Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    WHAT? I loved Bubsy 2. Both those games were great, but Bubsy 2 was fucking hard as hell. Old school platform games blow new platform games out of the water. Half of your success or failure was all based on how well you learned the levels because if you jumped from a certain platform and had to go down, you would either fall into a trap and die or an enemy that would also kill you, or something else dangerous.

- - - Updated - - -

Still confused as to why people hated that game. Back then, I actually enjoyed it for some reason. Maybe I had a gluttony for punishment via bad video games. I do remember getting stuck though every time I rented it. I got to one level and there was an area that I could see but couldn't access. In the days before having internet and access to GameFAQ's as well.
    lol yeah I think I just played the first Bubsy so damn much that I was pretty much over that platformer when the sequel came out! I can't get past zelda a link to the past it was just so great. So was links awakening and ocarina of time. But I hated majora's mask and wind waker.

90's were the golden age of platformers though, loved the mega man series.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Regret Nothing View Post
    The way I see it, Daikatana crossed the threshold of "so bad it's good". A million little problems add up and compound until the whole experience is so absurd that you can't resist going a little bit further, to see how much worse it gets.
    I've had this with a couple of games, but Daikatana just wasn't one of them.
    I may actually see if I can find it and give it a whirl again, even if just to see if I should have given it more of a chance