[PTR] Resto druid no artifact: how to setup?

Finally the pre patch is live on ptr also for who has no access to the beta. The question now is easy: how do you change as resto Druid your talent? You use the same setup that you are using in beta tough we have not access to the artifact tree?
    (Sry for my English)

The resto artifact doesn't really affect the talent or spell choices much, so it shouldn't have a big impact.

Afaik prepatch doesn't introduce artifacts, the actual Legion patch does. Prepatch should just be the various class changes (skills etc) coupled with the new transmog system and such.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azabondiia View Post
    Anyone who has not done heroic raiding, is John Snow - and knows nothing. It's the most unforgiving gaming experience you can imagine

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    The resto artifact doesn't really affect the talent or spell choices much, so it shouldn't have a big impact.
    The artifacts dont affect talent choices AT ALL. If they did, it would mean that the other 2 talents on the row would be useless for the whole expansion.

As for talent choices, its up to your playstyle, and content you will be doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobialkon View Post
    The artifacts dont affect talent choices AT ALL. If they did, it would mean that the other 2 talents on the row would be useless for the whole expansion.
    Why is everyone always thinking in such extremes. They don't have to be useless, but talents can interact with artifact abilities and traits and slightly modify the choices or the play style.

They don't to a large degree though. Resto talents in legion have been pretty streamlined. One side focuses on HoT all over the place AoE style. The other half is very single target power healing type talents. The middle is kinda a mixed bag of different things. The artifact kinda synergies with all talents in some degree since they all almost use the same or similar spells but only how and why you uses it changes slightly with talents (not 100% of course).

While sure I do believe there is likely an absolute mathematical "best" because it's math and all. I do feel the difference isn't so glaring that your punished greatly for going against it. Or if it's been discovered yet because it's pretty small if there at all. At least in the current scheme and experience levels we have wth the tools. Later this very well could be proven wrong because again that's how math often works but for now it's really just in the have fun with it zone. I hope it stays that way because the math isn't big enough to really matter but time will tell.