Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    Dexter for the worst ending of all time. Dexter was a brilliant show till seeason 8.. it went downhill fast from there.

The Wire had a bad ending too imo

and Sons of anarchy for the 3rd worst ending.
    I thought the ending of the Wire was apropos. The old generation died/was sent to prison, the new generation came up to take their place. It reinforced the theme that the ghetto was a trap, even when these kingpins tried to go legitimate once they had the capital to do so, they came up in violence and only knew violence and, in some ways, needed violence.

And McNulty settled down. Which was a bit boring, he probably should have been shot.

Best:

The Office-Everything ends on a positive note. The show was supposed to be a documentary about the American worker and how miserable/worthless their lives were, but in the end everyone is happy and fulfilled.

Breaking Bad-Walter White dies in a blaze of glory. Doesn't get better then that.

Justified-"We dug coal together." I mean, that was just brilliant.

The Shield-In the end, Vic Mackey ends up in a place worse than prison: stuck in a boring desk job where everyone despises him and his friends are all dead or in jail.

Worst:

The Sopranos-Pretty controversial but I mean come on how do you just...end it like that. Endings should be clear and not leave so much to random interpretation.

White Collar-Predictable cliche main character fakes his death. Poorly executed finale in a show that was supposed to be about a clever criminal.

Chuck-Show should have ended after the second to last season. Entire final season was just pointless and basically made the entire Chuck-Sarah relationship a moot point with the memory loss non sense.

The League-Too many dumb things happen. Pete no longer cares about the league. Nobody actually wins. Ending with Andre's son not really being his son was a bit too mean spirited even for The League standards.

Worst:

Xena
    Once a Thief
    Married With Children - abruptly cancelled

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Worst

Dexter
    The Wire
    Sopranos
    Breaking Bad
    You cared enough to post.

Deleted
    Worst:
    - movie: "I am Legend" (2007) [this ending is so far away from the intent of the whole concept, it is surprising the movie was ever allowed to be made by the author]
    - tv series: "Dexter" (2006-2013) [amazing series premise, even better build up, then ran out of ideas and kitchen sink writing, vomit-inducing ending]
    - anime: "Darker than Black 2" [one of the worst sequels and worst ending combinations from an amazing original series].

Other Worst nominations:
    - "Signs (2002)" [water, really?!]
    - "Interstellar (2014)" [dude, at least ask about your other child...]
    - "Superman (1978)" [time travel, sigh. It is not even a power of Superman].

No Best endings come to mind.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2016-06-20 at 02:48 AM.

Worst:
    Wolf - First half borders on brilliant, however, last half and end is completely stupid.
    Sunshine - Another movie where the first half borders on brilliant but the last half and end utter garbage.

Best:
    Lord of the Rings Trilogy
    The Thing

Quote Originally Posted by Revik View Post
    Best:
    Lord of the Rings Trilogy
    The lord of the rings ending was like a half hour too long.

LOTR should probably have ended either with the scene of everyone kneeling to the Hobbits, or probably more aptly, the scene where they return to Hobbiton and their old lives, and drink ale in the tavern, and Sam finally asks Rosie to dance with him - cut to credits.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    LOTR should probably have ended either with the scene of everyone kneeling to the Hobbits, or probably more aptly, the scene where they return to Hobbiton and their old lives, and drink ale in the tavern, and Sam finally asks Rosie to dance with him - cut to credits.
    I guess I'm one of the few who enjoyed the lengthy epilogue. Perhaps as a singular movie I might feel that way but after witnessing an epic journey on the lines of 10 hours long (if watching the extended versions) the length epilogue felt justified IMO.

Worst: Chuck (and I'm shocked at the amount of people that mentioned it, didn't know that many watched it), as other have said, the second to last season was the time for it to end, but it was renewed and sent off to another time slot (the friday of death) and the show really was quite weak that last season.

Best: The Wire, i liked how it pretty much setup a "nothing will change, just the faces change" scenario that's all too true in that environment.

I actually liked the Dexter ending, as I was rooting for Dexter to live and get away with things. It just sort of played out a tad weak throughout that last season.

LOST ended how i figured it would, I would have liked a bit more explanation, but I also like that it didn't spoon feed you your thoughts on it, and let you draw your own bit of a conclusion.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    TV series Only -

Worst: Another Chuck here. After building up their relationship for 5 season they just trash it in the last 5 episodes and basically rushed them. Disappointing.

Best: Smallville, the story of Clark Kent becoming Superman, ending with Him finally donning his Cape and taking on the Mantle with Lex rising from the Ashes.
    Still think they should've made a show called Metropolis afterwards that was Superman TV adventures with Tom Welling.

Breaking bad had a good ending as well, as did Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood.

Undecided - Angel, my favourite TV series of all time, but since it was not renewed for Season 6 it ended on basically the start of the Apocalypse at end of Season 5. The reason I don't hate it though is because Season 6 onwards continued in Comic form, though would have rathered TV.

Enjoyed the endings of quantum leap, life on Mars and ashes to ashes uk

Deleted
    Person of Interest ended today, great ending for the series. I try to forget tv series with crappy ends.

Don't remember good endings in series its always bitter when it ends.

worst definately penny dreadful, last episode in season 3 just felt very rushed, to say this was creative writing is a punch in the face.

It was merely a rushed cancellation.

A company can do this with little shows and get away with it, if they do this with game of thrones they would have millions of pissed fans instead of just some thousands.

I hate it when companies fast forward in the middle of a season to end the show, while introducing more characters for a later build up in future seasons. Probably the story writer just had to get this show out of his brain for his next show, that i will certainly never bother to watch.

- - - Updated - - -

There is a good ending, its a movie though:

Final Girls. Damn good ending. Its a movie in a teenslasher-movie film *blood camp*.......little bit weird, i don't want to spoil it, but its worth it to stick to the end.

I also want to nominate a good ending of a video game: Diablo 2 vanilla version without LoD it started in a ward and it endend with a ward, and the ending makes movie finals pale in comparission......blizzard should have made this into a cinema movie not warcraft, to be honest.

i would definitely go with dexter as the worst.

The good:

The Office (UK original)
    Breaking Bad
    Friends
    Star Trek: DS9

The Bad:
    Cube
    I am Legend

The Ugly (not bad per say, just... wrong on some level):
    Lost
    Star Trek: Voyager
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shitngiggles View Post
    Person of Interest ended today, great ending for the series. I try to forget tv series with crappy ends.
    They kinda left the door open for another season cause they cut away to shaw answering the phone of what is most likely another number given to her rather or not she acknowledged it we won't know and about the whereabouts of the machine and others they didn't show any new stuff just left us thinking hmmm maybe another season or two left i mean its jj Abrams he is known to do these things. Another show sort of like that the NZT one i can't think of name of show at moment ended their previous season like this.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    They kinda left the door open for another season cause they cut away to shaw answering the phone of what is most likely another number given to her rather or not she acknowledged it we won't know and about the whereabouts of the machine and others they didn't show any new stuff just left us thinking hmmm maybe another season or two left i mean its jj Abrams he is known to do these things. Another show sort of like that the NZT one i can't think of name of show at moment ended their previous season like this.
    You're thinking of Limitless. Another of my favourites.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shitngiggles View Post
    You're thinking of Limitless. Another of my favourites.
    yeah i liked that one too i hope they continue more of that and more of person of interest
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

10+ Year Old Account
    Good:
    Breaking Bad
    Seinfeld
    Scrubs (Season 8 finale) - (season 9 interns doesn't count).

Bad:
    Lost
    The Sopranos
    Dexter
    Hi