. I wouldn't make it my goal to kill them off, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SandMax View Post
    Death penalty is only adequate sentence for murder, period.
    Death penalty is never an adequate sentence for anything. There is no one who could make such a judgement and call it just.

Well if ever there is someone who tries to sort all people into the two subjective categories of "not-yet-evil" and "evil" for the evil ones to be then killed off on their say-so, that one would certainly count as evil in my book. I wouldn't make it my goal to kill them off, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Death penalty is never an adequate sentence for anything. There is no one who could make such a judgement and call it just.
    Justice is harmony.

15+ Year Old Account
    Defining what is evil and what is good as basis for punishment would mean to go back before the times of rule of law, heck, even law itself. Law is not about not punishing evil, it is about people who want to prevent evil becoming evil themselves which ultimately happens when you've had seen enough of it.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by SandMax View Post
    Justice is harmony.
    You are another prime candidate for "evil", you just revealed yourself with your throughtless comment, admit it! :P

Ignore all ideological or philosophical arguments from the many clowns that roam these forums, if someone rapes/murder your kin or even friend without a good reason go for it (for rape?), just don't get caught. The reason many people are against it is because they're brainwashed from day 1 that murder is always bad and then they stand there like clueless imbeciles when the criminal gets out of jail and keeps on killin'.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Personally I'm of a view that the worth of human life is overrated, especially in western countries.

But, IMO it's naive to only consider this as a black/white issue. A person can have redeeming qualities even though he has comitted acts of evil.

Everything from animal abusers and up.
    So we should start killing the owners and employees of chains like KFC, McDonalds etc, the slaughterhouse workers and the farmers who produce their meat? Because those are the worst cases of animal abuse in the world today. In my view people owning and breeding flat nosed dogs should be in this group too, since these dogs live their lives in misery due to these traits.