Poll: Staying, rolling Shaman or rerolling something else?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    ironic since hunters broke shamans in wod, since they share mail gear, apart from fire nova, hunter is just a better shaman.

- - - Updated - - -

yeh lava burst was missing about 48% damage from live, and on live lava burst is still underpowered lol, i remember being like wtf? why is this move called lava burst, i've used it for years but this shit is more like lava caress, or tiny burn from a hot cigarette.
    I'm not talking about damage or utility, i'm talking about playability. Shamans (i just tried ele in WoD) at least have a fluid gameplay in WoD, even if the numbers are too low. But hunters in Legion aren't even fun to play. BM has some great ideas with dire beast and a second permanent pet, but being focus starved with nothing to do is a terrible gameplay. MM is just weird, they probably flipped coins to choose the abilities for the specc, there are no synergies whatsoever. I admit, it havent tried SV, that specc is my last hope.

Enhancement Shaman is on my list of potential mains for sure ... I still haven't fully decided what I'm going to do if I end up having to DPS. I know if they let me main a tanking class I'm going to do DH because it looks pretty sweet and I've always wanted to be a DH, but I think the DH dps spec looks kind of meh ... so I'm either gonna do Frost DK, or Enh Shaman.

Deleted
    I'm abandoning the Hunter class after 2 expansions. Only liked SV, which is now another clunky melee specc.

I'm still torn between shaman (most likely enh, love the doomhammer/offhand idea, hate being melee) and shadow priest (ranged, but never liked multi dotting, also hate the artefact dagger, but love those tentacle stuff).

I'll wait for final nurfs, wouldn't be suprised if they hit enh with -50% on everthing nerf bat again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayelar View Post
    I'm not talking about damage or utility, i'm talking about playability. Shamans (i just tried ele in WoD) at least have a fluid gameplay in WoD, even if the numbers are too low. But hunters in Legion aren't even fun to play. BM has some great ideas with dire beast and a second permanent pet, but being focus starved with nothing to do is a terrible gameplay. MM is just weird, they probably flipped coins to choose the abilities for the specc, there are no synergies whatsoever. I admit, it havent tried SV, that specc is my last hope.
    if you just tried it you're a noob to the spec, and it has horrible gameplay, low mobility on fights requiring a lot of movement, worst target swap ability, no ability to quickly finish adds, no utility for the raid mechanics.

if you're talking about oh flame shock lvb lightning bolt rotation etc, who cares? thats not interesting when it functions so badly in raids, it's not about numbers it's about being able to do the jobs required of a dps in raids, and hunters just blow away elemental.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably going from Elemental to Enhance.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihiel View Post
    I'm returning to shaman
    This. Hard.

I voted for "roll a Shaman" even though I've played one since release.

Troll Shaman in Beta: had to abandon it when my friends went Alliance.
    Dreanei Shaman in TBC: Didn't like Enhance.
    WotLK: Raided as Ele, but wanted to play Enhance.
    Cat: Race changed to a Dwarf!!!!!!!!!, tried Enhance, hated it, played Death Knight.
    MoP: Tried Enhance, hated it, played Death Knight.
    WoD: Tried Enhance, hated it, played Death Knight.
    Legion: Hoping to finally enjoy Enhance. Outlook good.
    Last edited by Futhark; 2016-06-17 at 03:15 PM. Reason: forgot Cat was a thing

Deleted
    Rolling enh!

Been following legion updates and class changes for months and was quite torn between unholy DK, sub rogue, SP, fury war and fire mage. But enh kills it. Who doesn't want to wield Doomhammer??!!! It must be amazing. So yep. Enh it is. The spell animations, lightning revamp, crazy aoe strength, so far good ST damage will do. And overall the word is the gameplay is pretty fun.

Enh was one of the specs I never played before, but I recently levelled one and been having a blast preparing it for launch.

Thinking of going Enhance for Legion. It's between it, unholy or fury at the moment.
    Will need to try it out in the pre-patch before making a choice since I got no beta invite.

I switched mains in WoD but it ended up being really awkward after having a shaman main for 4 expansions so I'm re-maining shaman in Legion for my own best.

Resto will be the obvious choice for the higher demand but off-spec will be difficult because I haven't bothered gathering enhancement gear since cata and elemental is rather dull except their artifact is kinda cool.
    Last edited by Saft; 2016-06-15 at 12:23 PM.

So bored of topping meters as a mage so im rolling Ele this time. When the first class previews came out i got so excited by shadow priest, but nearing the end of beta, if you want to play all 3 specs, i feel like shaman is better all-around class compared to priest.

Deleted
    I´m staying shaman and will always do so untill i grow bored of the game.

I might give you some credits from, Celestalon and his nonsense, about us stepping up, it has nothing to do about that, and he clearly plays a mage himself, not a shaman.

To answer your questions to it´s full essential my good friend, I´ll Stay Ele for now in Beta, however i also have a 2nd 110 shaman which is Enhance, and that is much more strong atm, and more fun and much more clean, and beautyfull animations omg!

However i´ll keep a hunter, a dk tank, and a DH and a Mage as alts

Deleted
    Id love to roll back to my enhancment shaman after a few expansions as Warrior. But tbh Id be surprised if shamans dont get a really big nerf right before the expansion hits.. I mean shamans aint meant to be good!

Deleted
    Since I'm straight up a retard and that I guess I like being benched (lol) I'm gonna play shaman switching between enhance and ele.

Wish me luck for not being benched once again on progress.

Enhancement looks badass, doomhammer is awesome, best artifact traits and it seems enh shammy might actually be competitive in pve. Rerolling from mage.

After playing on the PTR, I am so very conflicted about Enhancement.

On one hand:

I really like the new build dump mechanics better than I thought it would. The spec feels very fluid when I'm fighting the target dummy, and this is using Rockbiter + Hot Hand OR Boulderfist. Chaining Stormstrikes with Stormbringer feels good.

On the other hand:

There's a lot of bitter pills to swallow.

1) Utility totems are now down to just 2 ( 1 from talents, 1 from PvP talents), losing grounding, earthbind, and tremor will be felt heavily in PvP and
    maybe even PvE as after recently doing Challenge Mode Golds I realized how essential these were to some dungeons

2) Another PvP issue, but we no longer have a DoT mechanic --- and we already had a hard matchup against stealth classes

3) Abilities we've had before, some which are iconic to Shaman class, are now in the talent tree, and to make it worse, share a row with talents
    otherwise considered mandatory, OR cool new abilities, making the choice feel bad

Ex. Lightning Shield ( the second ability you ever learn in game since Classic) is now a talent, and shares row with former
    essential talent Ancestral Swiftness
    Ascendance, our big DPS cooldown, is now a talent and shares a row with cool new abilities Earthen Spike, making it feel
    like a choice between our actual toolkit or something new #feelsbadman

4) Our AoE went from strongest in the game, to non-existent. RIP Fire Nova

So the good --- The Spec plays faster and a lot smoother than any other build dumper I've tried. The Bad --- I just don't visually feel like I'm a shaman anymore. I'm not casting lightning bolt, I don't have lightning shield (except at the expense of another integral talent), and I don't feel as I can effectively choose new toys without giving up what has been part of my toolkit for the past 4+ years.

So my verdict is still out. I don't enjoy having things that were baseline stripped away and shoved into talents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing Elemental since 2009 as my main but now with the prepatch I'm starting to think I need to swap to something else, shame I don't have any other casters at 100. This isn't looking good at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruiru View Post
    I've been playing Elemental since 2009 as my main but now with the prepatch I'm starting to think I need to swap to something else, shame I don't have any other casters at 100. This isn't looking good at all.
    Join us as enhancement shamans! You get the most iconic weapon in the game and its so much fun! I admit I'm apprehensive about being in melee range but I'm sure you will get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by wushootaki View Post
    4) Our AoE went from strongest in the game, to non-existent. RIP Fire Nova
    wat

Crash Lightning is life. Crash Lightning is love.
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon.

Deleted
    Im rerolling from holy priest to enhancement/resto

10+ Year Old Account
    Always been a Warlock but kinda tired with them (boring at Range and being behind Mages all the time becomes dull) so will be trying out Enhancement for Legion. I love the feel of being a Melee lately and having a wide variety of abilities seems something I'd love to explore more going into Legion.
    It does seem that ever since DoT-Snapshotting was removed, a lot of people moved away from Warlocks/Feral and went to something which is similar in gameplay-wise but still something different. (just my 2 cents ^^.)
    Let's hope Enhancement will be worth it and people will want one for Raids. (although the Melee-problem might be an issue)

Edit: I forgot the Doomhammer ^^ !
    Last edited by Mhyroth; 2016-06-16 at 11:17 PM.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".