If I make a copy of my WTF folder...

And then delete the original and it doesn't fix my issue, will replacing it with the copy return it to how it was? Don't want to lose all my setting for no reason.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it should be fine, after you replace the original.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamohn View Post
    Yes.

Don't act like it's a dumb question. It's one of those things that seems like common sense but when you put the file back something random is screwed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Don't act like it's a dumb question. It's one of those things that seems like common sense but when you put the file back something random is screwed up.
    I'm not sure that he's making light of it.

I think the extra "dot-dot-dot"s were to get around the "minimum ten characters required to post."

7+ Year Old Account
    And then delete the original and it doesn't fix my issue, will replacing it with the copy return it to how it was? Don't want to lose all my setting for no reason.
    If deleting your original WTF folder does fix your issue you don't necessarily have to lose all of your settings though. You can copy over one addon's settings at a time that way you lose as little as possible while having your issue fixed.

You could also explain what issue you have and maybe we could assist you with it as well.

Auctioneer is working on one toon but not another. Also I kinda wanted to just clear all that out to start fresh since I never have.

Yeah cause I doubt those dots were to get around the 10 character limit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Auctioneer is working on one toon but not another. Also I kinda wanted to just clear all that out to start fresh since I never have.
    Is it possible that you have that addon disabled for that specific toon that it isn't working on? Starting out fresh with addons can be a fun and annoying experience at the same time.

Deleted
    Don't just do WTF. Interface + WTF is all you need to backup the entire user-configuration. Just keep those two copied and all the rest can just be redownloaded.

You can even have 2 completely different computers with only WTF + Interface being synced and the configurations will be identical.

Depending on the addon, you also have the option perhaps of either copying the profile of another character or deleting the profile for that character.
    If the addon is Ace3 based, then chances are you will find that under the addon options.

Indeed, if you want a proper backup then do both.
    WTF is the configuration, the saved variables for your addons and the game client settings.
    Interface is your addons, and in some cases additional media such as textures, sounds or fonts.
    If you have done a replacement of the fonts by actual file replacement, then backup the Fonts folder as well.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-06-13 at 10:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.