Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-on-xbox-one-s

So it won't entirely not be an upgrade like they started to lead us into believing, but it still doesn't sound like it's worth to upgrade unless you have a 4k tv.

Plus there was this...
    That last point is the key point: "some developers will take advantage of that 6 teraflops in different ways". Microsoft won't force developers to use the extra Scorpio processing power to hit 4K; they're free to use it how they want. That's great. But whereas Microsoft sees Scorpio as the 4K machine, a developer may simply see it as 'more power' for a native 1080p experience, and that's where this idea of Xbox One and Scorpio playing the same games becomes murky. How can they be the same games - or are they the same in the way that Xbox 360 and Xbox One cross-generation games were?
    Just gotta sit and watch for a bit I guess.

Just gotta sit and watch for a bit I guess.
    So it oculd just be for vr support or 4k gaming or they could do what nintendo did for ds and 3ds.

So many bullshit and conflicting reports coming out of MSs own mouth is hilarious.

This shit's gonna be a bigger train wreck then the One launch at the rate they're going.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    So many bullshit and conflicting reports coming out of MSs own mouth is hilarious.
    Yeah. Even from interview to interview the same folks are pretty inconsistent with their framing of the console, what Microsoft's goal for it is, and what it's supposed to be capable of, and different folks even moreso. It's like they all got different briefing documents the night before the show and had little time to look them over.

Reminds me way too much of all the confusion was going around during the initial reveal when contradictory answers were flying left and right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post

This shit's gonna be a bigger train wreck then the One launch at the rate they're going.
    The launch/initial announcement was in flames because of masses of uneducated people...

Now, the current chaos is bit silly I have to admit.

Quote Originally Posted by Creepjack View Post
    The launch/initial announcement was in flames because of masses of uneducated people...

Now, the current chaos is bit silly I have to admit.
    Considering there were weeks where even media who interviewed Microsoft reps directly were unsure about things like how the initial DRM functioned.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/5/22/43...ames-confusion
    http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/0...sed-messaging/

Good example of it. There's similarly confusing messaging surrounding the Scorpio so far, is it for 4K native only? Is it up to developers how to take advantage of the additional power? Are developers allowed to do more than just bump up the native resolution for a game between the One/Scorpio?

Not to mention the confused direction messaging of announcing the Scorpio for a 2017 launch right as they announce the Slim version of the One and drop the price of the baesline model slightly (down to $280 now) at the same time.