Thread: is it just me?

is it just me?

*legion*
    is it just me or does lock feel very disappointing? every spec just feels...mediocre at best. demo feels like a very very weak attempt to be a caster BM hunter. destro feels like a weak mage. aff...just feels weak (you mage be able to do somewhat decent boss damage, but having 0 aoe makes mythic + a little difficult when you're trying to do anything high). some1 tell me if im wrong, post logs or something to prove me wrong. I have never claimed to be a lock god, but when im sitting at 160-220k single target (boss) and the tanks are right there with me...either im shit or the class is.
    Last edited by goldfishie; 2016-06-16 at 07:18 AM.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    The only spec I've enjoyed so far has been Demo but I guess the artifacts play a big role in each spec.

Deleted
    Welcome to warlocklife.

From what I've seen demo is rly good on tunneling st (as affli live) but that was long ago so.... and I've moved on to another class. *weeps*

Ps, u'll be bashed by the lockfanatics now

I've been disappointed ever since i heard demo was being turned into Imp Mastery spec tbh.

Are you still getting over the shock of change or have you been in Beta a while?

Seems like every spec has been dumbed down in Legion in order to attract new casual players.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Seems like every spec has been dumbed down in Legion in order to attract new casual players.
    What's wrong with that?

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    What's wrong with that?
    The mythic only raiders don't want to breath the same virtual air as these plebs.

Back to topic: I really like Demo. Destruction is boring imo... haven't testet affliction yet.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    What's wrong with that?
    You are happy with a dumbed down gameplay? I'm not. It's boring.

7+ Year Old Account
    To those complaining about things being dumbed down: have you been in beta/alpha or is this just your experience with PTR? If it's the latter, you may want to wait to pass judgement until you have the artifact. Affliction and destro play completely different with the artifact, and for Affliction it adds multiple levels of complexity and decision making that are really rewarding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terryn View Post
    To those complaining about things being dumbed down: have you been in beta/alpha or is this just your experience with PTR? If it's the latter, you may want to wait to pass judgement until you have the artifact. Affliction and destro play completely different with the artifact, and for Affliction it adds multiple levels of complexity and decision making that are really rewarding.
    I don't disagree with this assessment entirely, but I don't like that Demo isn't competitive as Destro and its complex. Destro is competitive, and decent with the Artifact, but as it stands its the only play of the game. Affliction is not applicable to the raid design currently standing with adds, fast target switching, and the need for burst AOE in a 3 sec window.
    #SargerasIsComingToSaveUs

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like lvling in beta as Demo, haven't had a chance to endgame it yet. But I can see how it could be on shakey ground for it.
    I'm going to main demo, and I'm in a mythic guild, if it's bad it's bad, I'll switch and deal with having lower artifact power. (or get sat lulz)
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    He was just surprised that demons can also summon you.
    That's a soviet russia of dark magic right here.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ldemort/simple

i've been in since alpha, tested all three specs. i've always loved aff and always will. so if everything is just shit when legion launches i'll just pray i chose the right spec for progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    Are you still getting over the shock of change or have you been in Beta a while?
    This actually happens a lot to people and since humans suck at self-introspection they don't recognise it for what it is, the inability to accept change in a positive way. Comes from Caveman days when a change in their environment could mean certain death, like a drought, animals migrating away or a wolf pack moving into the area.

A lot of people will decide they hate the changes they are experiencing along all classes and react negatively to it, even to the point that they will say this expansion is total shit without giving it a real chance.

I'm going to try hard not to pass judgement too quickly on the new spec mechanics.

I normally don't add onto what's already being said in these types of threads (class underpowered/disappoint threads), but Warlock is the only class in Legion where I'm saying "what the fuck did they do to my precious...?"

I've played Demo a fair bit and Affliction a bit less than Demo...and Destro barely.
    This doesn't mean I hate what they're doing overall (I actually fucking love everything ... cept warlocks)...but Warlock has been my first alt since BC and unless something changes I feel like I'll be shelving this class this expansion. I hope that feeling changes.

Demo: I like the idea of summoning demons and buffing them and the Demonic something shard building for Hand of Gul'dan, but it does feel weak to me (likely I'm doing something wrong). I can't even finish the artifact quest...which shames me. I CAN PVE DAMNIT! lol. I have no problem with most other quests...a death here and there while I figure things out.

Affliction: Definitely feels weak and boring. When I dot things up on live / in previous xpacs, I always felt like a death machine that leaves bodies in my wake. Now I feel like a weak demonic plague and I find myself dying repeatedly. Not sure what I'm doing wrong here as well.

Destro: Haven't played it much, maybe a few minutes. At a glance, doesn't look/feel much different than what is on live. I need to play this more before commenting further.

My lock is currently lvl 105 on beta. Levelled to 102 as demo then switched to destro to 105. Tried affliction for the first time last night.

My perspective might different than some others since lock hasn't been my main since MoP came out.

So far, I have to say that Legion Warlock, for me anyways, is categorically fun. All three specs are fun to pick up and play. Yes they are simpler, and I know that's controversial, but Blizz has been pretty open that they want to make the classes more accessible and place the bulk of the challenge within the raid encounters themselves, which I personally think is a wise move, provided the end product is similarly challenging as current.

Demo - I love it! It's fun and the talents are interesting. They change the way you play. I find it difficult to track demons without an add-on, however, which is why I probably won't revisit till add ons are out there. The ramp-up is a bit painful, however, and I wish it had some burst capability though. Can't get any numbers worth writing home about in dungeons cause everything dies too fast. Needs burst!

Destruction - I honestly have found this to be surprisingly enjoyable, particularly with the artifact. I'm excited to get enough artifact power to make incinerate refresh my artifact ability. That will be the icing on the cake! Destro plays like a slot machine that always wins! Some people won't like the RNG, which is fair, but it averages out great numbers so far so I would dismiss any complaints about RNG ruining numbers. It's really more about if you want your play style to be more or less predictable.

So far Destro is my favourite spec in all of Legion and will likely be my main

I have a 110 Demo lock, 105 Destro lock and 102 Afflock on beta.
    I have played warlock since vanilla and the only expansions it hasn't been my main were Cata and WoD.

Demo is fun and quite good to play, however it is absolutely crucified by movement, you have very narrow windows to cast X spell in because it must be cast NOW or you are wasting resources\uptime\damage potential and it seems that you are punished far more than other specs\classes for missing those windows. The ramp time is a bit excessive as well but that will likely fix itself with gear.

Destro plays almost exactly the same as the WoD version.... and I hated WoD destro. Destro however has almost exactly zero AE even with talents, RoF is a total fucking bad joke and literally not worth casting, a Havok'd choasbolt pair is a much better use of resources, Incinerate with the Fire and Brimstone talent only tickles, even on normal mobs out in the world. Basically let anyone else do the AE just cleave away and if you happen to run into a rare or situation that needs AE while questing or doing dailys... do something else.

Aff is meticulous and requires you to track a very large number of variables constantly, it's not bad but it does feel incredibly boring the numbers are numerous but very tiny and you never get a feel that you are doing something other than watching a bunch of timers. There is no "oomph" in the spec may just be a numbers tuning thing but it just doesn't feel like the "meltin' ur enemies" Aff of old. May be a gear thing honestly it just doesn't feel good to me. AE is another bugbear for Aff while it's not as bad as end MoP as long as you have the talent, it is still pretty damn weak. Even with the talent it's not astounding an Assas rogue has better feeling DoT based AE.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.