Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Retribution for Retribution

Just got on the PTR - I had no idea the Retribution passive (50% increase damage for 10 seconds when an ally dies) was still a thing. Does everyone else like this? I can't stand the idea that I can only unlock my full damage potential when the rest of my group plays badly.

i cant recall where it was said exactly, but "retribution" is a perk. Blizz said they havnt mitigated our dps due to that trait alone. 3 Blessings of might on the other hand >.>

Deleted
    Neat;

no more "being sacrifice group" for us.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's kinda fun in bg's, where it procs almost all the time

The question I have is, does it stack? Like, if half your raid eats it, do you get to do God damage for 10 seconds?

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    The question I have is, does it stack? Like, if half your raid eats it, do you get to do God damage for 10 seconds?
    it just refreshes the duration. does not stack.

going to be a VERY nice boost on progression thats for sure.

I love that idea, since i enjoy random bgs as much as rated pvp, i will love the dmg boost when nubs around me will be dying left and right and my Ret will be top dmg and far ahead of 2nd dpser...oh i can already feel the ocean of outraged QQing coming when casuals will see Ret's dmg in a random bg ';..;'

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    I love that idea, since i enjoy random bgs as much as rated pvp, i will love the dmg boost when nubs around me will be dying left and right and my Ret will be top dmg and far ahead of 2nd dpser...oh i can already feel the ocean of outraged QQing coming when casuals will see Ret's dmg in a random bg ';..;'
    GL staying on target, tho !

Quote Originally Posted by Rikkof View Post
    GL staying on target, tho !
    lol i know right? f blizzard, i will probably will have to carry with me a pocket dk or rogue to slow down enemy for me while i unleash my retribution wrath upon them.

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    lol i know right? f blizzard, i will probably will have to carry with me a pocket dk or rogue to slow down enemy for me while i unleash my retribution wrath upon them.
    Don't forget a pocket Healer, becuase our defenses are very strongest in Legion

Quote Originally Posted by Reghame View Post
    it just refreshes the duration. does not stack.

going to be a VERY nice boost on progression thats for sure.
    This. Specially when you get to the point where you're very close to actually killing a boss (1% wipes anyone?) And you get the 50% increased damage as you slowly start dying in the last phase. Last person standing, bubble with 50% increased damage you might just be the MVP of your raid for 5 seconds.

I believe they said that the "Retribution" passive will not be included in our tuning, it will just be a bonus.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    I believe they said that the "Retribution" passive will not be included in our tuning, it will just be a bonus.
    they did say that yes.

Shadow priest with their surrender to madness talent will be our best friends

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePants999 View Post
    Just got on the PTR - I had no idea the Retribution passive (50% increase damage for 10 seconds when an ally dies) was still a thing. Does everyone else like this? I can't stand the idea that I can only unlock my full damage potential when the rest of my group plays badly.
    Wut. You have your full damage potential all the time. This passive is flavour not balancing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    Wut. You have your full damage potential all the time. This passive is flavour not balancing.
    That's not how it works. Sure, Blizzard say Retribution is just a bonus, and not counted towards your DPS output etc, but players don't see it like that. They see it as "1/3 of my damage relies on others being idiots every few seconds".

Deleted
    hmm so a raid team of 20 with one person dies very 9-10 secs just so the ret teamm can burn harder. gotta love that tactic when it goes live >.<

would work wonders for a boosting team. "just go die so you can boost our dps" yep i really can see players whinning to the raid leader that no1 any idiot not dieing for our dps gain.
    Last edited by mmocc1a1fece26; 2016-06-19 at 10:25 AM.

Deleted
    Y lewl more like a burn phase on demand (member dies boms spread among rets) if u bring 5 rets in the party.
    Now i can clearly see teams having to work around the fact that a ret is part of the opposite team instead of just go for/ignore the ret :P

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroggylos View Post
    Now i can clearly see teams having to work around the fact that a ret is part of the opposite team instead of just go for/ignore the ret :P
    Oh that's easy - just kite them :P .

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    That's not how it works. Sure, Blizzard say Retribution is just a bonus, and not counted towards your DPS output etc, but players don't see it like that. They see it as "1/3 of my damage relies on others being idiots every few seconds".
    What idiots want to see something as is irrelevant to what it actually is.

It is flavour, not part of tuning.