Thread: ALF is gone

10+ Year Old Account

Unhappy ALF is gone

http://www.24ur.com/ekskluziv/film_t...gral-alfa.html

In a hospital in Los Angeles died 76-year-old Hungarian-born player Mihaly 'Michu' Meszaros, who in the 80s of last century, play aliens gross alpha in the eponymous series of American television NBC. Meszaros was only 84 inches tall, Alf was quite popular in our country.

Alf, who was by the name of Gordon Shumway, was the hero of the series, which was filmed by NBC television between 1986 and 1990. With its 84 inches was ideal for him Dwarf player Mihaly 'Michu' Meszaros, voice lent him otherwise actor Paul Fusco.

He was born in Hungary and in 1973 he joined the circus Ringling Brothers Barnum and Bailey. In the US, among other things, performed for President Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan.

Alf Series has been very popular not only in the US but also around the world, including the Balkans. Mészárosová manager Denis Varga announced that the player suffered a stroke last Thursday and remained in the hospital until his death on Sunday.

Meszaros has appeared in other television series (Dear John and H.R. Pufnstuf), as well as in films Look who's talking, Big Top Pee-wee, waxwork and Freaked.

Many good actors dying this year.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Ohh i remember that show when i was a kid, always wondered what happened to him.

Shame we cant go back to the old childrens shows, todays kid shows sucks ass and they where much much better back in the days

I know him well as a pop cultural icon back in the 80s, even though I honestly never watched any of it.

Shame, RIP.

Sad really, all these people passing away... Alan Young, the voice of Scrooge McDuck, passed away last month as well. Least they were in passing of a ripe old age.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2016-06-14 at 12:08 PM.

Poor Alf rest in Peace Lil Buddy

10+ Year Old Account

(favorite joke)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Why the hell did google translate cm to inches? 84 cm is small. 84 inches is fucking huge.

That sucks. :|

ALF was awesome. I was born in 1985 and sort of remember it. I loved it as a kid, according to my mom. Went back and watched some of it again when I got older.

I still have one of these that my parents got me for Christmas one year when I was...maybe 3:

That's not a photo of mine, but mine is exactly like it. It's still in fairly good condition for almost 30 years old.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2016-06-14 at 12:27 PM.

Deleted
    ALF was the best Alien before Roger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Many good actors dying this year.

You would think they were getting old or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Roger.
    American Dad?

Deleted
    The guy inside the suit died. The suit and the voice of ALF are still around, though.

Deleted
    Wait. Alf was actually a guy in a costume and not a muppet?!

<opens a bottle of whisky>

My entire life was a lie.

Deleted
    ALF is back, in POG form!

10+ Year Old Account
    Cats everywhere can sleep tonight, knowing the nightmare is finally over...

(rip tho)