Poll: Staying, rolling Warrior or rerolling something else?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    If you raid at any serious level, you'll be able to play both (For all of those torn between 2 melee classes). Split raids and all that

Quote Originally Posted by Tangman View Post
    If you raid at any serious level, you'll be able to play both (For all of those torn between 2 melee classes). Split raids and all that
    Jokes aside, that's not true at all. Very few guilds run split raids (and even less run them effectively). It grew popular for awhile and every R100+ guild tried running a second or even third(!) split, but the vast majority waste more time than they make up in gear progression.

Deleted
    Re-rolling from it. :/

Going for a Holy paladin, if i end up playing WoW at all.

It's not so much the actual warrior changes or what not, cause Warrior looks awesome, not gonna lie.

But it's the whole thing of that the Holy palas look like they did in TBC, and i was used to that playstyle, so, yeah, i'ma try that out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Jokes aside, that's not true at all. Very few guilds run split raids (and even less run them effectively). It grew popular for awhile and every R100+ guild tried running a second or even third(!) split, but the vast majority waste more time than they make up in gear progression.
    Really? Hot daym, then I was informed very poorly. I haven't raided in WoW since BRF cos of real life stuff happening and before then I haven't raided for a long time. Friends informed me its all about split raids, even looking at Laget, they plan on tri-split raids, so I actually thought that was still "the In thing". I'll have to see how my luck goes for legion, will try to get into proper raiding again (been doing it in FF14 long now cos of fitting hours). No split raids sounds kinda neat, but once you're gated at heroic and progressing mythic I'd imagine split raids still would be a thing, or rather that is how it was explained.

I would logically assume that more gear split across the raid is a thing, even in FF14 some guilds do it, have 2 or 3 teams and gear people up for the "main" team so you've got maximized loot and maximized team for the race.
    Last edited by mmoc96f3bf9e48; 2016-06-22 at 12:35 AM.

Warriors one of the only classes they made a little bit better. Protection feels about the same for me but a little bit better than wod. Same with arms and fury. Its one of the few classes ill keep enjoying.

Deleted
    I actually genuinely enjoy Protection of Legion, even though I'm not 100% sure how exactly IP works, if it reduces the "shield" or if it just flat out for its duration ignores the damage it states, haven't really bothered that much to look at it.

Is it more of a shield for X damage and everything over X goes through? Or is it a Blood Shield. I've heard both, but not properly tested myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangman View Post
    Friends informed me its all about split raids, even looking at Laget, they plan on tri-split raids, so I actually thought that was still "the In thing".
    It became really popular for a time and every guild was trying it, but most failed spectacularly. Normal guilds just don't have the time, or the time investment in said alts to really make it worthwhile. Of course, there are always random guilds who have no business bothering that try to do it, but I'd say they are the outliers at this point. Unless you're competing for top 20 or so, most guilds don't bother.

Deleted
    Yeah, that does kind of make sense. Thanks for clearing that up!

Now lets see them class balance changes in the upcoming patch!

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure yet. I am disappointed with tanking in general and may just go DPS. However I have been tanking for 4 expansions now and not sure if I want to make the change. Usually I main a war and alt another toon... maybe just main a different class this go around. Fury is looking pretty good, haven't looked at arms yet and unsure of prot.
    The light that burns twice as bright burns for half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly.

As a former hunter I'm strongly considering warrior.
    Anyway I really like warrior in Legion, the combat is very responsive, I like all the things I need to keep track on and I know I will get even more things to "worry" about once I get artifact for fury warrior.
    From all the classes atm warrior looks the most fun, my favorite part is def the animations and the combat numbers blizzard have implemented, it makes whirlwind seem very powerful when you use it on a WB proc hehe.
    Atm I'm on PTR a lot trimming the muscle memory because I'm fairly sure warriors will be roughly like this on live and I want to have a lot of the baseline stuff in my head.

Rolled Warrior now at the end of WoD, and going with it on Legion. Gotta love those juicy AoE moments where you bladestorm everything to death, and the gameplay isn't stale.

I play warrior or I don't play the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Unlike most tanks im pretty happy with the spec right now so im staying Prot warrior.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Of all the DPS classes that have more than 1 dps spec, Warrior is the only one where I like all of those specs' feel and playstyle. About time I main one.

Deleted
    After closer to 10 years of warrior, it's time for change. Mage/Rogue/Druid/DH next.

7+ Year Old Account
    I've been married to my main for 12 years now, no changing today!
    Network Administrator with a desire to be creative. MCSE Server 2016, A+, Network+ certified and an avid gamer.
    Aorus Xtreme RTX 2080 Ti | i9 9900X@ 4.6ghz custom loop | Level 120 Void Elf Protection Warrior.

7+ Year Old Account
    Rerolling to Blood DK. Sorry guys but Vrykil bullshit is crap. Considering what blizzard said they wanted expand it in future...

I think ill be going Warrior for Legion. Im still not sure though.
    Mained it for PvE in cata, and Rogue for pvp. Were Feral and Hunter for MoP, and Frost DK for WoD.
    Been trying out Frost, Fury and Feral on the PTR and gotta say i enjoy Fury quite abit from the little ive tried out on the PTR. Need to check out DH when they come and see if thats something for me, but as it stands ill prob main fury warrior in legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most likely staying. I've been maining my Fury Warrior since 2006 and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Admittedly, I haven't kept up with any class changes at all and have no idea how Fury is doing, or even how any other classes are doing. That said, unless something drastically bad happens (and in 10 years of changes, nothing has made me switch yet), I'll keep it my main.

Quote Originally Posted by irongar View Post
    I play warrior or I don't play the game.
    this ! well said