Deleted

Just resubbed, couple of pvp related Q's

hey guys

I have just returned pre legion, i mainly do PvP so had a few questions.

1. Is it still a case of having to be alliance? is the human racial thing still the go to for pvp? Or can i play as horde as I prefer

2. How is it best to gear? just random BG's? I assume everyone will be max gear and im basically fresh 100 so need to know what kind of route to take here.

Appreciate any advice

10+ Year Old Account
    PvP in general is the best way to start getting geared, even for PvE. Ashran is probably the fastest outside of a bonus honor week.

I'm not the best at PvP knowledge but I would assume that the Human racial is still the best. As for which faction to play, I honestly believe that you'll get a better experience from BGs as Alliance. I just recently hit 100 on my Alliance character and have noticed an overall far more enjoyable experience in BGs compared to playing as Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by infernouk View Post
    hey guys

1. Is it still a case of having to be alliance? is the human racial thing still the go to for pvp? Or can i play as horde as I prefer

2. How is it best to gear? just random BG's? I assume everyone will be max gear and im basically fresh 100 so need to know what kind of route to take here.

Appreciate any advice
    1. Humans racial is still the superior in rated pvp.

2. Spam ashran as much as possible for artifact fragments and massive honor gains until you have full honor gear.
    Then you just play arenas until you have full gear.

There are weekly events which increase the amount of honor you get from skirmishes and battlegrounds.
    Focus your gaming sessiosn on those events and you will be geared in no time!

Deleted
    Cheers guys! sucks that alliance still have the monopoly though

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    PvP in general is the best way to start getting geared, even for PvE. Ashran is probably the fastest outside of a bonus honor week.
    Battleground bonus week doubles the Ashran event honor too.

Deleted
    When are these bonus weeks?

When are these bonus weeks?
    Check in e IG calendar, not that it is remotely necessary. Collecting treasures in Ashran can have you geared in about six hours.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    hey guys

Appreciate any advice
    1. At the moment? Yeah. In Legion they're making faction-specific ladders, so people will be transferring Horde in Legion. Will probably take a while for people to start moving there though, will be once the title cutoffs get close. Racials are a bit overrated, you're not going to get an extra 500 rating because you're a human. The problem is that the only place where you can really find partners is Alliance. Faction-specific ladders should fix that a bit.

2. Either wait til one of those battleground weekly events pops up (check in-game calendar) which can gear you in like 4 hours if you just spam BG, or spam ashran. Most people are max gear but it doesn't really matter. The point of BGs is to gear.

hey guys

Appreciate any advice
    1- Win rates at the moment are about A56/H44 in the US, A52/H48 EU. The human racial is a minimal dps increase only worth going for if you are doing high end arenas(2500+) otherwise there are other superior racials like Gift of the Naaru, Escape Artist, Stoneform, Shadowmeld. if you're in EU you can just pick horde and the BE, Orc, Troll(depending on class) racials are all very strong.

2- Do Ashran until you get full 700 gear which should take around 12-16 hours of Ashran, less if you're a Rogue. Then just do Arenas/BGs/Ashran to get 710 gear, preferably Arenas. Rated bgs take too long to put together i wouldn't use them as a mean to gear, besides nobody is going to pick an undergeared toon unless you're a boomkin, shadow priest or lock.