Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Seems silly. The places where they congregate are also the places where they usually can't take them. A rather irrational choice, well like most gun purchases.
    Wait, so guns are allowed in straight bars? Straight nightclubs? Where the hell have you been clubbing where guns are allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Wait, so guns are allowed in straight bars? Straight nightclubs? Where the hell have you been clubbing where guns are allowed?
    1849 Gold Rush saloon in the old west.

Now HUSH! Fearless Freep is about to get on stage to do his high diving act.

I've hardly heard of any Gay or Lesbian driven homocides, if you want a "good guy with a gun" I don't think you could pick a safer crowd.

Also if you wantonly break the law and just bring your gun into "gun free zones" you can't be prosecuted if you ultimately use it in self defense. Of course if you're caught simply having it you can get in trouble.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes even in places where they're not allowed, you'll find people armed. I used to play with a LARP group that forbade weapons (or even props that looked like weapons) at events, due to security concerns. However, we had a member who was a sheriff's deputy, and by law he had to keep his sidearm on his person at all times, even when he was not on duty (primarily because he was never really "off duty"). So he had his gun on him at games, even though weapons weren't allowed.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Not quite sure what you are trying (and miserably failing) to achieve here. If the surge is among homosexuals, that means they are afraid because they fear for their lives because of people like the IS terrorist that aimed at them specifically. To actually target gay people specifically you need a place where you can actually find them and I'm hard pressed to find a place outside of gay clubs where that is the case.

Seems to vary per state. As I understand its legal to carry in OR at a bar unless the owner says otherwise, but not in WA for instance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    Sometimes even in places where they're not allowed, you'll find people armed. I used to play with a LARP group that forbade weapons (or even props that looked like weapons) at events, due to security concerns. However, we had a member who was a sheriff's deputy, and by law he had to keep his sidearm on his person at all times, even when he was not on duty (primarily because he was never really "off duty"). So he had his gun on him at games, even though weapons weren't allowed.
    Okay fine, but surely that's also allowed with homosexual-friendly locations and/or homosexual members of law enforcement? I mean, my comment was based on "The places where they congregate are also the places where they usually can't take them" and I still fail to see any logic in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    Unfortunately, whether any of the people at Pulse own a gun or have a CCW, they would still not have been able to legally carry inside. It would still have been the same bloodbath, which is why asshats like to shoot schools, movie theaters and bars. They are counting on the fact that nobody is armed. One guy in there with a knife could have made all the difference.
    We won't be truly safe until every person in the US is pointing a loaded gun at every other person's head at all times!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Gun ownership should require a gun safety course. That and a psychological exam/thorough background check. But hey, that's just me (someone who has taken a gun safety course).
    what are you crazy? thatd be like requiring a test to drive! PSSCH, can you imagine!

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We won't be truly safe until every person in the US is pointing a loaded gun at every other person's head at all times!
    Someone has to put that to video when the inevitable domino-effect starts .

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    You didn't bother to read it at all, did you? What it says is exactly true. A group that identifies itself as an LGBT Gun Club has more than doubled in members over the weekend. That definitely sounds like it fits "Gun sales surge among LGBT community" to me. Whether or not this is just a small sample or the ONLY increase so far, we don't know.

Quit trying to stir up shit, it just makes you look ignorant.
    Literally the basis for anecdotal evidence fallacies. Do you have an actual point, or do you just need clarification on what the word means?
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I would imagine that number would be proportional to about as many people who own guns already. Unless you think that being gay somehow affects your ability to fire a weapon?
    I assume the lgbt community who is buying these guns are buying them because they don't have one, not because they need more guns.

It is not that gay people don't know how to use/treat guns....but in general people don't. I just feel like lgbt people might make rash decisions buying a gun to protect themselves and end up getting someone hurt. I live in a community that is deeply rooted in hunting and fishing and it just sickens me how people use guns now days. They don't take care of them, don't keep them in a safe, they don't know the proper ways to handle one, they don't know how to clean them and even how they actually work. Where I live people treat guns with respect, the last time someone shot someone where I live? I don't even remember. I remember north of us in another parish some guy got shot, but that pretty much never happens.

Please guys, go do a training course on guns before you buy a gun. Also don't forget to use it every now and then, find a shooting range.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Not quite sure what you are trying (and miserably failing) to achieve here. If the surge is among homosexuals, that means they are afraid because they fear for their lives because of people like the IS terrorist that aimed at them specifically. To actually target gay people specifically you need a place where you can actually find them and I'm hard pressed to find a place outside of gay clubs where that is the case.
    First of all, he wasn't an IS terrorist.

Secondly, if he wanted to target straight people, he would have gone to pretty much any other nightclub or similar hookup joint, especially one in the same neighborhood. If there's a gay bar down the street, the bar not specifically advertising as a gay bar is likely filled with mostly straight clients -- a higher percentage of straight people than the public at large/random. And by Florida law, bars are gun-free zones regardless of sexual orientation. Seriously, name another place you could walk in and tell, just by looking around, that more people were straight than the average location.

The weird thing is that conservatives have seen this trend coming for a decade and haven't bent an inch to stay alive, I really don't get it. No amount of districting and electoral vote bias is going to save them at this point.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

First of all, he wasn't an IS terrorist.

Secondly, if he wanted to target straight people, he would have gone to pretty much any other nightclub or similar hookup joint, especially one in the same neighborhood. If there's a gay bar down the street, the bar not specifically advertising as a gay bar is likely filled with mostly straight clients -- a higher percentage of straight people than the public at large/random. And by Florida law, bars are gun-free zones regardless of sexual orientation. Seriously, name another place you could walk in and tell, just by looking around, that more people were straight than the average location.
    I still don't get what you are trying to say here.

Shooting happens at gay bar, because it is a gay bar.
    Gays react by buying guns to protect themselves.
    Gays can't take guns to the place that helped make them a target in the first place.
    => gun has greatly diminished value or none at all, since no one knows you are a gay on the street.

Would some kind of diagram help? Maybe a flow chart?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing that can stop a gay terrorist with a gun is a good gay guy with a gun....or a gov't competent enough to keep a crazy fuck from getting their hands on a firearm when they had plenty of warning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay fine, but surely that's also allowed with homosexual-friendly locations and/or homosexual members of law enforcement? I mean, my comment was based on "The places where they congregate are also the places where they usually can't take them" and I still fail to see any logic in that.
    There was actually an armed off-duty police officer at the Pulse who was there as a bouncer. Because he was there, the loss of life was actually minimized, but he wasn't able to stop the gunman.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Shit, I think that pink pistol my wife has had her eye on will be out of stock for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still don't get what you are trying to say here.

Shooting happens at gay bar, because it is a gay bar.
    Gays react by buying guns to protect themselves.
    Gays can't take guns to the place that helped make them a target in the first place.
    => gun has greatly diminished value or none at all, since no one knows you are a gay on the street.
    And the places where straight people congregate (at least, more so than the average location) they can't take guns either. And nobody bats an eye when straight people buy guns, and nobody calls that silly.

Saying homosexuals buying guns is silly, because they go to homosexual bars and cannot bring them, would require you to say the same for straight people buying guns.

And let's not forget: the shooter was probably gay. He at least frequented the bar in question as if he was. If he'd been straight, maybe he'd have shot up the straight bar he frequented instead. We'll never know. But I doubt we'd be having this conversation if he had.

Oh and let's not forget: bars might be gun-free zones in Florida, but not coast-to-coast. A lot of these gun purchases might actually end up in gay bars. So no, it's not silly.