Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I read somewhere that Russia is having a population problem and Putin instituted some sort of fornication day in the hopes that pregnancies would occur. That being the case, I can understand why there'd be anti-gay sentiment there on the governmental level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I read somewhere that Russia is having a population problem and Putin instituted some sort of fornication day in the hopes that pregnancies would occur. That being the case, I can understand why there'd be anti-gay sentiment there on the governmental level.
    Russia has a shortage of men. Ratio is something like 1.8 to 1, female to male.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Why do you think they were arrested? I've heard you can be arrested if you're holding hands or kissing if you're gay.
    Not really. You won't get arrested, but you'll face aggression from some conservative men. Some may threat you with violence, some may assault you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Russia has a shortage of men. Ratio is something like 1.8 to 1, female to male.
    That's too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    That's too bad.
    That's bullshit, it's 0.86:1 (1:1.16) male to female, and mainly cuz Russian men die quite early, like late 50s. At birth rates are almost 1:1.
    Last edited by ls-; 2016-06-16 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    That's bullshit, it's 0.86:1 male to female, or 1:1.16 female to male, and mainly cuz Russian men die quite early, like late 50s. At birth rates are almost 1:1.
    You mixed them up on your second one. It can't be 0.86:1 male to female and 1:1.16 female to male. It's still a pretty huge discrepancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    You mixed them up on your second one. It can't be 0.86:1 male to female and 1:1.16 female to male. It's still a pretty huge discrepancy.
    Oh, yeah, messed up. Fixed it.

TBH, it's not a biggie. >60yo grannies are ruining the ratio.

why does it matter if the russian gays "mourn" for some random gay?

anyways.. . wtf would flowers do a building a world away???

Yupp, on average women tend to live for 20 years more than men here.

im so glad my parents decided to leave this shit country 22 years ago
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

That's not really how that works either. It's not like the discrepancy all of a sudden jumps unless countries are involved in huge wars that wipe out a generation. Life expectancy numbers don't really mean that people die at a certain age. It's not how that statistic works. It's a metric that takes into account deaths all along the age spectrum. If you've got a few young deaths that will skew numbers more than the same amount of people dying just 5-10 years before the average. You can usually infer that the gender gap widens fairly early (wars/immature males doing dangerous things) then steadies.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingerie View Post
    Not really. You won't get arrested, but you'll face aggression from some conservative men. Some may threat you with violence, some may assault you.
    neat, its not the government doing cleansing... its the people....

Quote Originally Posted by Wingerie View Post
    Yupp, on average women tend to live for 20 years more than men here.
    That is a pretty crazy divide.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's bullshit, it's 0.86:1 (1:1.16) male to female, and mainly cuz Russian men die quite early, like late 50s.
    That's too bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    That's bullshit, it's 0.86:1 (1:1.16) male to female, and mainly cuz Russian men die quite early, like late 50s. At birth rates are almost 1:1.
    I thought it was the radiation #tinfoilhat
    Last edited by dacoolist; 2016-06-16 at 12:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    That's not really how that works either. It's not like the discrepancy all of a sudden jumps unless countries are involved in huge wars that wipe out a generation. Life expectancy numbers don't really mean that people die at a certain age. It's not how that statistic works. It's a metric that takes into account deaths all along the age spectrum. If you've got a few young deaths that will skew numbers more than the same amount of people dying just 5-10 years before the average. You can usually infer that the gender gap widens fairly early (wars/immature males doing dangerous things) then steadies.
    Nonono, Russian case is quite simple, on average women live really long lives, but men die relatively early, and more than a quarter of men die before reaching 55. IIRC, Russian men have one of the shortest lifespans. It's been this way for quite a long time, >60 years.

Nonono, Russian case is quite simple, on average women live really long lives, but men die relatively early, and more than a quarter of men die before reaching 55. IIRC, Russian men have one of the shortest lifespans. It's been this way for quite a long time, >60 years.
    You're saying things that you don't know how to analyze.

On average women live really long lives. On average men die relatively early. But actuarially, you see a huge spike in male deaths early and then leveling off. That 1/4 of men dying early; a lot of that is young males. The gender divide starts early because of the behavior patterns of males. Almost always more male children are born than female children. Almost always there are more women than men by the time that generation hits their mid 20s and only exacerbates from there.

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    neat, its not the government doing cleansing... its the people....
    Yeah, that's exactly my point

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Here in the US, we have the respect that Men & Women in MotherRussia are pretty hardcore when it comes to hand to hand combat, guns, and not playing around. This whole political stuff I wish would go away, I wish we would have better ties with Russia, but I guess their is a lot more that goes into that, I'm sure we've pissed everyone off there at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Why should an intolerance of oppression be bound by borders?
    I will listen to you when Russia's civil policy is enforced on your country until then it doesn't concern anybody except Russians

Deal with it
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God