Thread: Frost....OMG

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Frostscythe is kinda bad as a talent, though.
    In my experience, you get better yields from OB>rime proc than 2 frostscythes. Especially if KM is up. Howling blast (esp with freezing fog) and a maxed artifact (moreso if you get the sigils with +HB damage) will do retarded damage.

I'd argue that HB is overtuned.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrkyr View Post
    The standard answer to these sorts of questions;

Hardest spec: whatever I play
    Easiest spec: whatever beats me on damage meters.

or for the PVP oriented;
    Easiest spec: whatever counters me/whatever 3's comp counters mine
    Eh, Mage!

Hmm...Warlock?

Hunter!

Sub Rogue!?

I give in.

Demon Hunter?

15+ Year Old Account
    How is frost compared to other classes/specs when it comes to target switching/bursting priority adds/targets down? I'm assuming they're one of the stronger specs at doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by rerecros View Post
    im sure everyone will rejoice in hearing there will be another DW frost blood elf male dk in lfr, im happy for you!
    It's so cute that you think people will be playing anything but Demon Hunter. I take it you weren't around between BC and WOTLK? EVERYTHING was DK. Even the healers.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    It's so cute that you think people will be playing anything but Demon Hunter. I take it you weren't around between BC and WOTLK? EVERYTHING was DK. Even the healers.
    Bloodworms were so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Bloodworms were so good.
    Bloodworms + Improved Blood Presence FTW

Deleted
    I really like Frost DKs and I'm rolling one in Legion. The animations are so good, the rotation feels smooth and kind of easy -but not the Demon Hunter way which I don't like, it completely fills the spellblade theme now, with all those new frost spells. Frost DK master class!

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Frostscythe is kinda bad as a talent, though.
    In my experience, you get better yields from OB>rime proc than 2 frostscythes. Especially if KM is up. Howling blast (esp with freezing fog) and a maxed artifact (moreso if you get the sigils with +HB damage) will do retarded damage.

I'd argue that HB is overtuned.
    the problem is people should stop using FSc as a repalcement for Obliterate weave it in on Killing Machine Procs, stop trying to go to a pseudo masterfrost rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    the problem is people should stop using FSc as a repalcement for Obliterate weave it in on Killing Machine Procs, stop trying to go to a pseudo masterfrost rotation.
    When the 110 pvp realms are back up I'll go check out some damage values. I just think that HB right now hits unreasonably hard.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    When the 110 pvp realms are back up I'll go check out some damage values. I just think that HB right now hits unreasonably hard.
    Only with Rime+Freezing Fog+fully unlocked artifact. HB hits like a wet noodle with out Rime

Quote Originally Posted by Khatix View Post
    Only with Rime+Freezing Fog+fully unlocked artifact. HB hits like a wet noodle with out Rime
    Yeah it really does, Idk if it's just me but frost in general feels like it hits like a wet noodle.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythbredor View Post
    Yeah it really does, Idk if it's just me but frost in general feels like it hits like a wet noodle.
    Actually Rime'd HB is one of the strongest skills, overtuned even.

Quote Originally Posted by Senel View Post
    Actually Rime'd HB is one of the strongest skills, overtuned even.
    Ah maybe I just get unlucky with procs, it honestly wouldn't be the first time.

It's not worth casting HB without rime. But as it stands right now Freezing Fog is +50% damage to HB (and frost fever! something that is very underrated) and rime is 300% damage increase.... that can crit.

And the HB damage increase artifact passives are extremely early in the tree. You can generally get them as the first 3 unlocks for an additional 30% damage... that can be further boosted by relics.

Leveling in Aszuna and Highmountain, HB was my #1 damage source by a large margin, even single target. Especially with a mastery build.

Still have no idea what the optimal first tier talent is going to be. Granted that's not necessarily a bad thing, but eh.
    Last edited by kary; 2016-06-17 at 06:50 AM.

Deleted
    Well I'm glad OP tried something different and enjoyed it
    Why does people need to leave comments where they bash OP or some spec? Why the need for whining instead of being happy about it, or discuss something that actually matters ...

Spent a solid 5 hours testing it out on the PTR yesterday. Have to say it's in a very good place. Mechanics have been improved beyond anything since wrath and finally having spec specific talents is amazing. Frost hasn't had it this good in a long, long time. Even the scaling issues shouldn't be a concern. ST/Cleave/AoE all decent too.

At a push I'd say unholy would just edge it since I think the scaling is slightly better although that's due more to the artifact than anything else, be very interested to give them a go

im sure everyone will rejoice in hearing there will be another DW frost blood elf male dk in lfr, im happy for you!
    Blood elves don't have males, get your facts straight! :P

Is Remorseless Winter worth using in single target? If not, does Gathering Storm make it so?

frost dk > all for now and for ever !

Deleted
    are you an EMo dk