• animated cartoon released to home video

2 18.18%
  • let the Chinese make the movie

3 27.27%
  • wait 10 years and try again with a reboot

3 27.27%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Could this thread be any more biased?

I vote for - Duncan to make ANOTHER fantastic film please.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Sniglet View Post
    How would you like to see a movie sequel to WARCRAFT?
    Where is the option to make you watch first one 20 times?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Quincey View Post
    Could this thread be any more biased?

I vote for - Duncan to make ANOTHER fantastic film please.

Trolls have uses...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    People are way too hyped for this mediocrity.

If you think this is "too hyped", what was your reaction to super mediocrity like SWFA?

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    super mediocrity like SWFA?
    That "mediocrity" has gathered TWO BILLION dollars, including $27M in CIS, where people don't give two fucks about SW franchise at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Filming budget isn't profit. Did you forget it needs far more than that to turn a profit? Theater takes, marketing costs etc. Not to mention the smaller cut US companies get for China ticket sales. China will not carry the movie to a sequel. It's been estimated to need at least $500m to make a good profit. You're delusional if you think it will take in hundreds of millions more.

Poor reviews+little to no profit does not a sequel make.
    Where did I say it will take in hundreds of millions? Don't put words in my mouth.

I said it has already made back the money it cost to make, and that it will get a sequel.

Honestly the best part of it getting a sequel for me is that we can have the same thread next year when Warcraft 2 comes out and people decide to rag on that for no reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    That "mediocrity" has gathered TWO BILLION dollars, including $27M in CIS, where people don't give two fucks about SW franchise at all.
    It gathered that because its the seventh film in a very popular franchise, not because it was a good film.

Give Warcraft seven movies, than lets see where we are at.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Something involving Illidan and/or Arthas. No lame Orcs and Humans story.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdnerd View Post
    I would love to see War of the Ancients next, first druid etc. But the sequel will most likely be Thrall's story with how the movie ended. (And to all the trolls: It was number 2 in the box office, and made a whole lot in China, and the overall fan reaction is positive, there will be a sequel.)
    how can they go straight to thrall, hell the first war hasn't even ended yet stormwind wasn't sacked, then theres the whole 2nd war to go through and the expedition beyond the dark portal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Doing alright? It had a pathetic opening weekend in the US. You'll be lucky to get a DvD release let alone a sequel.
    It has earned over double the budget,of being out for 5 days.I know many people like me also wait a little bit until worst lines are gone and can breath freely in a movie theater.Don't like being stuffed in packed room and trying to enjoy a movie.DVD will be out and sequel will come.

I would have preferred pretty much anything over WC1/2 era Warcraft story and I kind of wish they didn't set it up for direct sequels because that pretty much means at least 2 movies before getting to any interesting parts of Warcraft lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    I would have preferred pretty much anything over WC1/2 era Warcraft story and I kind of wish they didn't set it up for direct sequels because that pretty much means at least 2 movies before getting to any interesting parts of Warcraft lore.
    code for "i never played anything before world of warcraft HEHE guys come on ILLIDAWN and ARTHUS they're from warcraft 4 right?"
    warcraft 2 was infinitely most interesting than warcraft 3 and especially "hmm i could choose to not damn myself for all eternity, nah fuck it" Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Hellishreaper View Post
    code for "i never played anything before world of warcraft HEHE guys come on ILLIDAWN and ARTHUS they're from warcraft 4 right?"
    warcraft 2 was infinitely most interesting than warcraft 3 and especially "hmm i could choose to not damn myself for all eternity, nah fuck it" Arthas
    Your response is all over the place nonsense. WC3 came out before WoW, bud. Seems like you're the one that never played Warcraft until WoW. I'm guessing you're a Cata or MoP baby.

WC2 was generic evil orcs vs. generic medieval fantasy humans round 2. Both WC1 and WC2 were super boring, generic fantasy games. The only reason they're still popular is because of childhood nostalgia.

10+ Year Old Account
    The movie has made over 300million already, and it's not even out world-wide yet (finally out in Australia tomorrow, and perhaps some other places), not to mention some countries get it even later than normal release. So I'm convinced it'll make 500m~, and it'll be enough for them to make a sequel.

So ignoring your bias poll, I'd vote for a movie based on Warcraft 2 (although I have no idea what that story is), only to lead up to Warcraft 3, hopefully put into Parts 1 (Reign of Chaos/Fall of Arthas), and 2 (Frozen Thrones/Rise of the Lich King)
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellishreaper View Post
    Having played all warcraft games and WoW, honestly the whole Arthas story line is the best imo. Also seems way easier to follow. Guy wants power, guy finds sword that gives him power, guy gets evil. Of course it would be hard to make into one movie, and I have no idea how they would end it if they want to go with a good ending, where the good guys win.

10+ Year Old Account
    3/10 made me open the thread.

What a shitpost mate. I bet you feel like a champ.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeupname999 View Post
    They should just give us the Arthas story which is what we wanted in the first place!
    The problem with that is his story is greatly tied to the Third War. You'd have to cram a bunch of lore and character explanations into it, or stick with Arthas's story, have him help summon Archimonde and have the third war happen mostly offscreen.

A Warcraft Netflix series would have probably worked best. 12 episode seasons, with 1 for pre-First war. 1 For First War. 2 for Second War/Beyond the Dark Portal. 3 for Reign of Chaos and Frozen Throne. So;

S1: Draenor. Development of the Horde and Orgrim as the Horde "protagonist". Durotan and Draka side characters so you know Thrall when he appears. Glimpses of Azeroth via Gul'dan and Medivh conversations.

S2: First War. Orcs initially lose, but still finish the Season destroying Stormwind. Medivh is caught, killed, and Llane still assassinated by a Mind controlled Garona. Orgrim, now disgusted after 2 seasons of Horde Dishonor kills Blackhand and brings Gul'dan to heel. Takes mantle of Warchief.

S3: Second War star. Establish the Northern kingdoms, the Elves, the Trolls. Have it be alot of pushing on the Horde's behalf, but their methods more honorable akin to Orgrim's vision for his Horde. No needless civillian slaughter and such. Season ends with Gul'dans betrayal and Orgrim sending his forces to take care of him.

S4: Change the timescale a little, Horde is defeated by just short of mid-season and camped, meanwhile Alliance push to close the portal while Ner'zhul is planning something more dastardly on Draenor, prompting them to go to somewhere already established to stop him.

S5: Start of the Third War. Thrall's introduction, Arthas's introduction. Dual stories. We follow primarily Arthas and Lordaeron, Thrall's trip through to Kalimdor and such. Season Ends with Arthas's march on Quel'thelas, and Thrall and Jaina meeting Medivh.

S6: Primarily the Third War. First few episodes are summoning Archimonde, then Arthas takes a backseat. We follow to the War of the Ancients as the finale.

S7: Arthas's story of The Frozen Throne. Final scene:
    Last edited by mmoc6bd9909497; 2016-06-15 at 10:39 AM.

Deleted
    Add more options to the poll. Many of us enjoyed the movie and would like to see a proper sequel movie with same budget at least. I really doubt Blizzard would let it fly on Netflix or SyFy.

Arthas story involves Nerzhul and the Burning Legion, so the orc story-line needs to be explained first. We don’t even know if Burning Legion is in Warcraft yet. At the moment it’s just the Fel. So, the sequel should be about Thrall and the Second War (the events leading to the creation of the LK start after that).

We already have a Warcraft thread, the poll options make it clear this thread isn't intended to create meaningful discussion. Closing this.