Deleted

Cable Sleeve Advice

Morning Folks(or your regional equivilent timezone!)

I recently built a brand new PC, I have built many pc's in the past both personally and within work but never have i done the "Display Rig" style build were everything looks super sexy. Well thats what im aiming for now.

I have the NZXT H440 case and it has plenty of little hidey/pokey holes to keep your cables neat but i decided to order some Cable sleeving to make everything sleek and black, Now ive never actually used sleeving before and it obviously just comes in one big strip.

The simple question is how do i get it on? do i need to remove and then re-terminate the end of the cables in order to get the sleeving on? or is there some trick im not aware off? any advice would be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeires View Post
    Morning Folks(or your regional equivilent timezone!)

I recently built a brand new PC, I have built many pc's in the past both personally and within work but never have i done the "Display Rig" style build were everything looks super sexy. Well thats what im aiming for now.

I have the NZXT H440 case and it has plenty of little hidey/pokey holes to keep your cables neat but i decided to order some Cable sleeving to make everything sleek and black, Now ive never actually used sleeving before and it obviously just comes in one big strip.

The simple question is how do i get it on? do i need to remove and then re-terminate the end of the cables in order to get the sleeving on? or is there some trick im not aware off? any advice would be awesome!
    Hokay, I presume you have a fully modular power supply (or atleast modular for the cables you intend to replace). Most people that sleeve their own cables order the sleeve they want, the physical cables, and the ends. You can buy presleeved cables aswell if you want. You can't really re use the power supply cables you just have to get your own copper wire to sleeve.

I've never done this personally I know a bit about how to do it and I'd probably just buy the cables pre sleeved it's alot of tedious work to do.

Deleted
    Yes its a modular power supply but it actually wasnt those cables that were the issue, the 20 pin and 8 pin are already sleeved and with the exception of the GPU power cable the rest are all hidden away nicely by the case.

What i was hoping to sleeve was 2x SATA cables and then some of the case cables going to the motherboard.