Deleted

[PTR] MM Hunter talents

Hey guys.

For the PTR and for our raiding between prepatch and Legion release...

Looking at the talents, I'm going for (and this is general talents for HFC raiding):

T15: Lone Wolf
    T30: I believe Lock and Load would usually be the best, but with T18 4-set... it would seem that half the value of this talent is wasted. Not sure which talent is best right now
    T45: Situational...
    T60: Patient Sniper. Not sure though
    T75: Situational
    T90: Barrage. Seems pretty awesome even in single target on Beta.
    T100: Trick Shot on single target?

Also, is mastery king of secondary stats now instead of crit?

Deleted
    How's the rotation lining up for you without sidewinders?

With sidewinders I'm finding it very much to be: Aimed/Aimed/Sidewinders/Marked/Aimed/Aimed/Sidewinders/Marked/Aimed/Aimed - bit of downtime

This is in general discounting the LnL procs and not factoring in a T90 talent usage but there doesn't seem to be much thinking about it other than whether perhaps you ought to delay sidewinders for more targets for a bigger marked shot. I'll be making my way through the Alpha thread shortly to try and get more useful information on what to be doing, but 43 pages is a lot to sift through to find the few gems.

Howdy,

I haven't been able to find a decent enough rotation without sidewinders. I don't know that trick shot is worth it. If you were to choose a different 100 talent I think it would have to be piercing shot, but it's difficult to put one of those into a rotation with the high costs of the ability. If you didn't use sidewinders though, you'd also most likely want true aim. You can keep up the 20% buff on bosses alongside your lonewolf buff its a total of 40% increased damage. I've seen 1-2 MM hunters on beta doing it, and doing well enough.

Deleted
    At work for a couple more hours so haven't been able to test really. But it sounds like Sidewinders is the goto talent for T100.

Also maybe I have misunderstood something, but since Sidewinders replaces Arcane shot - do we not have any focus regenerator then? Meaning if we are out of focus, we can only wait for focus?
    Last edited by mmoc7663219631; 2016-06-16 at 12:50 PM.

Deleted
    MM feels 100% unplayable without siderwinders imo.
    From some dungeon testing i kinda like SV thou. Feels alot more solid with higher haste and some more buggfixes.

Quote Originally Posted by santy View Post
    How's the rotation lining up for you without sidewinders?

With sidewinders I'm finding it very much to be: Aimed/Aimed/Sidewinders/Marked/Aimed/Aimed/Sidewinders/Marked/Aimed/Aimed - bit of downtime
    Why Marked Shot immediately after sidewinders? They both apply vulnerable so you're reducing uptime on the buff by doing them back to back. I think it would make sense to sidewinders > dump aimed shots and LnL procs > marked shot to reapply vulnerable > dump rest of focus on Aimed and LnL procs. Pool focus after vulnerable falls off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovetrees View Post
    Why Marked Shot immediately after sidewinders? They both apply vulnerable so you're reducing uptime on the buff by doing them back to back. I think it would make sense to sidewinders > dump aimed shots and LnL procs > marked shot to reapply vulnerable > dump rest of focus on Aimed and LnL procs. Pool focus after vulnerable falls off.
    Exactly my thoughts, too. Especially with Patient Sniper duration nerfed to 6 seconds this seems like the better alternative. Without Sidewinders MM is pretty much dead in the water on lvl 100, mainly because everything dies so damn quickly and Patient Sniper being the bursty option - plus, the insane amounts of haste we have reduce the recharge time of Sidewinders quite drastically.

But I'm intrigued if a playstyle without Patient Sniper and Sidewinders, maybe with Sentinel in the mix, will be viable for sustained DPS and longer fights come 110. The long ramp up get's alleviated a bit by Windburst and Piercing Shot hitting hard while not being affected by Vunlerability stacks.
    Last edited by mmoc7f25e17046; 2016-06-16 at 03:34 PM.

Deleted
    I just jumped on this morning with no research, so it was just a case of what seemed to work reasonably well on the back of a heroic dungeon.

Although from how its playing it just feels like in that case it'd be Aimed/Aimed/Sidewinders/Aimed/Aimed - Downtime - Marked - Downtime - Aimed/Sidewinders/Aimed/Aimed

Deleted
    TR1 Lone Wolf
    TR2 LnL even with 4 set its still free to use
    TR3 Posthaste is my favorite rest just sux
    TR4 Sniper maybe that other who gives you marked on min or so
    TR5 Barrage FTW
    TR6 i stopped on that one who gives you 30% Aim shot spread(its also gives 15% damage to Aimed if there isnt any other target with mark)
    Trinket now Mirror/Censer havent decided yet(mirror looks nerfed)
    Trinket 2 Kihra 720+ OP as Fuck atm
    Scanned my bags for gear but i do not have much pts who gives both mastery/haste 4 set is to OP to be scrapped down
    My toon sit on 50% crit/16%49% mastery/15% haste 738 Ilv not buffed also will swap my enchants to mastery too
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2016-06-16 at 03:58 PM.

Deleted
    64% passive crit... Multistrike, you will be missed.

Deleted
    Well looks like Mirrors is nerfed its do only 100k damage on Single target with ring up