High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Boosting a toon for PvP

I have played WoW for five years and I have only raided. A friend of mine convinced me to try the PvP side of things since I am not currently raiding am I am going to take him up on it. I have a couple of questions I hope you wonderful people on the forums can answers?

1st - What is a DPS class that is relatively simple for PvP. (by simple I mean I do not want a hunter that has 1milion key minds I have to learn. I wan a class that is fun to play but that has a fairly modest rotation)

2nd- I am going to be playing mostly with a Disc Priest and we might venture into 2v2 when I get comfortable so are there any classes I should look at with that in mind.

I am going to try an entire new experience and boost a alliance toon so this ought to be fun! Any Help is appreciated!

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogues can pick and choose their fights, and are great when starting out, and awesome when mastered.

Also even a shit geared rogue can disrupt the enemy team a lot with his stuns and interrupts.

Since they can slip in out out of fights, they don't die as often as non stealth classes.
    Warlock (SL main)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by timoteo View Post
    I have played WoW for five years and I have only raided. A friend of mine convinced me to try the PvP side of things since I am not currently raiding am I am going to take him up on it. I have a couple of questions I hope you wonderful people on the forums can answers?

1st - What is a DPS class that is relatively simple for PvP. (by simple I mean I do not want a hunter that has 1milion key minds I have to learn. I wan a class that is fun to play but that has a fairly modest rotation)

2nd- I am going to be playing mostly with a Disc Priest and we might venture into 2v2 when I get comfortable so are there any classes I should look at with that in mind.

I am going to try an entire new experience and boost a alliance toon so this ought to be fun! Any Help is appreciated!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundertom View Post
    Rogues can pick and choose their fights, and are great when starting out, and awesome when mastered.

Also even a shit geared rogue can disrupt the enemy team a lot with his stuns and interrupts.

Since they can slip in out out of fights, they don't die as often as non stealth classes.
    To build on this If you get good at ninja Capping flags in Rated BGS then you may be able to get into a decent group, its what i did with my rogue in Mists and WoD.

if you go based off rotation Ret paladins have a simple Rotation and Decent Burst and the hands make great support.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will look into a rogue- I main a holy paladin so I doubt a ret paladin will be the fresh start I am looking for. Any others?

Deleted
    I would say boomkin, to much to write and explain but basically, they've got everything and is fairly easy to play. Do not roll a rogue as they're not beginner friendly. Sure, capping flags is one thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundertom View Post

...Unless you don't keep Feint up 100% of the time (including pre-using it when you're about to get stunned), OR have a cooldown up. Then you're pretty much the squishiest class there is. You WILL die in a stun without peels/cooldowns/Feint.

You'll also be constantly questioning how Blizzard lets Faerie Swarm exist, and why Necrotic Plague and other DoTs (e.g. in Legion, Corruption lasts like a minute) can be so derpy. Also why does the likes of Rain of Fire animation not stop when a second one is cast? All silly things that just completely ruin a Rogue's fun.

Otherwise yep, they can be very fun. Just making sure you know the downsides as well @timoteo.

Def don't go Rogue or Ret, rogue for the reasons above, Ret: well because it is biggest underdog Dps Class in game in PvP, and unless you are very good as Ret and have good teammates you wont go far, and u can forget about high end RBGs as Ret .

I agree with Killgrew, boomy is both fun and very strong both arena and RBGs, and if u dont like boomy, u can alw roll feral and do just as well. Also try hunter or mage, both go well with Priest in 2s and not that hard to play compared to rogue. But if u master Rogue, u can be very very scary as an enemy in rated pvp

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say Warrior. The class is the easiest class in the game and its consistently the best melee in the game.