Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    GFE vs mYI on Dragonshire was probably the best match in this tournament up to this point.

Deleted
    MVP Black vs eStar currently. Insanely good, not unexpected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    MVP Black vs eStar currently. Insanely good, not unexpected.
    These Moshs on Cursed Hollow were INSANE.

MYi dominated Dignitas, #feelsgood
    Quote Originally Posted by Health View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thereign View Post
    Besides, you don't gain any knowledge of a useful spec if you level as BM
    When you're asleep, me and an enchancement shaman are gonna enter your room and beastcleave you to tears.

Deleted
    ToD casting

(to avoid spoilers) team A slapping the core with Dragon Knight and full team, team B four out of five dead for still 15+ secs, core at 60% dropping like a rock. ToD "They might get it here". That's like legendary awareness and precognition there, captain obvious.

I haven't been a fan of Gilly and Kendric in the past, but I feel both improved quite a bit. On the other hand still can't wrap my head around getting ToD over Grubby. While he's funny at times, he adds surprisingly little indepth knowledge. Would also prefer Kaelaris as host, he's incredibly smooth and natural in that role, and Kendric rather as caster/analyst.

I think Gilly is by far the most improved caster. I really wasn't a fan of her early casting ability, but she's clearly worked on it and I respect that a lot.

Dread is still the top dog though <3

- - - Updated - - -

The power of Sylvanas...
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

ToD casting

(to avoid spoilers) team A slapping the core with Dragon Knight and full team, team B four out of five dead for still 15+ secs, core at 60% dropping like a rock. ToD "They might get it here". That's like legendary awareness and precognition there, captain obvious.

I haven't been a fan of Gilly and Kendric in the past, but I feel both improved quite a bit. On the other hand still can't wrap my head around getting ToD over Grubby. While he's funny at times, he adds surprisingly little indepth knowledge. Would also prefer Kaelaris as host, he's incredibly smooth and natural in that role, and Kendric rather as caster/analyst.
    Grubby was asked to cast but turned it down, he wanted to focus ranking up at the start of season 1.

That was one of the best matches I've ever watched, WP to both teams.
    I am the lucid dream

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Dread is still the top dog though <3
    Yeah, he's really really good; not quite unlike a professionel sports analyst doing this in front of a million audience. Also like that JHow guy, he's spot on with his analysis and not afraid to point out when the other guys talk nonsense. Never seen him before.

Yeah this was my first time seeing him as well, I'd heard a lot of buzz about him on reddit and I can definitely see why.
    I am the lucid dream

15+ Year Old Account
    I have noticed out of anything from this tournament...I need to play Greymane. The asians are just so good with him, US/EU seem to not use him to their full potential.

Khaldor is my favorite caster, with Dread and Kaelris second. Gilly is good, I don't care about the others.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I need to play Greymane. The asians are just so good with him
    Bring in 2 friends on Uther and Tyrael for the real thing. with these two heroes his "Going HAM"-lvl is over 9000

Another scene dominated by Asians. Well, at least we had an American champion last year.

Regarding commentary, Dreadnaught would be a lot more more enjoyable to listen to if he can stop using the same words over and over. Guess what, capitalize, etc. etc.

Overall a good tournament. Last series between MyI and TD was very nice to watch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    Regarding commentary, Dreadnaught would be a lot more more enjoyable to listen to if he can stop using the same words over and over. Guess what, capitalize, etc. etc.
    That's a damn high standard. Most experts (former players) in soccer and football articulate themselves badly or have speaking patterns as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing with commentary is, there should be a balance between keeping the hype and insight. I think the best duos are where one commentator has great knowledge about history, players and sport in general; and second being a former player serving as an expert. The former is doing the most talk and the other joins in when there is something to analyze.

That's why I like Khaldor, he has great general knowledge about HotS and also knows a lot about teams and their players. Has great cadence where there is high intensity, doesn't repeat himself that much and also makes some great jokes from inside the community (I laughed hard at "Hatred of 10 000 losses"). I also like that Wolf guy, knows a lot about Asian teams.

On the other hand, Dreadnaught is great at analyzing games from a player perspective. He is great when he can focus on what happened and possibilities arising from it, not so much this "in the moment" commentator.

That's a damn high standard. Most experts (former players) in soccer and football articulate themselves badly or have speaking patterns as well.
    Well if he's going to be a full time caster/analyst he should work on it because it's extremely distracting and obvious whenever he does it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    The thing with commentary is, there should be a balance between keeping the hype and insight. I think the best duos are where one commentator has great knowledge about history, players and sport in general; and second being a former player serving as an expert. The former is doing the most talk and the other joins in when there is something to analyze.

That's why I like Khaldor, he has great general knowledge about HotS and also knows a lot about teams and their players. Has great cadence where there is high intensity, doesn't repeat himself that much and also makes some great jokes from inside the community (I laughed hard at "Hatred of 10 000 losses"). I also like that Wolf guy, knows a lot about Asian teams.

On the other hand, Dreadnaught is great at analyzing games from a player perspective. He is great when he can focus on what happened and possibilities arising from it, not so much this "in the moment" commentator.
    Yeah, Im hoping the Finale is casted by Khaldor and Dread.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Watching the finale. It is freaking brilliant. Excellent match so far.

Just a head's up the finals are underway and the play quality is outstanding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Watching the finale. It is freaking brilliant. Excellent match so far.
    What a game, best of the tournament imo.
    I am the lucid dream