Thread: Quicksilver

Quicksilver

So which quicksilver do you like better? Even Peters or Aaron Taylor-Johnson?

I personally like Even Peters for the role better. I feel like he adds more depth to the character than the other guy did. Though I don't like in the x-men world that he apparently doesn't have Scarlet Witch for a sister. I assume that's an issue with fox vs marvel studios.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Evan Peters hands down, he was the best thing out of the last X-Men movie.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Even Peters. Not in character with QS as written exactly, but the Fox/Singer version is a delight.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer the Fox version, although I think he should have had more time and development with Magneto in Apocalypse.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

I thought Aaron was fine, i liked him a lot. I like that he had hot ass Lizzie with him.

Evan just... yeah, you already know.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    I think they both have important qualities:

- Even Peters' character has that believable obstinance, strange outsider personality, yet important charm and occasional ability to irritate anyone. If they had actually used him correctly, as in the original Marvel Universe, he would have no doubt been been believable as a character with a serious and harsh background too.

- Aaron Taylor-Johnson was very convincing for his ultra-loyalty and fierce love of his sister, the Scarlet Witch, that transcends almost anything and which is absolutely critical to the whole story of Quicksilver, other than that he was quite forgettable.

What both lack is Quicksilver's certain arrogance and belief that he was born to be a leader or at least someone in important roles. Unlike in any of the portrayals in the Marvel movies, he is never content to be on the backseat or someone's lackey and always considered himself the equal of any character, hero or enemy at any level (even galactic!), until at least proven otherwise. He is also always quick to act first, ask questions later - a sort of really quick and surprisingly cunning version of the original Fantastic Four movie portrayal of Johnny Storm - the real, i.e. comic Johnny/Human Torch, is almost nothing like the movie one in personality.

In a sense, Quicksilver's feet always got him into trouble, and the only thing that could always reign him in any context was his love of his sister.

Unfortunately, Marvel's later split worlds (multiverse) and split franchises, combined with shallow but critical retcons have all both destroyed the deep stories of Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch. So, all of the above kind of doesn't matter any more in terms of movies...

The best original comic readers can hope for with this character is that they don't completely mess up Quicksilver encounters with the Inhumans in future movie releases.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2016-06-17 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Definitely Evan Peters! I love him as Quicksilver and his scenes are just awesome, as well as funny

- - - Updated - - -

He does have Scarlet Witch as a sister in the movies and she has been mentioned, just not seen. They've showed his little sister, and the mother has told her to go play with her older sister (I'm assuming Scarlet Witch), but she said she didn't want to cause she's weird or something.

The whole business with both companies has been resolved and they both have rights to the characters - with rules.
    He has sisters....neither of which have been revealed to be named "Wanda" nor has it been revealed that one of those sisters is his twin. I suspect the only sister we hear from again would be named "Lorna"...who just happens to have the exact power set her father does.

Fox does not have rights to Scarlet Witch because, unlike her brother, she has never been directly affiliated with the X-Men aside from very early appearances as a member of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. For the vast majority of her character's existence she's been an Avenger. Quicksilver has been closely affiliated with both the X-Men and Avengers which is why both studios have equal claim to the character. The only things Marvel had to do was to change his origin so that he isn't a mutant or Magneto's kid. Fox doesn't get Wanda, Marvel doesn't get Mutants. Either of them could probably take the other to court over the issue...but, since Marvel Studios has killed off their Quicksilver anyway, there wouldn't be much point to it now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    He has sisters....neither of which have been revealed to be named "Wanda" nor has it been revealed that one of those sisters is his twin. I suspect the only sister we hear from again would be named "Lorna"...who just happens to have the exact power set her father does.

Fox does not have rights to Scarlet Witch because, unlike her brother, she has never been directly affiliated with the X-Men aside from very early appearances as a member of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. For the vast majority of her character's existence she's been an Avenger. Quicksilver has been closely affiliated with both the X-Men and Avengers which is why both studios have equal claim to the character. The only things Marvel had to do was to change his origin so that he isn't a mutant or Magneto's kid. Fox doesn't get Wanda, Marvel doesn't get Mutants. Either of them could probably take the other to court over the issue...but, since Marvel Studios has killed off their Quicksilver anyway, there wouldn't be much point to it now.
    im hoping if marvel ever works something out with fox like they did sony they have mcu scarlet witch having a really shit day and missing her brother and in trying to wish him back, her powers go apeshit and merge the universes of xmen and mcu and instead of her exact brother, she gets even peters, as well as the xmen get to be in mcu. theres pretty much no other way they could do it without "where were the xmen for new york or sokovia?" being a thing
    3ds fc 0576 4895 9192
    ice safari with snorunt sneasel and lapras

pm me if you add me!

Deleted
    Even Peters is for me the only Quicksilver in the MCU Hands down.
    and this QS would never get himself shot

I liked the marvel one better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I liked the marvel one better.
    What a strange thing to say, they are all Marvel ...

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Even Peters is for me the only Quicksilver in the MCU Hands down.
    and this QS would never get himself shot
    Yeah that kind of bugged me.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    What a strange thing to say, they are all Marvel ...
    I meant Fox anyways.

I'd probably go with Evan Peters because his scenes were more interesting, but had his MCU counterpart had a chance for more development, I might have liked him better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jonathan Taylor Thomas doesn't even register as Quicksilver. Evan Peters all day every day.

Have to go with neither.
    READ and be less Ignorant.