Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Assasin's Creed PC disclaimer

So I'm starting to play Assasin's Creed and while the game is loading this disclaimer pops up. Are we really at the point where we need Political Correctness disclaimers? Why can't companies just make their games/movies/books the way they want.

Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

7+ Year Old Account
    Howcome they didn't mention merit?

Trigger warning?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    So I'm starting to play Assasin's Creed and while the game is loading this disclaimer pops up. Are we really at the point where we need Political Correctness disclaimers? Why can't companies just make their games/movies/books the way they want.

It was on the very first one. 9 years ago.

Why does this bother you?

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    It's also on syndicate.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

It is same since the first game, released in 2007, so it's pretty old...probably older than the term "political correctness" was popular and OP knew about it.

The fact that it can trigger you so hard that you rushed here to create a topic about it is actually a bit funny.

So what you're saying is don't buy Assassin's Creed, huh?
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's your fault for playing western games. There are tons of women in japan who design games, but they don't shove it in your face.

It's also on syndicate.
    Just sayin, hipster ubisoft. Trigger warnings before it was cool.

What better way to unite people than to point out their differences.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Nah I'm pretty sure the original one only had '' multicultural team of various beliefs '', not '' gender identities and sexual orientations ''. I'm positive about this.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Why does this bother you?
    Is the game sexual or something? I don't understand why sexual orientation and gender are mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Is the game sexual or something? I don't understand why sexual orientation and gender are mentioned.
    If you call Ezio and the other lady making out in clothes sexual, then yes.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Nah I'm pretty sure the original one only had '' multicultural team of various beliefs '', not '' gender identities and sexual orientations ''. I'm positive about this.
    Sentiment generally still holds. Though I do believe you're right about the specific wording.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's been the disclaimer since 2007. but the Gender Identity thing was added in syndicate. They didn't start pushing it until Syndicate with Ned Wynert who is a trans woman.

The Gender Identity stuff is new. Quit saying the message is old. It isn't.

10+ Year Old Account

[IMG]https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--0IgPO04c--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/1487071650840923721.jpg[IMG]
    I think it's just the same as at the end of movies, it is sometimes said, "No animals were harmed in the making of this movie". It is a way to send a message to people along with the product. Nobody is forced to use these disclaimers in their product, but it is considered a good style to do it. It is their game, they are free to fill it with any content, as long as it doesn't violate the law.

Good luck with AC, by the way. I bought the first game, played it for a couple of hours and quit - not my kind of game. Hopefully your experience is better.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Trigger warning?
    Going to start needing trigger warnings for trigger warnings just so the anti-PC twits don't have a seizure.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I think it's just the same as at the end of movies, it is sometimes said, "No animals were harmed in the making of this movie". It is a way to send a message to people along with the product. Nobody is forced to use these disclaimers in their product, but it is considered a good style to do it. It is their game, they are free to fill it with any content, as long as it doesn't violate the law.

Good luck with AC, by the way. I bought the first game, played it for a couple of hours and quit - not my kind of game. Hopefully your experience is better.
    So far I don't like it. The controls just feel sloppy to me.

#IStandWithGinaCarano